Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

25 minutes ago, OnAComputer said:

Max Wright was one of my favorite recruits I ever covered. Don't know why you'd call him a buffoon. He's a great dude. 

Well...

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

It never got proven, so ymmv, but it reeked of "he's a football player, shove it under the rug." 

this. Not only this, though. I also think the guy looks like a douche and has said douchey things. 

Remember that the rest of us don't work in the industry and are fans of Texas and the sport of CFB in general. As such, I find ways to dislike all kinds of opposing teams, coaches and players, and, happily, sometimes there is no rationale to it. Doesn't need to be.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, OnAComputer said:

It's funny. I found I like a lot of guys who went elsewhere and disliked a few who went to Texas. I won't say who I disliked.

This is way off-topic, but some of my favorite players I've covered as just people (that others will recognize) have been:

- Bijan Robinson (obviously. One of the only 5-stars I met who did not big time anybody and was legit genuine)

- DeMarvion Overshown (dude is funny)

- Jordan Whittington

- Caden Sterns

- Austin Stogner (was very down to earth and funny)

- Beaux Limmer (Arkansas OL)

- Leon O'Neal Jr (if he was a Longhorn, he'd have been beloved here)

- Max Wright (as a recruit. I guess he did not do well in college?)

- Calvin Avery

- Taye Barber

- Dax Hill (he and his family are gems)

- Owen Pappoe

- De'Gabriel Floyd

- Bryce Foster and Hayden Conner (it feels weird, but I was introduced to them when they were in 8th grade by the Katy football coach). Both of these dudes were goofy and fun.

There are definitely a few more I've forgotten, but there are quite a few dudes on OU and A&M who I really liked. I personally found guys who are down-to-earth, funny, and joke about themselves to be one's I enjoyed getting to know. Settled me down when I would flip the switch to fan mode.

Anyways... Fuck the aggies

🥴

quite the track record…

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Looch

F31DWoZW0AAEuy9?format=webp&name=mediumF31DWyxWUAAjKgJ?format=webp&name=smallF31DXErWcAE3DZW?format=webp&name=mediumF31DXMnXkAAf_ib?format=webp&name=small

Man, the logic in this one is wonderful. 

"Sure, some people will say he hadn't played in a few seasons."
"Are you implying he DID play the last few seasons?"
"Well, no, he didn't, but that was his CHOICE."
"So he still hadn't played in 2 years and it's reasonable to think he was rusty?"
"DURRRRR BUT IT WAS HIS CHOICE"

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

19 minutes ago, OnAComputer said:

It's funny. I found I like a lot of guys who went elsewhere and disliked a few who went to Texas. I won't say who I disliked.

This is way off-topic, but some of my favorite players I've covered as just people (that others will recognize) have been:

- Bijan Robinson (obviously. One of the only 5-stars I met who did not big time anybody and was legit genuine)

- Jordan Whittington

- Caden Sterns

- Leon O'Neal Jr (if he was a Longhorn, he'd have been beloved here)

- Calvin Avery

- Taye Barber

- Owen Pappoe

- De'Gabriel Floyd

- Bryce Foster and Hayden Conner (it feels weird, but I was introduced to them when they were in 8th grade by the Katy football coach). Both of these dudes were goofy and fun.

There are definitely a few more I've forgotten, but there are quite a few dudes on OU and A&M who I really liked. I personally found guys who are down-to-earth, funny, and joke about themselves to be one's I enjoyed getting to know. Settled me down when I would flip the switch to fan mode.

The Rock Eye Roll GIF by WWE

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Man, the logic in this one is wonderful. 

"Sure, some people will say he hadn't played in a few seasons."
"Are you implying he DID play the last few seasons?"
"Well, no, he didn't, but that was his CHOICE."
"So he still hadn't played in 2 years and it's reasonable to think he was rusty?"
"DURRRRR BUT IT WAS HIS CHOICE"

I also love the brain dead, dishonest reflex comment of our “weak competition” even though we regularly have a stronger SOS than them and also given that we play in Tuscaloosa this year which is apparently the hardest thing in the entire history of all sports.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Is there anything more aggy than spending half of your practice report making excuses for why UT’s QB isn’t actually as good as people say after dropping a note that aggy’s 5* savior at QB can’t beat out a JAG in camp? 

the other half is spent complaining about his readers

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, OnAComputer said:

- Jordan Whittington

- Caden Sterns

- Leon O'Neal Jr (y'all won't like this, but if he was a Longhorn, he'd have been beloved here)

- Calvin Avery

- Taye Barber

- Owen Pappoe

- De'Gabriel Floyd

We had Leon O'Neal 20 years ago, and his name was Rufus Harris

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Is there anything more aggy than spending half of your practice report making excuses for why UT’s QB isn’t actually as good as people say after dropping a note that aggy’s 5* savior at QB can’t beat out a JAG in camp? 

