Ken Paxton is dirty? NO FUCKING WAY!

Gil Bang

And the weirdest part is he was lactose intolerant when he was involved with it (perfect alibi like why would a vegan cross-fitter go into a Golden Corral even with a badge and a gun).   But only weeks after the murders, he drank some heavy creamer leading to the retinal detachment we know and fear today.  And that friends, is why the cartels to this day cut their product with powdered milk.  

Edited by YGIFS

4 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

Yep, I heard Paxton is tied into the yogurt shop murders too.  You know why they haven't been solved?  Because the AG doesn't want them solved.

That is one helluva rabbit hole to go down.  Like "holy fucking shit" rabbit hole. Alice tripping on acid and going down the rabbit hole kind of rabbit hole.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

goodamn, does any other group blame others for their own shittiness more than conservatives? ffs. IT'S YOU! YOU'RE THE FUCKING PROBLEM! Quit blaming others for your bullshit

goddamn, does any other group blame others for their own shittiness more than conservatives? ffs. IT'S YOU! YOU'RE THE FUCKING PROBLEM! Quit blaming others for your bullshit

you can say that again

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

That is one helluva rabbit hole to go down.  Like "holy fucking shit" rabbit hole. Alice tripping on acid and going down the rabbit hole kind of rabbit hole.

I'll go one further.  If you look carefully Ken has a slight similarity to Biker Fox. Coincidence?

• Hook 'Em 1

Season 7 Oops GIF by Workaholics

https://www.kxan.com/news/texas-politics/ahead-of-paxton-impeachment-trial-house-dumps-4000-pages-of-evidence-and-new-allegations/

Since the beginning of discussions around impeachment, suspended Attorney General Ken Paxton and his lawyers have decried the effort as a “political witch hunt,” and said there is no evidence to support the allegations against the Republican. But late Thursday night, the House impeachment managers released nearly 4,000 pages of exhibits after teasing for months that “damning” evidence to back their case for removal from office.

Managers on Wednesday began to release new evidence, after publicizing allegations they said show Paxton went to great lengths to conceal his relationship with Nate Paul — an Austin real estate investor at the center of Paxton’s corruption allegations — even though top officials in the Office of Attorney General had warned Paxton numerous times that Paul was a “crook.”

In one interview from the exhibits, a former deputy attorney general said Paxton was “literally obsessed” with helping Paul, while “tying up resources of the most senior people in the agency during a pandemic where there was substantive, real issues going on.” That staffer was also among the whistleblowers, which consisted of top executive staff who first accused Paxton of corruption and abuse of office.

The Senate posted the House managers’ new exhibit records to the court of impeachment website, which manages motions and documents related to the trial. The House’s records were dated for Tuesday, the deadline for pretrial motion responses, but not made public until Thursday evening.

The documents also claim Paxton used his office’s public information powers to help Paul access a sealed FBI search warrant for Paul’s properties.

Former trial lawyer Mike Golden — who also serves as Directory of Advocacy at the University of Texas School of Law — said based on the new exhibits, House managers and prosecutors might have a compelling case.

“Given that the attorney general’s office is the state agency that is responsible for enforcing our state’s open records laws, for the head of that agency to take deliberate steps — assuming that that it’s true, right, assuming the allegations are true — to take deliberate steps to avoid the scrutiny of the public records law that his office is designed to enforce, seems to be a particularly egregious use of his resources,” Golden said.

The new exhibits offer previously unknown information about Paxton’s relationship with Paul — giving senators much more information about the case to consider just weeks before the trial will start on Sept 5.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

1991 - yogurt shop murders?

2004 - no criminal prosecution of Listeater?

2008 - Who burned down the Texas governor’s mansion?

2010 - OU transgender cheerleader grooming the sidelines in Dallas

2015 - Texas v Ok State referee travesty?

Where was Paxton?  . . . . connect the dots!   Wake up Sheeple!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So having to travel back and forth from Dallas to Austin a lot lately. 1 billboard last week said basically Joe Biden is leading the campaign against Paxton. 
Today I saw a new one that said liberal Democrats are trying to prosecute Paxton.

This has to be a grift right? I mean maybe a Paxton PAC is doing it and managing partner and ken are splitting the money? Even in this simulation there cannot be anyone that ill informed. 

Maybe I have too much trust in humanity.  :cat saying I need a new grift meme:

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Shaddie said:

So having to travel back and forth from Dallas to Austin a lot lately. 1 billboard last week said basically Joe Biden is leading the campaign against Paxton. 
Today I saw a new one that said liberal Democrats are trying to prosecute Paxton.

This has to be a grift right? I mean maybe a Paxton PAC is doing it and managing partner and ken are splitting the money? Even in this simulation there cannot be anyone that ill informed. 

brian-cox-laughing-at-you.gif

• Like 4
  • Drool 1

55 minutes ago, Shaddie said:

Can you imagine how great it must feel to spout the dumbest, most insincere, fraudulent bullshit day after day, year after year and know that your brand of mouth breathers will eat it up without spending one second of critical thought on the nonsense you're spewing. 

Must be how Billy Liucci feels.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, Shaddie said:

Several billboards on I10 (hou to sa), pro ken Paxton 

I did not know that biden’s lawyers were going after Paxton. Poor Paxton, biden’s lawyers shoving his penis in some whore’s cooch, again and again, multiple times 

Edited by tx 3 putt

On 6/5/2023 at 8:56 AM, Bozo_Casanova said:

The rumor I'm hearing is that there will be no trial. Very disappointing if true. 

On 6/5/2023 at 10:45 AM, wreckatx said:

The only way this is true is if Paxton is resigning.

