Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

11 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

The meltdowns would be insane. 

From that article:

2:15 ET: 

Looks like Texas is the program to watch during the Early Signing Period for Longview (Texas) Pine Tree Top247 defensive lineman Dealyn Evans.

247Sports National Analyst Mike Roach said he was hearing rumblings about the Longhorns and Evans so I reached out to the blue-chipper who is tabbed by 247Sports as the nation’s No. 10 defensive lineman and No. 44 prospect overall.

“We gone a see,” Evans answered when asked if he could sign with the Longhorns during this three-day Early Signing Period.

“It’s my dream school. Been liking them ever since I was real young. Four-years old.

I like Bo (Davis), I like Sark, but BG (Blake Gideon) he always kept it real with from the jump.

“If I don’t sign today I’m going to take my OV there.”

Evans said there is a “small” chance he could also sign with the Aggies. But this one looks to be trending towards Texas late in the process.

“If I don’t sign by like five, I probably won’t sign today,” Evans added

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, USMCHorn said:

From that article:

2:15 ET: 

Looks like Texas is the program to watch during the Early Signing Period for Longview (Texas) Pine Tree Top247 defensive lineman Dealyn Evans.

247Sports National Analyst Mike Roach said he was hearing rumblings about the Longhorns and Evans so I reached out to the blue-chipper who is tabbed by 247Sports as the nation’s No. 10 defensive lineman and No. 44 prospect overall.

“We gone a see,” Evans answered when asked if he could sign with the Longhorns during this three-day Early Signing Period.

“It’s my dream school. Been liking them ever since I was real young. Four-years old.

I like Bo (Davis), I like Sark, but BG (Blake Gideon) he always kept it real with from the jump.

“If I don’t sign today I’m going to take my OV there.”

Evans said there is a “small” chance he could also sign with the Aggies. But this one looks to be trending towards Texas late in the process.

“If I don’t sign by like five, I probably won’t sign today,” Evans added

HE GONE!

maybe

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Yeah, this is grim. And terrific. 

They're going to have to take all kinds of bread in both the portal and, maybe?, the second signing period in order to fill holes on the depth chart. I cannot believe they don't have assistants. I cannot believe they are short on funds. I cannot that Melko is this weak at recruiting. I know "it's aggie" and such, but holy shit. 

The other thing about their roster and class is that Liucci and his cronies, as well as the 247 guys, continue to warn that more guys might defect after the bowl game when Robinson leaves. This keeps getting better and better.

Sark seems to be going for a kill shot here on A&M with this latest Dealyn Evans stuff and the potential TyAnthony flip. 

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Sark seems to be going for a kill shot here on A&M with this latest Dealyn Evans stuff and the potential TyAnthony flip. 

Add Bussey and McKinley to this list as well but those will play out longer (and they prob both go LSU)

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Yeah, this is grim. And terrific. 

They're going to have to take all kinds of bread in both the portal and, maybe?, the second signing period in order to fill holes on the depth chart. I cannot believe they don't have assistants. I cannot believe they are short on funds. I cannot that Melko is this weak at recruiting. I know "it's aggie" and such, but holy shit. 

The other thing about their roster and class is that Liucci and his cronies, as well as the 247 guys, continue to warn that more guys might defect after the bowl game when Robinson leaves. This keeps getting better and better.

Dave Chappelle Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, Vermin said:

Only 2 instate players signed with aggy today. Out of 30 million people, only 2 of them are dumber than dirt. There is hope for this nation.

Could still be 3. Simmons is saying A&M is making a late run at DJ Lagway.

Florida's class is such a disaster right now. Hard to put into words how badly they've collapsed.

4 hours ago, Yesh said:

Texags is only showing 6 guys have signed as of now (Funk, Pride, M Davis, O'Neill, Karner, Kendall Jackson).  Is everyone else trying to find a better option or waiting until February?  Ha

You may be correct.  Only one of their 5 top 300 commits have signed and that is Ahfua sitting at #228 as their current #1. 

4 hours ago, texifornia said:

Huge NSD news

Is this the genius who flipped from Stanford at the last minute?

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Reading Texags and 247 and watching the aggie masses respond, and having some knowledge about things going on behind the scenes, it's crazy to me that Orwell was writing as much about the future of the aggie state of being as he was the Soviet Stalinest Era when he penned Animal Farm. That dude saw the future.

How do you write aggies so well?

63a5bc32-026d-47b9-ba03-b499360e1693_tex

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

12 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

There is nothing in Elko's past that suggests he's anywhere close to the recruiter that Jimbo was. That's just pure fantasy. 

