Ken Paxton is dirty? NO FUCKING WAY!

Gil Bang

2 hours ago, Your Mom said:

I would’ve guessed trafficking or pedo over white-collar crime based on the before and after mugshot

528A6968-C3C9-4E7E-9C27-41118710B845.thumb.jpeg.b2b37a88cc558cc7e7362b85458b17cb.jpeg
F89BA108-BD45-4083-A6F8-6C8457738E8C.jpeg.9b5717349288bb8e05d1cd7ad63693c0.jpeg

wow, first photo would make you think he's a blue-eyed man in his prime. the second photo looks like the "after" shot from a few years meth. yikes

This is getting coverage on CNN.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/09/politics/nate-paul-ken-paxton-impeachment-arrest-texas/index.html

Paxton's billionaire backers probably aren't too happy that the feds made some noise today, but they'll plunge ahead with their threats.

And as others noted on other sites, the brothers already tried to end Abbott's career last year, so there's no love for them with the more mainstream Texas Republicans, as well as the Republicans running the state, and there's no worries - if Huffines is the best they could run against Abbott, none of them will have a problem with reelection.

23 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Trump indicted bigly.

Ukrainian offensive kicking off.

The Paxton business with Nate Paul being taken up a notch.

And a relative is coming out of the hospital after a long and rough stay.

It's a damn fine week.

Don't forget Pat Robertson heading to hell.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

https://www.kxan.com/investigations/nate-paul-austin-investor-tied-to-ag-paxton-charged-with-8-federal-counts/

Embattled Austin real estate investor Nate Paul – a donor and ally to impeached Attorney General Ken Paxton – has been charged in federal court with eight counts related to making false statements and false reports to mortgage lending companies and credit unions, according to court records released Friday.

Each count carries a maximum penalty of up to 30 years in prison and a fine of up to $1,000,000 if convicted, the Department of Justice said in a press release. 

The government is seeking forfeiture of Paul’s properties related to the criminal allegations, $172 million and substitute assets if the properties can’t be recovered. Paul has been released on the condition that he surrender his passport, which his attorney said in court Friday he has already done. Paul was granted the ability to travel domestically, but he must notify the court and provide an itinerary.

The government also asked for a special condition on his release, including that he can’t retaliate against any witness or threaten to do so, according to court statements.

Promised to not retaliate against any witnesses?   I can’t define “irony”, but I know it when I see it.  Good lord, we are living in a simulation. What he is about to do to a very key witness will make that quote somewhat laughable. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Promised to not retaliate against any witnesses?   I can’t define “irony”, but I know it when I see it.  Good lord, we are living in a simulation. What he is about to do to a very key witness will make that quote somewhat laughable. 

I have to give you some serious credit - you were right that things were going to get interesting with Nate this week.  That's a whole lot of money that existed on paper and nowhere else.

40 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

heading? oh you know Satan had a HyperLoop seat waiting for him when he arrived. He's already had several rectal probes

Huh. I figured hell would curate a custom experience that would not be enjoyed by the individual patron. This implies it’s an off the shelf kind of thing. 

The sad thing is I wasn’t even really trying to dig up dirt.  Most of what I learned a few years back is due to Nate, Paxton, and a few operators being way too open about details while half in the bag.  It’s literally one of those situations where they wanted to get caught kinda 

but then the other shoe dropped.  There are some investors you just can’t lose money for.  I think I know Nate’s play here as I’ve forecasted.  But it’s been accelerated by the senate trial or lack thereof.  There’s four entities he can make a deal with but one of ‘em doesn’t make deals.  

• Hook 'Em 1

heading? oh you know Satan had a HyperLoop seat waiting for him when he arrived. He's already had several rectal probes
I like to imagine he got a tour of heaven, in a rollercoaster car, and just as the tour ends, and he thinks he was about to exit to eternal salvation, the bar slams down on his dick, and the car plummets to hell.301ed95ea9e5259bf9b9d1698c1e3842.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Gap03 said:

I mean, that's great and all, but "... 8-yr-old felony cases ..."

jaguar-fan.gif

I guess I'll get excited when I see the wonk-eyed MFer actually dragged into court.

It's the Berlusconi script (you know, the picture of modern populist corruption, Italian-style) -- delay, delay, delay.  Of course, in Italy, that actually had a tangible payoff: limitations runs till TRIAL, not the charge, so if you can delay trial long enough, limitations runs and the case has to be dropped. 

Here....it's just delay so you can keep criming in the interim.  Which they have played to the hilt.

1 hour ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Hd Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Just saw the Harris County news...is that it?

It's huge.  The whole reason for delay was avoiding Collin County.  First, the Collin County DA recused, requiring the appointment of special prosecutors.  Then the prosecutors wanted to move the case to Harris, which was granted.  Then Collin County refused to pay the special prosecutors' fees.  Then an appeals court kicked it back to Collin.  

Now it's pretty much all settled.

Collin County is one of the dirtiest places in Texas.

And, because this case was filed long ago, it's not as stale as it might be.  The prosecutors ostensibly were ready to go to trial back then and had their evidence and witnesses lined up.  Some may have died or gone senile in the interim though.

• Hook 'Em 1

51 minutes ago, mchookem said:

And those were Republicans with lots of connections that were speaking with those FBI agents for hours about everything they witnessed. Their testimony in the upcoming trial will be must-watch TV.

Paxton is a distraction that the state leadership will be happy to see kicked out.

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

sorry, that was supposed to read "Orgy Erotica"  

f12acd8d-3530-4610-b49a-a2b37b2f9b2a_tex

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

And those were Republicans with lots of connections that were speaking with those FBI agents for hours about everything they witnessed. Their testimony in the upcoming trial will be must-watch TV.

Paxton is a distraction that the state leadership will be happy to see kicked out.

Will it be televised?  It will be in federal court, no?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

This bit about Houston ruling lulzed me:

“This case has been before the Court of Criminal Appeals for nearly two years and the timing of today’s decision was no coincidence [—] specifically timed and designed to create maximum negative press and political damage to the Attorney General and targeted to hurt him with the Senate,” Buzbee said in a statement.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

• Like 1

Well we knew Dan Patrick would provide Paxton some coverage, but this has been beyond surprising.  Explains why Nate Paul's deal got it's legs cut from under it despite Abbott's support.  If you can't give flip on Paxton and get yourself a decent plea because nothing's gonna happen to Paxton (except the Bridge in Juarez thing down the road), I guess you don't have many cards to play.  Nate is now turbo-fucked, they don't need his shit anymore.  Dan Patrick continues to berate Greg Abbott who fails more and more at even a modicum of attempt to seem relevant in the GOP field.  Ken still gets dead down the road, but not for a long while.  And Nate's investors are left holding their dicks.  

Our state is a shitty episode of Knot's Landing.  Without the shoulder pads.  Just pads.  

And Angela Paxton is not going to recuse herself. Can’t say I’m surprised, but my god these people are shameless.

They are the id of the GQP. Some of the Texas GQP is trying to run from it…we shouldn’t let them. This is who they are. All of them. Crooks, liars, and charlatans. Every last one at this point. Some of them are just better at acting like they have decorum. But - and this is important - they’re lying. There are no good republicans, not anymore.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1