Abbott being Abbott

Mo Horn

10 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Sigh. The Ents were wise, they knew (know) the difference between 'break' and 'brake'. A tree limb breaks....

The governor should read some Tolkein when he's not attending football games or not  governing (which apparently  is a goodly portion of his day).

Treebeard would've set him straight on language and life:

Real names tell you the story of things they belong to in my language, but it takes a very long time to say anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to.

If the media team says the use of 'breaks' was intentional, then they are poor communicators....

• Like 1

Is this a long game at play? Huffines keeps enticing Abbott to do stupid shit to ward him off and then eventually points out all the stupid shit Abbott did.

I know, unfortunately it’s not but damn this is getting ridiculous. Pretty soon they will be drinking their own piss and feces to outdo each other. And somehow that will own the libs

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

So does this mean schools can no longer require vaccines like measles and polio?

Good news everyone! Polio and Smallpox are coming back!

Somewhere a couple of weeks back, I posted that this was the ultimate, and inevitable, play. We aren’t going backwards….we’re jetting backwards at ludicrous speed. They aren’t going to rest until every advancement of the last 100 years is undone. And as people die, they will cackle with glee about how much they’re owning the libs - you can tell the libs are owned because they’re so upset! That people are dying! What pussy lib snowflakes!
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Well one of 'em sure as shit ain't gonna change Abbott's commuting routine.

2 hours ago, Updawg said:

Is this a long game at play? Huffines keeps enticing Abbott to do stupid shit to ward him off and then eventually points out all the stupid shit Abbott did.

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

The Huffines Effect 

Told you motherfuckers, for whatever reason, Huffines has Abbott scared shitless.

There's multiple instances where you can trace batshit stuff that Huffines is pushing on social media to Abbott reacting soon thereafter and swinging even farther to the right, going back to the day Huffines officially announced.

@Lobo, whoever, tell me how the fuck Huffines has Abbott so scared.

Is there really a concern Huffines will run 3rd party/MAGA Party and take the election away from Abbott and end Abbott's career before 2024?

Huffines wants you to know that he was behind Abbott doing this (and Huffines should be given credit).

He also has folks who still have access to Trump and Co. out tweeting that he's the reason Abbott changed his mind.

Spoiler

And Huffines damned sure wants you to remember who is behind Abbott's switching gears.

i got to flip that POS off at the game on saturday as he wheeled around throwing hook'em up at the crowd.  i'm sure he didn't see me in particular but damn it felt good (i was also far from the only person shooting him the bird so hopefully he saw at least one of us).

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Maybe some incriminating photos?  Doing what?...I have no fucking idea.

I dunno, between Covid-19 self-quarantine and me swearing off the Republican rooms I used to drunkly stumble into, I don't hear very much anymore.  My cousin who's been appointed to more boards by Abbott than possibly exist in Texas, is also very tight-lipped about all this.  I know TAB/TXBLC whom I still keep in touch with is also confused because of how bad this is for business.  As well as the lobbying/campaign consultant guys who like the status quo GOP are mouthing off after a few drinks.  

What I do know is the people behind the FitLumps, the Eanes Kids First at the community level are being astro-turfed...and not by the Koch Bros.  And at the state level---LSPI, TCCRI, and the TPPF (Texas Public Policy Foundation) in particular...I know they're stoking these flames.  They're encouraging Huffhines to pull this shit because if it drives Abbott to their side of the spectrum...then whoever wins...they win.  Even most Surly Republicans don't understand the power that TPPF wields on so many issues. 

I'm sitting with James and Patty Huffines at the triannual Board of Regents Santa Rita dinner later this week (not a humblebrag if we're trying to topple a gremlin from taking over our government).  You can be sure as shit confident...I'm gonna be doing nothing but refilling wine glasses and listening with wide open ears.   

