Sweet Jawja Special Elections

Zonahorn

18 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i mean, it kinda was.

still convinced there was some sort of funny business.  no way trump picked up 12mm votes since 2016.  no fucking way.

He implies as much in his conversation:

Trump: No, we do have a way but I don't want to get into it. We found a way in other states excuse me, but we don't need it because we're only down 11,000 votes so we don't even need it. I personally think they're corrupt as hell. But we don't need that. Because all we have to do Cleta is find 11,000-plus votes. So we don't need that. I'm not looking to shake up the whole world. We won Georgia easily. We won it by hundreds of thousands of votes. But if you go by basic simple numbers, we won it easily, easily. So we're not giving Dominion a pass on the record. We just, we don't need Dominion, because we have so many other votes that we don't need to prove it any more than we already have.

Again, where every accusation is a confession, he confesses multiple times to fixing the election.  I think in his mind, they did enough to fix the election.  And they did--the USPS, disinformation, voter purges, poll closings, threats, fake polling boxes, deportations, is this enough, this is just the knowable surface stuff?  Nope, they still lost.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i just flipped to fox in time to hear tucker carlson call ossoff "the greasiest little fraud he's ever seen in politics."

he acknowledged that at least he could see himself having dinner with warnock.

Only so he could claim that elusive 'black friend'. 

2 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i just flipped to fox in time to hear tucker carlson call ossoff "the greasiest little fraud he's ever seen in politics."

he acknowledged that at least he could see himself having dinner with warnock.

Warnock is probably generous and kind enough to break bread with that grifting slime.

(I wouldn't)

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I only care to vote for trump, is such a strange position to hold. Apparently millions across the country are in that box. 

The GOP traded their high propensity college educated voters for low propensity morons  

• Hook 'Em 2

There’s something about Trump that brings every single xenophobic, white trash, racist, redneck, pig fucker who works at wal mart, confederate, nascar fans, and any other trashy part of America out to vote. 

trump is the king of trashy people. They love him. He gets them out to vote for him, but it seems trump can’t get them to vote when he’s not on the ballot.

• Hook 'Em 1

Wasn't Kemp the SoS in Ga and didn't recuse himself of governing the election?  Seem like a pretty big red flag.

Red flags aren’t evidence. Lots of complaining by the loser, lots of anecdotes, no evidence, no courts found substantial fraud. Sound familiar?

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I only care to vote for trump, is such a strange position to hold. Apparently millions across the country are in that box. 

is it though?  remember, these are not republicans, they're trumpers.  they care about what he cares about, which is trump.

trump doesn't care about issues unless it helps him get elected.  you think trump gives a fuck about the senate or the supreme court?  of course not.  unless it helps him get his way and continue to get his way by getting elected again.  he went to georgia to campaign for the 2 candidates and couldn't even do that.

he won't ever give his blessing to another republican and magically hand over his base.  and even if he wanted to, they wouldn't go.  these are not republicans or democrats, they are former non-voters who are now trumpers and will go back to being non-voters like every other time trump was not on the ballot.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

I disagree. She has no evidence but has convinced a lot of people that it was stolen. If she was so confident she would have run for Senate.

This is what I’m talking about when I talk about my contempt for both parties.

I read some articles that might be attached to the thread about her here and she never wanted to be in the Senate. She wants to be governor and she would have taken VP if offered but her sights are on Governor.  She wants to be a big fish in a smaller pond and if it goes well, run for President. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Only keeping up with a thread on another board, but just going to drop this here. This is what I'm talking about when I kept repeating myself about the Black Belt and its importance. They showed the fuck up in early voting.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Red flags aren’t evidence. Lots of complaining by the loser, lots of anecdotes, no evidence, no courts found substantial fraud. Sound familiar?

Abrams concession speech.  Sounds just like DOTARD and the GOP.   GTFO with that weak bothsides bullshit

“So let’s be clear – this is not a speech of concession, because concession means to acknowledge an action is right, true or proper,” she said. “As a woman of conscience and faith, I cannot concede that. But, my assessment is the law currently allows no further viable remedy. Now, I can certainly bring a new case to keep this one contest alive, but I don’t want to hold public office if I need to scheme my way into the post. Because the title of governor isn’t nearly as important as our shared title – voters. And that is why we fight on.”

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Buzzrock said:

https://www.apmreports.org/story/2019/10/29/georgia-voting-registration-records-removed 

On Election Day 2018, James Baiye II drove to Lucerne Baptist Church in the same suburban Atlanta neighborhood where he'd been registered to vote for most of his adult life. He dropped his brother and elderly mother at the front door, parked the car and got in line. Though he'd been registered for years, the 31-year-old African American hadn't been a frequent voter. He'd spent a few years playing football at a junior college in North Carolina. In 2012, Baiye says, he requested an absentee ballot but there's no record of it in the state's voter file. In fact, he hadn't cast an in-person ballot since 2008, when Barack Obama first ran for president.

