Abbott being Abbott

Mo Horn

4 hours ago, South Austin said:

Why in the blue fuck would the University of Texas allow Governor Abbott, any fucking governor of elected official, to give a partisan interview to a partisan media outlet in the middle of its mother fucking football stadium?  Can Hartzel at least let folks know that the University does not endorse Abbott's views expressed in that interview, or even some watered-down "we take no position on these matters" message?  Am I the only one infuriated by this?

They don't have a choice.

Agggy has to be extremely uncomfortable right now that the Trumpiest Gov candidates are UT grads and one of them is holding an interview at DKR bashing Biden and being ignorant.

Abbott is burning bridges with a lot of people.  He is clearly scared shitless that his political career is in trouble, either because he's afraid he'll lose Trump's love endorsement, or because the Mogwai will hit him hard in the primary, or even worse, run MAGA in the general, or because he's afraid that he won't coast in 2024 into the primary.

Or all three.

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Abbott is burning bridges with a lot of people.  He is clearly scared shitless that his political career is in trouble, either because he's afraid he'll lose Trump's love endorsement, or because the Mogwai will hit him hard in the primary, or even worse, run MAGA in the general, or because he's afraid that he won't coast in 2024 into the primary.

Or all three.

Maybe he's just a reactionary dipshit like we all thought. The Bowlsby of governers.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Player said:

Fuck off hotwheels. And fuck you too Hartzell and whoever else was involved in allowing this bullshit to occur at DKR. 

Please don't start internet rumors about this being on Hartzell.  This was Eltife's idea, through and through.  Hartzell had no choice in the matter, it's not his stadium. 

Expect more of these going forward, by the way.

Just now, Lobo said:

Please don't start internet rumors about this being on Hartzell.  This was Eltife's idea, through and through.  Hartzell had no choice in the matter, it's not his stadium. 

Why can’t they do this shit where it’d sell - Pyle Field.  

6 minutes ago, Player said:

Fuck off hotwheels. And fuck you too Hartzell and whoever else was involved in allowing this bullshit to occur at DKR. 

Yep.  I'm no BMD, so I don't matter -- see the Liberty Institute bullshit that's coming to UT:

At least two well-known UT-Austin alumni and conservative donors, oil tycoon Bud Brigham and billionaire businessman Bob Rowling, also have been involved in the project.

....but that said, I am a hard "no" on sending a single dollar to UT as it goes full MAGA.  Nope.  We have now decided to turn our Flagship university into another SEC shithole.  So be it.  I won't be a part of it.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lobo said:

We know.

That's why I'm done with UT.  The university has chosen its path.  So be it.  I will not be going along for that ride.

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

So Randolph duke was right? 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, tigol said:

So the Lincoln project can’t run their ad during our game because “it’s political” but the governor can give an interview with Breitbart on the 50 yard line?

Seems legit.

It's consistent.  It's football on two levels catering to money and political pressure from the right.

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Yep.  I'm no BMD, so I don't matter -- see the Liberty Institute bullshit that's coming to UT:

....but that said, I am a hard "no" on sending a single dollar to UT as it goes full MAGA.  Nope.  We have now decided to turn our Flagship university into another SEC shithole.  So be it.  I won't be a part of it.

The Office Thank You GIF

UT is becoming everything that aggy and everybody else who hates us, claimed we are.

We know.
That's why I'm done with UT.  The university has chosen its path.  So be it.  I will not be going along for that ride.

Could Lobo have them stop sending me two emails a day begging for money. Fuck you; you're not getting any pilot to part with money assholes.

Because I follow a lot of Beto accounts, I occasionally get Texas specific information in my feed.

This is a great thread that spells out what the fat cats are donating and who they are and the vast discrepancy between R fundraising and D fundraising.

Also, I thought this would be of interest if you don’t want to read the whole thread.

9abc547ae889bdc44a2e314e8e7b533f.jpg
1c204d80a31f52c7e16ec633aea4d58c.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Larry Flynt was, on his worst day, twice the man that Greg will ever be.  

Flynt had courage and conviction.  Greg has neither. 

I was at a function once and Hot Wheels was there.  Someone asked me if I wanted to meet him and without thinking I said out loud "No, he really doesn't stand for anything".  You would have thought I farted in a crowded room.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, mchookem said:

great. my admiration for UT and HEB destroyed in one thread. 

Yeah, but he was donating to librool Republicans, so...

To be fair, if Democrats were running the state, he'd be donating to them.  Texas businessman with Texas-based business donates to Texas politicians.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

i am starting to actively hate eltife

As am I.

Like many others I thought Randolph dukes rant against him after the OU game was totally bizarre and still do, but am now wondering if maybe there wasn’t some grain of truth in it after all.

To be fair, if Democrats were running the state, he'd be donating to them.  Texas businessman with Texas-based business donates to Texas politicians.

Yep. The minute he starts donating to fucking Huffines, though, I stop shopping at HEB/Central Market.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

4 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Not making me feel better, man!  My feels!

On 10/21/2021 at 10:27 AM, South Austin said:

Why in the blue fuck would the University of Texas allow Governor Abbott, any fucking governor of elected official, to give a partisan interview to a partisan media outlet in the middle of its mother fucking football stadium?  Can Hartzel at least let folks know that the University does not endorse Abbott's views expressed in that interview, or even some watered-down "we take no position on these matters" message?  Am I the only one infuriated by this?

The same university that pulled anti-Abbott commercials from a game on LHN.

Edited by Steamboat1874
  • Rage+1 1

23 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Because I follow a lot of Beto accounts, I occasionally get Texas specific information in my feed.

This is a great thread that spells out what the fat cats are donating and who they are and the vast discrepancy between R fundraising and D fundraising.

Also, I thought this would be of interest if you don’t want to read the whole thread.

9abc547ae889bdc44a2e314e8e7b533f.jpg
1c204d80a31f52c7e16ec633aea4d58c.jpg

Fuck HEB 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1