On 6/5/2023 at 12:38 PM, Bozo_Casanova said:

but either way, these two things are both true:
1) Paxton in office is a huge liability for his partners in government in ways that have nothing to do with winning elections 
2) Convicting Paxton creates huge political headaches for Abbott and Dan Patrick, not to mentions the Senators themselves.

So... as I was saying

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

On 8/26/2023 at 5:28 PM, Bozo_Casanova said:

So... as I was saying

As you were saying...what?  

I still think there will be a trial unless he resigns and maybe even then they still have one. Only other thing that I think would delay or prevent the trial would be if he were indicted by the feds.  That would give Patrick cover to postpone the trial while the federal case progresses and leave Paxton suspended.

1 hour ago, wreckatx said:

As you were saying...what?  

I still think there will be a trial unless he resigns and maybe even then they still have one. Only other thing that I think would delay or prevent the trial would be if he were indicted by the feds.  That would give Patrick cover to postpone the trial while the federal case progresses and leave Paxton suspended.

As I was saying - what I was hearing at that time was that a trial would be avoided because he would be pressured to resign using the information that's been gathered about his use (or management, as it were) of the AGs office. My understanding is that the pressure is on.  

Ken Paxton is facing a lot, at all levels  - state, federal, civil, criminal, and other less formal vectors. We don't know how Ken Paxton makes decisions, and he may believe that holding his office is the only way he avoids the worst, whatever that is to him. But in and of itself being forced out of office in disgrace is the least of his problems. It's possible that if he resigns he may have a softer landing than he would otherwise. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

3 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Ken Paxton is facing a lot, at all levels  - state, federal, civil, criminal, and other less formal vectors. We don't know how Ken Paxton makes decisions, and he may believe that holding his office is the only way he avoids the worst, whatever that is to him. But in and of itself being forced out of office in disgrace is the least of his problems. It's possible that if he resigns he may have a softer landing than he would otherwise. 

Resignation would be a good path for him.  It would free him up to start gearing up for his campaign for POTUS 2028, and/or to be Trump's VP pick in 2024.

Y'all think I'm being Ledge Brisket.  What y'all fail to realize is that we live in a timeline where "Ledge Brisket" and "Moderate and Reasonable Analysis Brisket" are the same fucking guy.

Paxton for POTUS/VP, sooner rather than later!

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

As I was saying - what I was hearing at that time was that a trial would be avoided because he would be pressured to resign using the information that's been gathered about his use (or management, as it were) of the AGs office. My understanding is that the pressure is on.  

They are bringing in Nate Paul and Paxton's mistress to testify.

Nervous Gordon Ramsey GIF by BBC

https://www.kxan.com/news/texas-politics/former-state-bar-leaders-call-for-disbarring-ag-paxton/

A group of fourteen attorneys filed a complaint with the State Bar of Texas Monday, asking the legal regulatory body to investigate the criminal allegations facing suspended Attorney General Ken Paxton and seeking possible disbarment.

“Paxton’s conduct is so egregious that the State Bar has no real option other than moving forward with the inquiry into disbarring Paxton. His conduct is shameful, illegal, and unethical,” complainant attorney Jim Harrington said. “No attorney in the State of Texas should be allowed to practice law with a record of this kind of nefarious conduct. The Texas House of Representatives decided that the information was serious enough to remove Paxton from office. The State Bar is duty-bound to investigate and take appropriate action, which we would consider to be disbarment.”

The attorneys filing the complaint Monday, including three former presidents of the State Bar, argue Paxton ought to be prevented from practicing law entirely, regardless of the outcome in the legislature.

The complaint cites the Texas Rules of Professional Conduct, which defines standards for licensed lawyers in the state.

“Lawyers holding public office assume legal responsibilities going beyond those of other citizens,” the TRPC states in Rule 8.04, Comment 4. “A lawyer’s abuse of public office can suggest an inability to fulfill the professional role of attorney.”

Paxton’s camp rejected the grievance as “baseless” and “not surprising.”

“Meritless complaints like these will have no impact on his commitment to defend the rule of law and our constitutional rights,” Paxton attorney Chris Hilton said.

The Attorney General of Texas does not need to be a licensed attorney by law. However, Paxton would need to delegate certain responsibilities of the office to licensed attorneys in his office should he be disbarred.

It is not yet clear whether the State Bar will pursue an investigation of Paxton’s impeachment charges. Nexstar has contacted the Bar for confirmation.

Christians have mixed feelings about Paxton's personal failings:

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/politics/texas/article/paxton-impeachment-affair-christians-18334293.php

free: https://archive.li/ozIDG

tldr: Some Christians see Paxton's infidelities as evidence that he shouldn't be trusted. Others have problems with it but they believe that he's repenting for his sins. Finally others are just shrugging like this hypocrite:

At this point, Welch [Dave Welch, founder and executive director of the Texas Pastor Council] said, Paxton’s alleged affair is a “non-issue.”

“We have an expectation for our elected officials to behave morally and legally,” Welch said. “Unfortunately, that standard has been breached so many countless times, it's, unfortunately, almost irrelevant these days, which is tragic.”

regardless I bet >95% of them will ultimately support Paxton in terms of voting for him in future elections.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

22 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Christians have mixed feelings about Paxton's personal failings:

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/politics/texas/article/paxton-impeachment-affair-christians-18334293.php

free: https://archive.li/ozIDG

tldr: Some Christians see Paxton's infidelities as evidence that he shouldn't be trusted. Others have problems with it but they believe that he's repenting for his sins. Finally others are just shrugging like this hypocrite:

regardless I bet >95% of them will ultimately support Paxton in terms of voting for him in future elections.

It's good to know that the Texas Pastor Council sees breaking vows of marriage that were made in a church, to be a non-issue.