After Rollins left TPPF to join the Trump administration (and to be fair, even before)...they had made a concerted move to shift back to fiscal policy/spending, education, energy, etc.  They veered back away from social issues of almost every sort, and even hot-button issues like immigration and guns.  You can see the half of the board that has remained through that transition.  These are people we know, people that are for Abbott, for a sound and respectable Texas. 

The new half that has joined recently under new Exec. Director (newish, anyway) Roberts.  They're swaying way back the other way to the dark ages.  They feel everything taught in school besides football is Critical Race Theory now, abortion restrictions-no matter the health issues involved-are under their expertise suddenly, anti-immigration scare tactics, border wall engineering do's and don'ts, a veritable plethora of shit they don't actually understand.  I've know some scholars there for years, who many in the Cloak Room will disagree with the conclusions of, these folks do honest academic research---long haulers like Quintero, White, Pressley, Johnson, Ginn, et. al.  And you can see even in their papers...they are being directed by something decidedly different.  I think TPPF has concluded, if they can steer the Legislature and the Mansion, no matter what lunatics in the primaries...they can drive all GOP candidates to their new way of thinking.  Much of which is to serve as a harbinger to show the rest of the nation how to keep a purple state with low turnout, decidedly red.  

The only autopsy being done on the shift in Republican politics in Texas isn't even being done by Texas Republicans.  That's the weird part.  The "normal" ones heard about what who is killing their party and instead of heading off the with the Sheriff to stop them...they're heading off to get some of that same poison from the coroner's office mainlined straight into their veins.

After Rollins left TPPF to join the Trump administration (and to be fair, even before)...they had made a concerted move to shift back to fiscal policy/spending, education, energy, etc.  They veered back away from social issues of almost every sort, and even hot-button issues like immigration and guns.  You can see the half of the board that has remained through that transition.  These are people we know, people that are for Abbott, for a sound and respectable Texas. 
The new half that has joined recently under new Exec. Director (newish, anyway) Roberts.  They're swaying way back the other way to the dark ages.  They feel everything taught in school besides football is Critical Race Theory now, abortion restrictions-no matter the health issues involved-are under their expertise suddenly, anti-immigration scare tactics, border wall engineering do's and don'ts, a veritable plethora of shit they don't actually understand.  I've know some scholars there for years, who many in the Cloak Room will disagree with the conclusions of, these folks do honest academic research---long haulers like Quintero, White, Pressley, Johnson, Ginn, et. al.  And you can see even in their papers...they are being directed by something decidedly different.  I think TPPF has concluded, if they can steer the Legislature and the Mansion, no matter what lunatics in the primaries...they can drive all GOP candidates to their new way of thinking.  Much of which is to serve as a harbinger to show the rest of the nation how to keep a purple state with low turnout, decidedly red.  
The only autopsy being done on the shift in Republican politics in Texas isn't even being done by Texas Republicans.  That's the weird part.  The "normal" ones heard about what who is killing their party and instead of heading off the with the Sheriff to stop them...they're heading off to get some of that same poison from the coroner's office mainlined straight into their veins.

I look forward to moving out of this fucking state
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

This is Abbott’s master plan right here.  Bring Polio back in a big way so everybody ends up in wheelchairs and then he will be like everyone else.  Except more experienced at using a wheelchair.   5D chess.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

man, he really is just playing puppet to a fucking moron who is laughing at him while pulling the strings.  how do these guys lose all their sense of pride in the opportunism?

huffines should say that he and donald trump would suck a tranny's dick in the middle of 6th street just to see if he can get greg's pathetic ass to do it.

Edited by sidis
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

On 10/10/2021 at 10:37 PM, atomheartbevo said:

This is the stupid shit he tweets about.

Unless they disagree, and then Abbott will interfere like always.  

Edit: Damn, Abbott already beat me to it.  

Edited by Mdhorn

Greg Abbott does realize the toys don't have genders, right?  

Humans do.  Toys don't.  

I guess sex dolls kinda do, is that he's talking about?  I know Dan Patrick has a number of opinions on that topic.