Abbott being Abbott

Mo Horn

3 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

This is embarrassing. It’s like watching a buddy try and “best friend” his way into getting with a girl he likes by doing everything she needs.

47 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

lol, what a beta cuck bitch our governor is

It gets worse when you read about the emails between Abbott's people.  

Patrick Crimmins, the department spokesman, said the review “is still ongoing” but declined to answer questions seeking more detail about why the website was removed or whether it had anything to do with Huffines.

But Family and Protective Services communications obtained through a public records request show that agency employees discussed removing the “Gender Identity and Sexual Orientation” page in response to Huffines’ tweet, shortly before taking it offline.

Thirteen minutes after Huffines’ video went up, media relations director Marissa Gonzales emailed a link to Crimmins, the agency’s communications director, under the subject line “Don Huffines video accusing Gov/DFPS of pushing liberal transgender agenda.”

“FYI. This is starting to blow up on Twitter,” Gonzales wrote.

Crimmins then queried Darrell Azar, DFPS’ web and creative services director, about who oversees the page. “Darrell — please note we may need to take that page down, or somehow revise content,” he wrote.

Azar said the webpage came from the department’s Preparation for Adult Living program, which provides services for older teens — typically those 16 and up — who are placed in foster care by the state.

The program has posted “content related to LGBTQ for as long as I can remember,” Azar said, but the page condemned by Huffines is “only a few years old.” He said all content on the Texas Youth Connection website was approved by Debra Emerson, a longtime employee who serves as the agency’s director of permanency, family and youth services.

In a statement, Huffines claimed credit for the Texas Youth Connection website’s removal.

“We aren’t surprised that state employees who are loyal to Greg Abbott had to scramble after we called their perverse actions out,” said Huffines, a Dallas businessman and former state senator. “I promised Texans I would get rid of that website and I kept that promise.”

• Hook 'Em 1

The troublesome thing is not just that Abbott is dancing to whatever tune Huffines is playing, it's that employees of the State of Texas are also dancing to that same tune, which means something is up that has caused Abbott to install that mentality among the leadership of certain agencies.

Why should they care about Huffines, a guy who has a few tens of thousands of twitter followers and 60 or 70,000 FB followers, and yet here we go:

Thirteen minutes after Huffines’ video went up, media relations director Marissa Gonzales emailed a link to Crimmins, the agency’s communications director, under the subject line “Don Huffines video accusing Gov/DFPS of pushing liberal transgender agenda.”

“FYI. This is starting to blow up on Twitter,” Gonzales wrote.

State of Texas employees are monitoring Huffine's tweets and acting accordingly, presumably based on what Abbott would want.

What The Fuck.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

Greg Abbott does realize the toys don't have genders, right?  

Humans do.  Toys don't.  

I guess sex dolls kinda do, is that he's talking about?  I know Dan Patrick has a number of opinions on that topic.

Then you also think that mandating something that has no gender be genderless is stupid, right?

3 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

so a religious nut job pharmacist can deny a woman her birth control pills, a baker hiding behind religious freedom can deny service to a gay couple, the state makes an underage girl get an adult parental approval for an abortion but will then make that same underage girl carry to term after 6 weeks because of course she will have the resources, life experiences and wisdom to be a good parent...

but a business cannot implement a vaccine mandate on their employees or customers?

there's a whole bunch of stupid hypocrisy at play. 

again fuck abbott and his rolling bullshit.

Limited government for thee, not for me! 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

The troublesome thing is not just that Abbott is dancing to whatever tune Huffines is playing, it's that employees of the State of Texas are also dancing to that same tune, which means something is up that has caused Abbott to install that mentality among the leadership of certain agencies.

Why should they care about Huffines, a guy who has a few tens of thousands of twitter followers and 60 or 70,000 FB followers, and yet here we go:

State of Texas employees are monitoring Huffine's tweets and acting accordingly, presumably based on what Abbott would want.

What The Fuck.

Huffines has been talking with DeSantis? I'm pretty sure that's what he has been trying to do in Florida. All employees must be loyalists or out they go.

Just now, Bama Chick said:

Yeah, women are an endangered species in Texas.

So, men can be promiscuous and lavicious but women cannot by gender enjoy sex? And being proactively responsible to not bring an unwanted pregnancy into the world by either preventative birth control or by stopping implantation of a fertilized egg is somehow incentivizing this? That's so Texas. That's so typical.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

it's like a bunch of home school christian nutjobs have totally taken over the states Rep party. 

at it's core, the agenda is women be sub-servant bitches to your men. when i was 15 and fucking stupid, i thought that was cool. now that i have strong, intelligent daughters, the more this state shits on women, the more I support their desire to move the fuck out of this state. they want no part of this state after they graduate from Texas.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

11 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

So, men can be promiscuous and lavicious but women cannot by gender enjoy sex? And being proactively responsible to not bring an unwanted pregnancy into the world by either preventative birth control or by stopping implantation of a fertilized egg is somehow incentivizing this? That's so Texas. That's so typical.

"Well, you see, that's because those women would be whores." /Texas GOP

Quiet part out loud and such ...

