Dedicated Stranger Things Series Thread

Baboontyme

2 hours ago, Fletch said:

Yeah...I loved this season. Great bounce back from the season 2 fan service we got(that I enjoyed but not as much as season 1). But that part pissed me off. Like, what the fuck. “Oh Steve, I was so obsessed with you in high school! You were such a hot shot that everyone wanted to be with!” Setting Steve up who probably hasn’t gotten laid in forever. Then she’s all “haha jk! I’m a lesbian!” I mean, come on Duffer dudes. Did you really have to throw in some LGBTQ shit in there? Let Steve get his weasel greased for Christ sakes 

Part of her coming out to him was the truth serum, i reckon. Coming out in 85 took a lot more guts than today, especially in or right around high school

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

Part of her coming out to him was the truth serum, i reckon. Coming out in 85 took a lot more guts than today, especially in or right around high school

Yeah I get that. Still found it kind of annoying though. Minor complaint on an otherwise great season 

If the Thurman ladies have proven anything, it's that they are quite susceptible to admitting the truth under the influence of sodium pentathol or other proprietary spinoffs of the drug.  

On 7/7/2019 at 7:05 PM, longhornmatt said:

I also think Season 4 seems like it probably needs a big bad human antagonist, since the last two seasons haven’t really had that.

I’m good with that.  Need a break from the Mind Flayer.  Got to kill him in the final season though to end it once and for all right?  No way he’s dead for sure.

Really solid season.

It’s funny the least interesting characters are now the four main boys. It’d be cool to kill them off and leave the older kids, El, and Max to save the day. I’d love to see Dustin disemboweled. Hate that fucking kid. The only one of the main four I liked this season was Lucas. I hated his sister. The smart ass younger sister trope is over played but was a mainstay of the 80s so maybe that was the point. Robin is great. She sounds just like her mom.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, drewcifer said:

Was gonna say... since it ended with Steve and Robin getting jobs there... you gotta think it plays into S4 in some way.

Basically the mind flayer will be locked in a VHS of a Japanese Godzilla movie but only is at half strength because the copy is scratched to hell. Once Steve puts it in one of those scratch spin things, it enters Steve in a new twist-through his back side. Dun dun dunnnn

• Like 1

Not sure if this has been hashed over...some lazy writing is how the monster sees the kids in the woods about by the cabin 100 yards away and they have what seems like forever to put barriers all around the cabin.

Also Billy just sitting in his car revving his engine? Lol thought that was weird. Shouldve made him go for it the first time he spotted them after disabling their car

A repeated nitpick I've read is about the size of the Hawkins newspaper staff, and it doesn't seem like a big deal to me. I covered Temple HS sports as a stringer for the Temple Daily Telegram in HS (93-95) and at the time they had a sports staff of 4, I think it was, with dedicated beats for city gov, county gov, education, police, and arts, plus a half dozen more editors... so at least 15 people (plus two f/t photogs) for a paper with a circulation of ~20K, in a city of about 50K. I assume Hawkins was a similar size, maybe a little smaller, and it looked like they only had 6-8 people on staff, plus the two interns. Doesn't seem like much of a stretch to me.

On 7/10/2019 at 8:40 AM, utee94 said:

Finished last night, I thought S3 was definitely better than S2 and almost as good as S1.  

Yup, they showed the cleanroom-suit rooskies getting incinerated, but not Hopper.  He just disappeared.  He'll be back.

yeah, this is my thinking as well. he's either in the upside-down, or the russians nabbed him. they never showed him liquefying like the russians in the suits. 

plenty of evidence for either, because when the US cavalry arrives and invades the facility, all those soviets wer gone with a quickness. also, when joyce concentrated on turning the keys, he could have bolted for the upside down. either way, i think hopper's back.

also, i loved how the demogorgon was evolved to ALMOST human. do we think the soviets are feeding it humans so it can morph into a human shape?

Edited by hayden_horn
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, drewcifer said:

A repeated nitpick I've read is about the size of the Hawkins newspaper staff, and it doesn't seem like a big deal to me. I covered Temple HS sports as a stringer for the Temple Daily Telegram in HS (93-95) and at the time they had a sports staff of 4, I think it was, with dedicated beats for city gov, county gov, education, police, and arts, plus a half dozen more editors... so at least 15 people (plus two f/t photogs) for a paper with a circulation of ~20K, in a city of about 50K. I assume Hawkins was a similar size, maybe a little smaller, and it looked like they only had 6-8 people on staff, plus the two interns. Doesn't seem like much of a stretch to me.

this is what you think about?

5 hours ago, drewcifer said:

it’s probably just fucking useless, dipshit kids raised on ipads and hulu who don’t understand that even small newspapers required a full staff to operate back when things were real and men were men.  

Some really bad takes on this thread. Especially the whole "this isn't believable because of .... "  Wow. Some of you really don't get this show. 

I thought this was the best season yet, and the finale was the best ep of the whole series. I don't think Hop is dead or else we would've actually seen him go. Probably jumped through Sauron's eye at the last second. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, futureman said:

one does not simply jump into the upside down. 

Barb didn't jump, so much as she dove in.  

#Barbfordiveteamcaptain