Abbott being Abbott

Mo Horn

2 hours ago, Gap03 said:

I'd take Lina Hidalgo in a second, but not sure that she could pull this off at this point.

damn, i hadn't thought about her as a statewide candidate, but goddamn if i don't think you're onto something. 

please no more beto or wendy. please.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

The only "good" thing about Abbott being up in a different year than Cruz is that whoever shitty candidate the Dems run for governor (at this time, that's all they have) is unlikely to drag down the Senate candidate against Cruz like Lupe did to Beto.  

The 2024 Dem running against Cruz gets the added benefit of presidential turnout. 

Edited by Js1

3 hours ago, Gap03 said:

I'd take Lina Hidalgo in a second, but not sure that she could pull this off at this point.

I heard a rumor from a guy that lives in Preston Hollow that Clay Jenkins is thinking of running. No idea how plugged in the guy is, but he said it a couple times. 

8 hours ago, Js1 said:

The only "good" thing about Abbott being up in a different year than Cruz is that whoever shitty candidate the Dems run for governor (at this time, that's all they have) is unlikely to drag down the Senate candidate against Cruz like Lupe did to Beto.  

The 2024 Dem running against Cruz gets the added benefit of presidential turnout. 

I wish Dallas County Commissioner, Clay Jenkins had better name recognition across the state.

7 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Clay is a good-sounding Texas name.

He went to Baylor so must be a Baptist.

The Democrat part would confuse the fuck out of a lot of people.

He’s smart and decent, and probably unelectable to statewide office in Texas.

• Haha 1

Enough of these Republican clowns. They’re not liked by the people who vote for them? How in the world could Jenkins not be an upgrade?

Clay is a sleazy ambulance chaser with zero integrity as a lawyer. In my my opinion.

He has made some good calls as county judge but he is not what I would want as a governor. I would take Beto all day over him ignoring electability.
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, DDD Dad said:

Clay is a sleazy ambulance chaser with zero integrity as a lawyer. In my my opinion.

He has made some good calls as county judge but he is not what I would want as a governor. I would take Beto all day over him ignoring electability.

Is he a sleazier lawyer than the one currently occupying the governor’s mansion?

Is he a sleazier lawyer than the one currently occupying the governor’s mansion?

If you’re asking me whether I’d vote for him over pretty much anyone the current Republicans put up the answer is clearly yes.

If you’re asking who of the Democrats I would like to see be governor then I’d say he is not in the top 5.

And yes to answer your specific question (with regard to their private practice and non- political legal careers).
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, DDD Dad said:

If you’re asking me whether I’d vote for him over pretty much anyone the current Republicans put up the answer is clearly yes.

If you’re asking who of the Democrats I would like to see be governor then I’d say he is not in the top 5.

And yes to answer your specific question (with regard to their private practice and non- political legal careers).

So, he would be an upgrade. I get you don’t think much of him, but I, along with a growing number of people are impressed with his managerial style, his command of the issues affecting his constituents and his leadership abilities. 
That’s what matters most to me. 

• Hook 'Em 1

So, he would be an upgrade. I get you don’t think much of him, but I, along with a growing number of people are impressed with his managerial style, his command of the issues affecting his constituents and his leadership abilities. 
That’s what matters most to me. 

I have an opinion on what he really is versus how he portrays himself to be.

I fear he would essentially be equally or more corrupt than Abbott but with a different flavor.

I would much prefer the party elevate someone else but I agree he is an upgrade for the residents of Texas regardless of whatever grift he might bring.

6 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

I fear he would essentially be equally or more corrupt than Abbott but with a different flavor.

I would much prefer the party elevate someone else but I agree he is an upgrade for the residents of Texas regardless of whatever grift he might bring.

He wouldn’t be the first governor (or politician for that matter) to have a private face and a public face. I would welcome the opportunity to judge his effectiveness as governor.

11 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

I would personally welcome a different flavor of corruptness at this point.

Clay is a good-sounding Texas name.
He went to Baylor so must be a Baptist.
The Democrat part would confuse the fuck out of a lot of people.
Can someone get him into wing shooting if he is not already?

We need a shaggy dem candidate dove and quail lease. I have a great photographer that will work for free.

Beto would lose, he needs to run other shit.

Thanks for that

Can someone explain to me why the asshole who assaulted a teacher ripping off their mask has not been arrested for assault? 
I don't know, but my first guess is they are white, then I would guess male or married, then affluent. I'd be surprised if it was a Nation of Islam black panther rolling with an AK. But who knows; no racism in the USA

But privilege is a myth...