32 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

so a religious nut job pharmacist can deny a woman her birth control pills, a baker hiding behind religious freedom can deny service to a gay couple, the state makes an underage girl get an adult parental approval for an abortion but will then make that same underage girl carry to term after 6 weeks because of course she will have the resources, life experiences and wisdom to be a good parent...

but a business cannot implement a vaccine mandate on their employees or customers?

there's a whole bunch of stupid hypocrisy at play. 

again fuck abbott and his rolling bullshit.

"Stupid hypocrisy - that's our brand." /also Texas GOP

31 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Huffines has been talking with DeSantis? I'm pretty sure that's what he has been trying to do in Florida. All employees must be loyalists or out they go.

The fuck you say--that's cancel culture and the Republicans have repeatedly shown they abhor that kind of nonsense.  

37 minutes ago, Gap03 said:

"Well, you see, that's because those women would be whores." /Texas GOP

Quiet part out loud and such ...

"Stupid hypocrisy - that's our brand." /also Texas GOP

here's the best. the pro-life party is, get this..., against vaccines which you know, help people maintain life. you can't make this shit up.

2 hours ago, crash_davis said:

Spent a glorious weekend in Breckenridge and Denver. This is my second extended trip to Colorado this year. As I was waiting to board my flight back to Austin, I reached an epiphany. Fuck Texas. Fuck what this state has become. Fuck what the hypocritical high school GED having right is doing to this state. Fuck what the over woke asshole left is doing to Austin. Fuck pretty much most of this state for being a flat wasteland of stupidity and idiocy. Fuck UT for wanting to join the other redneck glorified junior colleges of the SEC.

Life is too short to live in Texas. I'm moving and retiring out West after my youngest graduates from UT. 

Fuck Abbott and his rolling hypocritical shit.

Right there with you, man. I'd love to relocate to Colorado once my kids are gone in five years.

15 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

But apparently pro-Regeneron, made from a line of fetal stem cells.  All this hypocrisy is giving me whiplash.

Why do people keep repeating this thing that is not true. 

Regenerons drug does not contain fetal stem cells, it was not produced using stem cells, but people keep repeating it. The fetal cell line that was used in the development process is an immortalized line of epithelial cells, most likely derived from a cells associated with a miscarriage in the 1970s. The cell line was used to express spike and to test the drug's activity against the expressed spike. 

Hypocrisy is relatively easy to find among our political class and the electorate.  No need to conjure up new hypocrisies out of whole cloth. 

Edited by Anastasis
  • Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Regenerons drug does not contain fetal stem cells, it was not produced using stem cells, but people keep repeating it. The fetal cell line that was used in the development process is an immortalized line of epithelial cells, most likely derived from a cells associated with a miscarriage in the 1970s. The cell line was used to express spike and to test the drug's activity against the expressed spike. 

Hypocrisy is relatively easy to find among our political class and the electorate.  No need to conjure up new hypocrisies out of whole cloth. 

Yes, we should all brush up on our immortalization of 1970s epithelial cells.  Thanks for the reminder.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

It doesn’t contain fetal cells but a fetal cell line from the 70s was used to develop it?

2 hours ago, crash_davis said:

Spent a glorious weekend in Breckenridge and Denver. This is my second extended trip to Colorado this year. As I was waiting to board my flight back to Austin, I reached an epiphany. Fuck Texas. Fuck what this state has become. Fuck what the hypocritical high school GED having right is doing to this state. Fuck what the over woke asshole left is doing to Austin. Fuck pretty much most of this state for being a flat wasteland of stupidity and idiocy. Fuck UT for wanting to join the other redneck glorified junior colleges of the SEC.

Life is too short to live in Texas. I'm moving and retiring out West after my youngest graduates from UT. 

Fuck Abbott and his rolling hypocritical shit.

we're about six months out from our move to Denver area and every second-guess and doubt and fear i have had (i've lived in Austin since college) gets less and less important by the day. some days, by the hour. 

so i guess in a way i should thank these monstrous cowards and morons for making my life change easier? lol

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, workswithseed said:

You're saying you should do your own research? That sounds like medical disinfo that you're okay with.

I'm supremely confident that, were I to do my own research on 1970s epithelial cells, or maybe ivermectin, or HCQ, or vaccines, my conclusions would be damn near spot on.

As opposed to yours.

1 hour ago, mchookem said:

we're about six months out from our move to Denver area and every second-guess and doubt and fear i have had (i've lived in Austin since college) gets less and less important by the day. some days, by the hour. 

so i guess in a way i should thank these monstrous cowards and morons for making my life change easier? lol

I'm about thisclose to making one of those big construction paper chains to count down the days to my retirement and move to Los Alamos.

If all y'all muhvuggs would up and leave Austin then maybe the property values would drop back to when I sat by a backyard firepit drinking Celis right off Red River resting up from the hard labor of scraping together another $250 to cover my monthly rent.

Oh, and restart the Celis Brewery before your ass rolls into the sunset.

4 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Sounds like they are trying to turn us gay.  That is the only way now to have responsible sex.