Ken Paxton is dirty? NO FUCKING WAY!

Gil Bang

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

What I can believe, but only because I have to visually witness it at least once every other day, is fucking Lobo showing up in the fucking cloak room, where he's Right of probably everyone here, and getting indignant and going full Robert Downy Jr. You People on everyone here as if we're the fucking problem and responsible for Ken Paxton. 

If you want to lecture people, Lobo, head over to the Daily Texan, or better yet, your drinking buddies and cousins and in-laws and yell at them. 

Your fucking dumbass thinks you saved Texas from Ken Paxton.  You simple fucking sweet summer child.  We telegraphed this for years while you fucking bitched and moaned on the sidelines you fucking idiot.  Know your place and shut the fuck up.  The grown ups are working right now.  You are beyond worthless.  

• Fuck You 1

12 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Wait.   What?  I am honestly confused?  I never voted for Ken Paxton even once, told y'all about his crimes and covering for money laundering schemes years ahead of time but I'm the asshole?  Yeah, that checks out.  Why don't you hand out some pamphlets and let the adults do the real work.

2 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Your fucking dumbass thinks you saved Texas from Ken Paxton.  You simple fucking sweet summer child.  We telegraphed this for years while you fucking bitched and moaned on the sidelines you fucking idiot.  Know your place and shut the fuck up.  The grown ups are working right now.  You are beyond worthless.  

Here's the blanket "Your" and "you" again that is so stupid. I don't know who you think I am, and I sure as shit don't know who the "we" you are referencing are, and it doesn't really matter. You conversationally showing up and dropping down your blanket "you guys" and "my guys" shit is the stupid fucking problem here. I haven't bitched and moaned "for years" I haven't even followed politics much since oh about 2017-2018. But I do know that you brag all the fucking time about all the powerful and connected political people in politics you know and rub elbows with, and you sit here and talk about how "dumb" everyone else is when you were fucking  rubbing elbows with Ted Cruz's chief of staff and such. 

Listen, if you're the grown up/adult, and you've been doing "real work" here for about 6-8 years, and Paxton is just now getting busted because he stupidly asked for 3.3 million in taxpayer dollars to pay whistleblowers, well, then you fucking suck at your "work." And if you're implying with all your vast knowledge of his ties to cartels that he's about to get got for his theft, well, I guess that's a flex. By all means, get back to organizing the cartel posse. 

Or maybe just stop blanket referring to a thread where everyone is generally agreeing Paxton is a piece of shit that "you other people that aren't Lobo" are the fucking idiot problems here. 

1 minute ago, DDD Dad said:

Aren't we already here?

This is a fair point, I honestly thought I was in the CR thread. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

First of all, no worries.  Just message board banter.   You keep voting how you vote and patting yourself on the back.  The grown-ups will take care of the rest.  Things like this take time.  

You wouldn't know because you're a fucking child.  

• Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

First of all, no worries.  Just message board banter.   You keep voting how you vote and patting yourself on the back.  The grown-ups will take care of the rest.  Things like this take time.  

Hes-an-angry-elf GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Uh, I get that he has basically an unparalleled resume, but he had very clearly lost a step when I heard him defending Deshaun Watson.

He's a defense attorney. Not sure why they have him prosecuting.

13 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

You're being a pompous ass. Dial it back a few notches. Whether you recognize it or not, you do the "you people" and "you guys" thing a lot even to the people who agree with you and it makes you look like an ass.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

Uh, I get that he has basically an unparalleled resume, but he had very clearly lost a step when I heard him defending Deshaun Watson.
It certainly garauntees this will be a circus, but I'd much rather have him against Ken Paxton than with Ken Paxton.
  • Hook 'Em 1

I don't need any help looking like an ass.  ;)   

In all honestly, did't realize I was using "you people" that frequently.  Call me whatever you want, BTW.  But what Nate gives up next, I got nothing to do with.

Also, how the in fucking hell do some of you live in Austin and now happen to meet people who work in politics?  It's literally impossible.  You leave home and you can't help but meet 9 people in GOP politics without even trying 

Edited by YGIFS

2 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

I don't need any help looking like an ass.  ;)   

In all honestly, did't realize I was using "you people" that frequently.  Call me whatever you want, BTW.  But what Nate gives up next, I got nothing to do with.

Just take it as a nudge that you need a better class of friends who never drank Bud Light to begin with.

I see you did not attend Texas-OU in 2021, where the Cotton Bowl ran out of everything but Bud Light (among other things that happened). I am jealous.

2 hours ago, The Dog said:

2 hours ago, chainsaw said:

His real employer is probably Nate Paul anyway

In any case, Ken doesn't give a shit about his $153k from the State.  He's got PLENTY socked away from other sources.

Wildcard: he is married.  His SITTING SENATOR wife unquestionably benefited from his shenanigans.  And if you believe she didn't know a fair chunk of what was up....well, I have some Trump NFTs to sell you.

Finally.....the smart move in these cases is to count the votes in the Senate well before any trial gets started.  If the votes to convict are already there, then a smart person resigns before you get all of your dirty laundry aired in full view of the public.

Problem: Paxton is not a smart person.

• Hook 'Em 3

31 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

In any case, Ken doesn't give a shit about his $153k from the State.  He's got PLENTY socked away from other sources.