Having butt sex with your corps buddies?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Viper said:

where are you seeing that? I thought the screenshot thread had texags mods leaning to LSU

Yeah. I alarmist responded with some version of this 3 hours ago and figured I’d wait for more info, or if he had sources. 

Im not seeing anything new. That being by said I’m guessing Aggie wins because they panic buy at the last minute. 

On 8/18/2023 at 2:00 PM, SydneyCarton said:

Damn, that's a low blow. But since I'm also an asshole:

image.png.5829e67a3ddeb7c26b80c6a2d6fa23c4.png

This is the first time I have noticed that he is wearing his ag ring in the water at a fucking waterpark. I am sure he regailed them with the lore and allowed them all to rub it.

2 hours ago, Vertigo said:

This is the first time I have noticed that he is wearing his ag ring in the water at a fucking waterpark. I am sure he regailed them with the lore and allowed them all to rub it.

He wanted them to all know that he too got a very average education at a technical school. A&M is a world renowned institution for learning how to make chickens fuck. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 8/18/2023 at 3:00 PM, SydneyCarton said:

Damn, that's a low blow. But since I'm also an asshole:

image.png.5829e67a3ddeb7c26b80c6a2d6fa23c4.png

i'll be the one to ask, because i've always been curious...why is he wearing a tshirt? is he a "wears tshirt in the pool at all times" guy? it would make sense.

Edited by NoName

9 minutes ago, NoName said:

i'll be the one to ask, because i've always been curious...why is he wearing a tshirt? is he a "wears tshirt in the pool at all times" guy? it would make sense.

Perhaps he thought the presence of the T shirt would make the whole “I’m a grown adult at a water park with adolescents” not seem quite as creepy. 

18 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

image.png.851ead1bb4860ae3ecfc35f6d4b1d229.png

"long-term future of the program"

the guy is a true sophomore this season. if he plays well this year and next year he has at best like 26 games in him unless he pulls a Matt Leinart and comes back when everyone says he would be a top 5 pick in the draft, which nobody has really done since.

so no - 2 seasons isn't "long term", you buffoon (Looch, not you). it's 22% of the remaining years on Jimbo's long term contract though lol

also if he's the long term answer, then why are they still not giving him the job assuming the two QBs are anywhere close to equal?

10 minutes ago, NoName said:

"long-term future of the program"

the guy is a true sophomore this season. if he plays well this year and next year he has at best like 26 games in him unless he pulls a Matt Leinart and comes back when everyone says he would be a top 5 pick in the draft, which nobody has really done since.

so no - 2 seasons isn't "long term", you buffoon (Looch, not you). it's 22% of the remaining years on Jimbo's long term contract though lol

also if he's the long term answer, then why are they still not giving him the job assuming the two QBs are anywhere close to equal?

Also, better hope he doesn't catch the "flu" again.  Could easily take him out of 10% of his time at aggy with each "flu". 

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

LSU fans are delusional because they have problems at DB. South Carolina fans are delusional too because Shane Beamer's dad was a good coach. And Arkansas? Their fans are sticking their heads in the sand as well.

But A&M? Nah, A&M is going from 5-7 to 10-2 because.... reasons.

He did clearly state 9-3 during the season and then a bowl win to take them to 10-3. 

He clearly stated that he would be happy with that improvement. 

If they go 8-4 (4-4 in the SEC), then he can say that he was only 1 off. 

Their DL may be in their opponents’ backfields as handoffs are being made against 8 of the teams on their schedule which will mask their issues at LB & DB.

They have a history of winning a game or two that it looks like they are going to fuck up. Last year was the first truly joyful year of pure failure in a while and they still beat LSU and almost beat Alabama in Tuscaloosa.