The even bigger problem with Brauny's wishcasting is that the Fisher transition class he's referencing was the very first early signing period. IIRC, it had not yet turned into the clearly main signing period at that time so there were lots more recruits available for the February signing period.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

The even bigger problem with Brauny's wishcasting is that the Fisher transition class he's referencing was the very first early signing period. IIRC, it had not yet turned into the clearly main signing period at that time so there were lots more recruits available for the February signing period.

While this is true, Brauny would get run out of town if he even hinted at the possibility.

44 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I cannot believe they don't have assistants. I cannot believe they are short on funds. I cannot that Melko is this weak at recruiting. I know "it's aggie" and such, but holy shit. 

the coach stuff is coaching malpractice, absolutely and completely. Elko has been hired there for almost a full month! they have no officially hired coaches for 2024 per their own website.

the OC they reportedly hired away from KSU? completely radio silent. no updates. still listed on the KSU coaching list.

the OL coach they reportedly are bringing over from Duke? no updates.

the RB coach they reportedly hired? coaching Duke's bowl game as the interim. also, no updates.

the CB coach they reportedly hired? doesn't even have a wikipedia page.

not filling out your staff, or at least rolling over to be clear on who is hired / recruiting / on the road for them today? unacceptable. if i am a recruit considering a flip to A&M who do i even contact at this point? just slide into Elko's DMs and hope it doesn't get lost amongst the overwhelming amount of DMs he's been sending to third tier fast food chains?

as of NSD1 these are the Texas A&M employed football coaches:

image.png.3e66de79a9fcbf172e19868713c2afc2.png

KSU still has Klein listed

image.png.80717e86452658ae3ab50984ebbbdc42.png

edit: if you want to compare new coaches here are a bunch of coaches who were newly hired and where their staffs stand/the clarity around them.  they are the singular outliers from every school i could think of to look at off the top of my head. it's absolutely coaching and leadership malpractice to have 2 coaches listed and no clarity on their website. they won't do shit about it, but just want to take every single opportunity to point out how incompetent they are and how poorly they have handled this transition process from firing the last coach, to picking a new coach, to the new coach hiring staff, to the pickle they are in with their interim coach...all of it.

Syracuse

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.dc34fd9b13bbd8ab6fac806b7eecec09.png

Michigan State:

Spoiler

image.png.8fbebf4400b46345a173236d8eaed2fb.png

Mississippi State

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.04a2a1a93743a8e2e8d8db9bd3ae22e6.png

Indiana:

Spoiler

image.png.c024720605edec58b45ee137ba83ab0b.png

UTEP:

Spoiler

image.png.432567722d6fbfff21754a24fe46c518.png

Boise:

Spoiler

image.png.8c36dbbc75fbbc855134f551cc3f277f.png

New Mexico:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.081f27fc2e6d5dc6661b6a1a26a8baab.png

Oregon State:

Spoiler

image.png.80c883c3292f028db25a95e5f00e6e53.png

Troy:

Spoiler

image.png.9074ff95965fb0c7a89531d7f9915ba3.png

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

To follow up on my other post, in 2017 about 75% of FBS NLIs were signed in the early period. Went to 80% in 2018 and 85% already in 2019. Couldn't find anything on where it is since but at least I didn't completely make up that trend. Comparing Fisher's transition early signing period to Elko's is some grade A copium.

Edited by Huckleberry

13 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Texas A&M has been a slow motion train wreck from the moment the ink was dry on the best recruiting class in history. Even for them, this is as an impressive of an implosion of a football program as you could ever imagine.

I am going to have to disagree while they pretty much had their recruiting class solidified around that summer the collapse clearly started before the ink was dry.

Fall 2020 in an asterisk season they almost made the CFP.

Summer 2021 Aggies on pace for a monster class that had this site spooked.

Summer 2021 Texas joins the SEC <- Start of train wreck

Fall 2021 Joke of a season with 4 losses (but had that Bama win) 

Winter 2021/2022 Sign the #1 class

Spring 2022 Jimbo had the spat with Saban

Summer 2022 weak class was forming

Fall 2022 Losing season, 6? game losing streak, App st.

Winter 2022/2023 Weak class signed, Lost Ant Hill. bright spots was E-Rob DL recruiting and Owens flipping and covering up his Louisville tat 

Summer 2023 stronger class than last year

Fall 2023 Weak season with multiple loses Jimbo fired

Fall 2023 Joke of a HC search, Stoops hired, fired, Elko hired

Fall 2023 E-Rob goes to Syracuse and decides to take the players with him

Winter 2023/2024 weakest class I can remember from them.

• Like 1