Wildcard: he is married.  His SITTING SENATOR wife unquestionably benefited from his shenanigans.  And if you believe she didn't know a fair chunk of what was up....well, I have some Trump NFTs to sell you.

Finally.....the smart move in these cases is to count the votes in the Senate well before any trial gets started.  If the votes to convict are already there, then a smart person resigns before you get all of your dirty laundry aired in full view of the public.

Problem: Paxton is not a smart person.

counterargument:

he tried to hide an affair, and might have been successful at that for a while. if so, it's conceivable (but to me not likely) wife was generally ignorant of his whereabouts and the company he kept and, on that basis, specifically unaware of the Nate Paul stuff or at least the illegal aspects of his relationship with Nate Paul.

11 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

counterargument:

he tried to hide an affair, and might have been successful at that for a while. if so, it's conceivable (but to me not likely) wife was generally ignorant of his whereabouts and the company he kept and, on that basis, specifically unaware of the Nate Paul stuff or at least the illegal aspects of his relationship with Nate Paul.

She wasn't ignorant of gobs of cash coming in from a dude making $153k.  She knew.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

She wasn't ignorant of gobs of cash coming in from a dude making $153k.  She knew.

There's plenty of "clean" ways to make money if you're a public servant with a lot of friends in the country club crowd. Especially if you're conservative. I'm not aware of any "Jimmy Carter sell the peanut farm"-type requirements for Texas AG. There's nothing illegal about making smart investments, so if I'm his wife I would definitely push back on the idea that "gobs of cash" without more is smoking gun evidence of criminality.

Like the Trump impeachments, the trial is all sound and fury signifying nothing.  It's all about votes.  They've either got em or they don't.

With one caveat…as it relates to the involvement of people who AREN’T named Ken Paxton, it could be pretty interesting.

I only say this as a dumb slut from Victoria TX, but everyone from Memorial knew Nate Paul had links to cartel and his real estate shit wasn’t organic. I know no specifics, sister graduated with him and rolls her eyes and just says cartel.

That’ll be 9.95

Missed it by a hair, boyfriend is from Harlingen. Living in MY goddamn place in Austin together. I can’t even visit my own place.

I hope Republicans have an all time spin zone when it comes out Texas statewide leaders are in bed with Mexican cartel. Will explain all the Houston takeover of elections s seem like an “oh shit, duh.”

I lived just outside Harlingen for two months in 1993.  So this hits close to home.  Sorry you can’t crash at your own pad.   Makes you feel any better, Ken will soon be outta pocket as well.  

2 hours ago, scottsins said:

Doesn’t matter at all. Skill set is very similar, and I say that as someone who has done both jobs. Hardin handled some of the stuff against Ken Starr.

I’m assuming his partner for this trial, Dick DeGuerin, has shit shit together, yes?

Dan has gotta appear impartial for the senate trial.  Which is understandable.  

what one could do is physically send a certified letter that would have to signed for directly to The LG’s office from a trusted donor.  The contents would outline Paxton’s legal cover for the money laundering scheme.  Patrick would not discuss it on the senate Floor but it would be documented that he was aware of a crime and said nothing about it.  At least give him a black eye to his bullshit impartiality.  Surely he’s got a few former donors who hate him nowadays.  

12 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

Missed it by a hair, boyfriend is from Harlingen. Living in MY goddamn place in Austin together. I can’t even visit my own place.

I hope Republicans have an all time spin zone when it comes out Texas statewide leaders are in bed with Mexican cartel. Will explain all the Houston takeover of elections s seem like an “oh shit, duh.”

you sound like you make bad decisions in life.

That’s a good strategy.  If the kids were a little older/more resilient, I’d do that in a heartbeat.  We planned out heavily going to Costa Rica after Christmas of 2020 because I knew what was coming.  But too late now, they’re entrenched in school and activities.  But I don’t see us living here until they are both in college.  

that said the pending civil war that is actually just stupids shooting stupids does seem like big fun.  They’re beginning to turn on themselves from within.   Paxton is just yet another example.  This is going to be absolutely magnificent.  

22 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Your fucking dumbass thinks you saved Texas from Ken Paxton.  You simple fucking sweet summer child.  We telegraphed enabled this for years while you fucking bitched and moaned on the sidelines you fucking idiot.  Know your place and shut the fuck up.  The grown ups are working right now.  You are beyond worthless.  

FIFY

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

People need to pull GOP ballots in the primary/runoff seasons to get less batshit insane options.  A few more cycles, people will have the luxury again of voting their own party in primary season.  But yeah, it is just dumbfounding that the RPT throws George P. under the bus when they knew this was gonna happen to Paxton (admittedly not mid-2023, but down the road).  But to your point, we all share some of the blame.  Pardon my crazy rants earlier, we just gotta get out of this mentality of "If you know any Republicans or vote for less crazy candidates in their primaries, you are enabling the Paxtons and Patricks of the world!"  That's not true and it just leads to the extremism you see unfolding in our state.  Forgot this is an apolitical thread, but it's centre-right, centre-left, and truly independence voters that can swing things away from serious criminals.  

I mean "obstruction of justice."  That's a big charge for a legislator or administrative agency head.  But it was our own Chief Law Enforcement Official.  Think about that.