This year was different. He'd become excited about candidacy of Stacey Abrams, the Democrat who was vying to become Georgia's first African-American governor, and the nation's first-ever black woman to lead a U.S. state. It wasn't Abrams' race that swayed Baiye, he said, but rather her pledge to run the government differently. "A lot of being there for the people," he said. "I just wanted to see her succeed."

But when Baiye finally reached the front of the line, there was a problem. Poll workers couldn't find his name on their list of registered voters. This was puzzling: Baiye is a citizen, he wasn't a felon, and he hadn't moved.

What Baiye didn't know was he'd been caught up in one of the most hotly debated campaign issues in Georgia. It turned out that a year earlier Baiye had been removed from the voter rolls in a purge led by the office of Republican Secretary of State Brian Kemp, who was running for governor against Abrams.

On a single day in late July 2017, Kemp's office had removed from the rolls 560,000 Georgians who had been flagged because they'd skipped one too many elections. Abrams would later call the purge the "use-it-or-lose-it scheme." An APM Reports investigation last year estimated 107,000 of the people purged under the policy would otherwise have been eligible to vote last year, just like Baiye.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

There’s something about Trump that brings every single xenophobic, white trash, racist, redneck, pig fucker who works at wal mart, confederate, nascar fans, and any other trashy part of America out to vote. 

trump is the king of trashy people. They love him. He gets them out to vote for him, but it seems trump can’t get them to vote when he’s not on the ballot.

And he hates them so much, and they have no clue despite the fact that he doesn’t hide it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Ted Lange said:

Abrams concession speech.  Sounds just like DOTARD and the GOP.   GTFO with that weak bothsides bullshit

“So let’s be clear – this is not a speech of concession, because concession means to acknowledge an action is right, true or proper,” she said. “As a woman of conscience and faith, I cannot concede that. But, my assessment is the law currently allows no further viable remedy. Now, I can certainly bring a new case to keep this one contest alive, but I don’t want to hold public office if I need to scheme my way into the post. Because the title of governor isn’t nearly as important as our shared title – voters. And that is why we fight on.”

Voting in the November midterms could get harder in one majority-black Georgia county with a poverty rate nearly double the national average.

Randolph County, population 7,224, is about three hours south of Atlanta. The rural, agricultural area is considered part of the south's "Black Belt." It's known for producing peanuts and cotton, as well as a history of slavery, racial violence and voter suppression.

Nine polling places are spread out across Randolph County's 428 square miles, but the local board of elections on Friday morning is set to decide whether seven of them should be closed, leaving just two open in the center of the county.

The proposal has quickly become a messy campaign issue, even as it veers away from stereotypes about Democratic and Republican stances on voting issues.

Amplifying the political stakes is a historic contest for governor in Georgia this November. Democrat Stacey Abrams would be the first black female governor in the U.S. Abrams founded a group called the New Georgia Project, with the goal of registering voters of color and encouraging them to show up at the polls.

Abrams' opponent, Republican Brian Kemp, is Georgia's secretary of state, the top election official in the state. Kemp boasts about being tough on voter fraud. In 2014, he and Abrams clashed over voter registration forms submitted by contractors of the New Georgia Project.

Republicans and Democrats in Georgia, including Kemp and Abrams, say they are opposed to closing the polling places. Randolph County residents and civil rights groups, including the ACLU of Georgia, argue the proposal would make voting especially difficult for African-Americans and people with low incomes who live on the county's fringes.

I read some articles that might be attached to the thread about her here and she never wanted to be in the Senate. She wants to be governor and she would have taken VP if offered but her sights are on Governor.  She wants to be a big fish in a smaller pond and if it goes well, run for President. 

Probably smart if true. Give Biden (and what’s now looking like a D Congress) a couple years and see how it’s going. If it’s going gangbusters try to unseat Kemp.

7 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

is it though?  remember, these are not republicans, they're trumpers.  they care about what he cares about, which is trump.

trump doesn't care about issues unless it helps him get elected.  you think trump gives a fuck about the senate or the supreme court?  of course not.  unless it helps him get his way and continue to get his way by getting elected again.  he went to georgia to campaign for the 2 candidates and couldn't even do that.

he won't ever give his blessing to another republican and magically hand over his base.  and even if he wanted to, they wouldn't go.  these are not republicans or democrats, they are former non-voters who are now trumpers and will go back to being non-voters like every other time trump was not on the ballot.

Exactly. What the fuck is it that trump and only Trump can get these people motivated?

Only keeping up with a thread on another board, but just going to drop this here. This is what I'm talking about when I kept repeating myself about the Black Belt and its importance. They showed the fuck up in early voting.

Holy shit. Impressive. Good for them.
  • Hook 'Em 1