Ken Paxton is dirty? NO FUCKING WAY!

Gil Bang

Hmmm, 11-day trial schedule Ken?  Be weird if anybody got swept up in the Dies y Seis celebrations Mexico after that?  Weird considering who is on Calendars Committee.  I'm sure you'll skate just fine.  Just a very ominous harbinger for your sorry ass.  

On 6/19/2023 at 8:04 PM, TexEx15 said:

That's not what the Constitution says, Angela.

Sec. 3. IMPARTIAL TRIAL BY SENATE; CONCURRENCE OF TWO-THIRDS REQUIRED. When the Senate is sitting as a Court of Impeachment, the Senators shall be on oath, or affirmation impartially to try the party impeached, and no person shall be convicted without the concurrence of two-thirds of the Senators present.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

Senator Paxton must recuse.

13FAA3B3-2D17-427D-BA55-F835BAB396A8.png

She doesn't have to recuse.

She won't be permitted to vote, no matter what she does.

Rule 31. Conflict. A member of the court who is the spouse of a party to the

court of impeachment is considered to have a conflict pursuant to

Article III, Section 22, of the Texas Constitution. Such member of

the court shall be seated in the court of impeachment pursuant to

Article 15 of the Texas Constitution. However, such member of the

court shall not be eligible to vote on any matter, motion, or

question, or participate in closed sessions or deliberations.

Notwithstanding any other rule, a member of the court who is the

spouse of a party to the court of impeachment shall be considered

present and eligible only for the purpose of calculating the number

of votes required for any and all matters, motions, and questions

under these rules.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

I get the politics of it all, Angela.  And you can file motions and appeals to process behind the scenes discretely.  But this is very much the part of the movie where you're going to want to go ahead and be quiet.    

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

I get the politics of it all, Angela.  And you can file motions and appeals to process behind the scenes discretely.  But this is very much the part of the movie where you're going to want to go ahead and be quiet.    

But, she has so many words in her head. They have to get out. You need to hear them. 

14 hours ago, YGIFS said:

I think it maybe a sign they are serious about removing him.  Also, them requiring him to be there in person for the impeachment was a nice little bit.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Meh. Angela can't vote but it didn't lower the threshold of required votes to convict him. It's the same as if she had pre-voted to acquit.

No argument there, but if they had allowed her to vote, then they had no intention of him being booted out.

I'm still amazed that he may actually have to get up and testify.

7 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Nobody there is going to know who he is, or if a random Texan stumbles across him, is not going to fucking care one bit.

I'd try to do that thing where I pretend (wink) to be drunk and turn to talk to him standing at a urinal and piss all over his shoes. If I could get the urinal on the right he'd never see it coming. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

WTF ???

Paxton is MAGA.  You know, the people who scream all day long about the Chicoms and whatnot.

Wait, have you not read my pamphlet, "Every Accusation is a Confession: the GQP Way?"  I could have sworn you were on my mailing list.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Y'all read that article? He went with a group of AGs from around the country. Don't know why a group of AGs need to go to China... but singling out Paxton for it seems a bit disingenuous. 

However, if we want to get to where even a whiff of impropriety means you are out of public office, I'd be ok with that too.

20 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Y'all read that article? He went with a group of AGs from around the country. Don't know why a group of AGs need to go to China... but singling out Paxton for it seems a bit disingenuous. 

However, if we want to get to where even a whiff of impropriety means you are out of public office, I'd be ok with that too.

Yeah, it was a larger crooked boondoggle.  Both dem and repub AGs went on it.

The fucking naked corruption we don't just allow, but encourage and reward, is super-shitty.

2 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Ok. Hang ‘em all then.  No sweat off my sack. 

• Hook 'Em 1