Sweet Jawja Special Elections

Zonahorn

10 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

ah, yes.  nothing says true Georgian like her degrees from . . . the University of Illinois and DePaul??

Did her Covid profiteering story just get lost in the general shitstorm or was there news vindicating her? Electing a Plague Profiteer who dodges a question about the upending of the republic is not a good look for Ga. How much would we have to pay the deep south to secede again?

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/4/2021 at 11:17 AM, F250 said:

This reminds me of an interaction I had with a family that were from Ohio and experiencing their first Texas summer. It was late June and I was holding daily Little League All Star baseball practice.

The Mom and Dad to me one late afternoon practice...

spacer.png

Think of that scene often in the summer. Salma hayek looks like she hasn't aged a day...

2 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Did her Covid profiteering story just get lost in the general shitstorm or was there news vindicating her? Electing a Plague Profiteer who dodges a question about the upending of the republic is not a good look for Ga. How much would we have to pay the deep south to secede again?

99% of the attack ads on Loffler and Perdue I saw on TV were about their insider trading combined with how wealthy they already are. Probably the easiest ads you could make that would resonate with the most amount of people.

Edited by GSU&UT
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Tom Price just said if 800K vote then it goes R, less it goes D. That’s the first time I’ve heard someone say greater turnout helps the Rs.

ETA: 800K today. Based on what I’ve heard from voters and seen on TV, 800K ain’t happening today.

Did you pay attention to the general election at all? In person voting skewed R almost everywhere

2 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Did you pay attention to the general election at all? In person voting skewed R almost everywhere

We know it did.  900k turned out for the in person election day voting in November.  That's a high bar to clear for a runoff versus a general election (without Trump on the ballot).  The Republicans won that portion of the vote with 59%.  They need to clear 65%+ this time, based on how much early vote the Dems have banked already.  Not to mention the new voters who voted this time, but not in November, are younger and blacker. 

3 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

99% of the attack ads on Loffler and Perdue I saw on TV were about their insider trading combined with how wealthy they already are. Probably the easiest ads you could make that would resonate with the most amount of people.

Thanks for the response.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Js1 said:

As I said, take turnout anecdotes with a grain of salt.

But an official in the SOS office (anecdote, but from someone who knows) said virtually no lines across the state.  That is not good news for the GOP.  They need to hear of long lines in heavily R precincts and counties to feel good of 1 million + turnout by the rubes today. 

Why would the rubes bother to vote? The election is gonna be stolen by kemp, that Brad guy and all the other rinos and just handed over to the dems anyway. Dear leader told them so. Just like they did to dear leader.

Stop the steal! Write in trump or don’t vote! 

BTW if anyone believes in omens or whatever, after almost two full months, today I received a gritty shirt that was hung up in the USPS web this whole time. And an Austin Ice Bats shirt. Whatever that means.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Buzzrock said:

Tom Price just said if 800K vote then it goes R, less it goes D. That’s the first time I’ve heard someone say greater turnout helps the Rs.

ETA: 800K today. Based on what I’ve heard from voters and seen on TV, 800K ain’t happening today.

This is a complete GOTV statement and not necessarily a real opinion by him. By all accounts, the GOP needs a great turnout today so better to scare every GOP voter to get off their ass. If he says 800K, then he probably believes it needs to be 500 or 600K.

6 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

BTW if anyone believes in omens or whatever, after almost two full months, today I received a gritty shirt that was hung up in the USPS web this whole time. And an Austin Ice Bats shirt. Whatever that means.

Dear God, please let it mean that the dumbass rubes who would rather fuck the holes in their rugs than women who have their own thoughts did not come out to vote did not, actually, come out to vote.

At this point, does ANYBODY with a brain still not think that Republicans are DUMBASS FUCKING WORTHLESS PIECES OF SHIT?

Anybody? Seriously?

Because HOW COULD YOU NOT SEE IT??????

Edited by Walden Ponderer

4 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Dear God, please let it mean that the dumbass rubes who would rather fuck the holes in their rugs than women who have their own thoughts did not come out to vote did not, actually, come out to vote.

At this point, does ANYBODY with a brain still not think that Republicans are DUMBASS FUCKING WORTHLESS PIECES OF SHIT?

Anybody? Seriously?

Because HOW COULD YOU NOT SEE IT??????

Because they don't care to see it. 

Not doing to lie, manic Walden is not my favorite Walden. We're all rooting for your son. 