2 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

I don't know, but my first guess is they are white, then I would guess male or married, then affluent. I'd be surprised if it was a Nation of Islam black panther rolling with an AK. But who knows; no racism in the USA

But privilege is a myth...

It was almost certainly a white Karen and that bitch needs to have her mugshot plastered all over the net. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Born to Run said:
8 hours ago, Beau Vine said:
I thought he went to Baylor?

I know a few Baylor grads, some are pretty smart, some are decent humans. I don't know any that are both if I'm honest. Good folks but dumb, or smart shitheads who fuck people regardless of consent.

you Are hard pressed to find a Baylor grad that’s both, I agree 

If you have a Baylor grad in your circle, it’s usually family 

nice stadium though 

Edited by tx 3 putt

7 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Can someone explain to me why the asshole who assaulted a teacher ripping off their mask has not been arrested for assault? 

According to the West Lake PD Facebook page nobody has come forward to press charges. Weird post   First sentence states it happened and then they go out of their way to say nobody reported it.  Maybe it happened at Cedar Creek, Barton Creek or Bridgepoint since those are outside the West Lake City Limits  

UPDATE. On August 16th, a parent at a local elementary school physically removed a mask from a teacher during a school event. However, no 911 calls were received from anyone on the scene to report this incident when it happened, possibly due to the teacher not wanting to file charges at the time. We did not receive a call to the location, no report was made, and nobody has followed up with the West Lake Hills Police Department regarding the incident. If the teacher changes their mind and reaches out to us, we will investigate.
Edited by ftf82

7 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

It was almost certainly a white Karen and that bitch needs to have her mugshot plastered all over the net. 

Friend's wife is a teacher in EISD and was supposedly there when it happened. It was a white Karen from a family that throws a lot of money around in the district. 

11 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Friend's wife is a teacher in EISD and was supposedly there when it happened. It was a white Karen from a family that throws a lot of money around in the district. 

There is definitely a type. I've had a few run-ins over the years from serving on school committees. It's an interesting dynamic to watch in the best of times, but to say it didn't surprise me is well.....

Couple who held guns on Black Lives Matter protestors sued ...

1 hour ago, ftf82 said:

According to the West Lake PD Facebook page nobody has come forward to press charges. Weird post   First sentence states it happened and then they go out of their way to say nobody reported it.  Maybe it happened at Cedar Creek, Barton Creek or Bridgepoint since those are outside the West Lake City Limits 

The lack of any consequences only emboldens this piece of shit human being and those who applaud his behavior.  And we could dox him and blast his sorry ass all over the internet, and without any charges he'll just wear that as a badge of honor. 

I think that more than any event in my lifetime, the COVID pandemic has identified and brought out the the absolute worst and lowest common denominator in our country.  Happy for others to debate me on that.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

The school district has no doubt asked the teacher to not file charges and has either threatened his/her employment or “made it worth their while” to not contact authorities and/or press charges.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

The lack of any consequences only emboldens this piece of shit human being and those who applaud his behavior.  And we could dox him and blast his sorry ass all over the internet, and without any charges he'll just wear that as a badge of honor. 

I think that more than any event in my lifetime, the COVID pandemic has identified and brought out the the absolute worst and lowest common denominator in our country.  Happy for others to debate me on that.

A whole lot of this.  The district is too chickenshit to press charges.  Cool, cool.  Society needs to do the job for them, I guess.  Put his name out there and let the world do its work.

Fucking around.  Finding out.  As the world turns.

• Hook 'Em 3

At this point I would be fine with nobody in any position of authority doing a thing to stop these people from acting like monsters, if the same people in positions of authority looked the other way when regular people enforced some fucking manners on their own. But the moment someone decent steps in and punches some piece of shit in the face, you know they're going to jail.

2 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Pescado_Rojo - care to share the name of said Karen?  I agree with Brisket and the others - if she's not going to get a visit from Westlake PD, she needs to Find Out in other ways.

6 minutes ago, Gap03 said:

Pescado_Rojo - care to share the name of said Karen?  I agree with Brisket and the others - if she's not going to get a visit from Westlake PD, she needs to Find Out in other ways.

don't know her name. That was the extent of what he told me. "Her family throws a lot of money around the district, so nothing will happen to her"

12 hours ago, DDD Dad said:

the main question for me is:  can he beat Abbott?  i'll support whoever can actually win.  i don't think Clay has the juice.  but if he did, he'd have my vote.

this is like the 2020 POTUS election.   Biden wasn't in my top 3, but he sure as hell was the only one of the candidates who could beat Trump.  none of the others could win PA or WI or MI.

not sure who the Ds can trot out that could beat Abbott.  McConaughey is probably the only one who could.  

• Hook 'Em 1