Sweet Jawja Special Elections

Zonahorn

2 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

Votes for Loeffler and Perdue are extreme.  They are both extremists who happily take the nation to the brink of collapse for some real or perceived personal gain.   They are extreme Trumpists in every way, and extreme Trumpists are much more damaging than ideologically pure extremists.  There are still some Rs that one could vote for without being considered a rube or an extremist, but none are in these runoffs.  

Jennifer Medina 12m ago

Most Georgia voters said that deciding which party controls the Senate was the “single most important factor” in casting their ballot, according to A.P. voter surveys.

This was my point - They are not voting for these people, they are voting for control of the senate. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, hornbri said:

Jennifer Medina 12m ago

Most Georgia voters said that deciding which party controls the Senate was the “single most important factor” in casting their ballot, according to A.P. voter surveys.

This was my point - They are not voting for these people, they are voting for control of the senate. 

People who want the current GOP to maintain control of the Senate are also extremists.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, hornbri said:

Jennifer Medina 12m ago

it's a team sport, and not just in georgia.

nobody gives a shit about the names anymore, just the (r) and (d).

Just now, henrygandorf said:

Which is how you end up with all grifters on the (r) ticket. If people want (r) control, they want a completely ineffective government that passes no laws and does nothing at all except act to enrich individual senators through insider dealing. Extremists. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i mean, it kinda was.

still convinced there was some sort of funny business.  no way trump picked up 12mm votes since 2016.  no fucking way.

I suspect funny business as well, but for the same reasons that Trump went 1-71 or whatever the final tally turned out, it's tough to dispute.  I know the dems weren't really looking for fraud, but all those cases went by, and no one the blue side said 'hey wait a minute, there WAS something funny going on?' Just no hard evidence.

I still don't understand after all this time if it's 50-50 with Harris the President of the Senate, and the two I's (King and Sanders) caucusing with the Democrats...what that means for committee chairmanships?  That's all that really matters in the Senate beside Majority Leader.  

I think they got divorced so he could run for Georgia senate, no?  Or wait, was that for President?  One thing i know, she's a Peach alright. 

14 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I still don't understand after all this time if it's 50-50 with Harris the President of the Senate, and the two I's (King and Sanders) caucusing with the Democrats...what that means for committee chairmanships?  That's all that really matters in the Senate beside Majority Leader.  

Power sharing agreements. Probably D committee chairs but Rs can bring legislation to the floor 

30 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

Exactly.

The Rs policies are losers and their demographics are losers.

So they have tribalism and anti-democratic actions as their survival mechanisms.

Edited by quigley
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Power sharing agreements. Probably D committee chairs but Rs can bring legislation to the floor 

I believe that's what happened last time. The Washington Post had an article a while back saying no way Schumer would agree to any kind of power sharing agreement this time around.

U.S. Senate Special Election: Loeffler vs. Warnock

Senator Kelly Loeffler, who was appointed to her seat in 2019 and is seeking to finish a term that ends in 2022, is vying against the Rev. Raphael Warnock, who leads Ebenezer Baptist Church in Atlanta. In November’s crowded special election, Mr. Warnock finished with 32.9 percent of the vote and Ms. Loeffler had 25.9 percent.

Updated just now
39% REPORTED 

Candidate Party Votes Pct.

Raphael Warnock Democrat 929,111 56.1%

Kelly Loeffler* Republican 728,342 43.9

Total reported   1,657,453  

U.S. Senate: Perdue vs. Ossoff

David Perdue, a Republican whose Senate term ended on Sunday, has faced a competitive challenge from Jon Ossoff, a documentary film executive. In November, Mr. Perdue fell just short of the majority he would have needed to avoid a runoff, winning 49.7 percent of the vote, while Mr. Ossoff had 47.9 percent — a difference of about 88,000 votes.

Updated just now
40% REPORTED 

Candidate Party Votes Pct.

Jon Ossoff Democrat 922,814 55.6%

David Perdue* Republican 735,602 44.4

Total reported   1,658,416