Yup. Loeffler and Perdue are crooks, Warnock hates America and abuses his wife, Ossoff is owned by China, rinse repeat.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

My new years resolution was to not watch the needle.

Yeah, I think that's healthy. I'm not planning to follow it. I'll check in later in the night and that's about it. The POTUS election was enough of a rabbit hole and time sink for me. Cheers to everyone that's going to watch it live, though. Pour one out for me. 

7 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Yeah, I think that's healthy. I'm not planning to follow it. I'll check in later in the night and that's about it. The POTUS election was enough of a rabbit hole and time sink for me. Cheers to everyone that's going to watch it live, though. Pour one out for me. 

What if I told you when the needle was turned off for GA and NC after Election Night, it was on the money? 

3 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Strategist on MSNBC just said Radical Rs are looking for 900,000 voters today and need 60% of that vote.  Chuck basically said the same thing but he heard 800,000.

If 900,000 wins it for Rs with them only needing 60% of that, then they literally have not looked at the early voting data. They would need to win probably closer to 70% of that.

Strategist on MSNBC just said Radical Rs are looking for 900,000 voters today and need 60% of that vote.  Chuck basically said the same thing but he heard 800,000.

“Look.....I only need 800,000 votes and I got way more than that. Give me a break!”
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

If 900,000 wins it for Rs with them only needing 60% of that, then they literally have not looked at the early voting data. They would need to win probably closer to 70% of that.

This right here.  They are going into today in a roughly 300,000 vote hole. If they only expect 800,000, they need to win it by a bigger margin than Trump managed for Election Day in-person votes. 

I've been following Lakshya for a few weeks. He's not Nate Cohn but it's clear he knows his stuff. There's time for Spalding exurbs to have their more MAGA base show up but that number was cited in an 11Alive news report and not good at all for exurb/rural White Georgia especially if Dems are turning out in just as high of numbers as they did in November in Atlanta.

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Did you say track?  In Georgia?  General Sherman had thoughts on train tracks in Georgia.

f21506c5852d5fef322465ad4b37eb9f.jpg

It's not well known that the Confederates also tore up a ton of stuff in Georgia. I believe Wheeler's Cavalry (CSA) took out the rail lines from Atlanta to Chattanooga (Union base) as well as burned crops. Maybe as much or more as the Yankihihihs. The idea was to cut off Sherman inside Atlanta and let him starve. It might have worked if he had needed a couple more days to get to where the food was, which was by Marching through Georgia.

tldr ahem ahem historical conjecture sah ahem

16 minutes ago, Js1 said:

This right here.  They are going into today in a roughly 300,000 vote hole. If they only expect 800,000, they need to win it by a bigger margin than Trump managed for Election Day in-person votes. 

Didn't pretty much every down ballot race that R's won have a higher margin than the top of the ticket?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Interesting that the turnout estimates that would favor GOP are all over the map. 

Aligns with earlier tweet that we don't know shit until they start counting.

Edit to add this stuff from Politico:

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/playbook/2021/01/05/why-conventional-wisdom-in-georgia-might-be-wrong-491290

4. Total Election Day turnout. Depending on whom you ask in Georgia political circles, the Democratic candidates could be ahead by anywhere from 130,000 to 200,000 votes when all the early ballots are tabulated. So Republicans start the day down, but their voters are more likely to show on Election Day (Perdue lost the early vote by 127,000 but won Election Day by 215,000 in November). Republicans say that a total Election Day turnout of 700,000 voters would probably mean the Democrats would win, and 900,000 voters would likely mean the GOP has the edge. So 800,000 looks like the water line. As of now, the state is on pace for about 770,000 Election Day voters (that’s based on the idea that Election Day voting will be down by the same proportion as early voting when compared to the November elections).

Edited by The Dog
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Are we going to know the results on this tonight? Or is this another won't be counted for a week situation?

I think we will have an idea.  The Georgia SOS expects that we will know by tomorrow morning (bc of the pre-canvassing of mail-in ballots so they can be counted quickly - all they have to do is run through the machines as they've already been opened, signatures verified, etc.). 

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:

Wife and I still have our Ice Bats jerseys (signed).  Actually multiple jerseys.

Really do miss them, and miss games out at the Expo Center.

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I think we will have an idea.  The Georgia SOS expects that we will know by tomorrow morning (bc of the pre-canvassing of mail-in ballots so they can be counted quickly - all they have to do is run through the machines as they've already been opened, signatures verified, etc.). 

This is not what I heard, but I hope you are right.  Why the fuck can't we go back to scantrons and just zip those fuckers through the machines?