Bijan Robinson is special

SDG

7 hours ago, Jimbob said:

Good news is we have studs behind him.   You can give him all the carries he wants and still have depth when he needs a breather.  

I think Zach Evans is slightly more talented of a runner than bijan, but Bijans work ethic and ability to be a work horse make him a far better RB. 

Watching Bamas Robinson, that dude is really good.  His blocking gets him about 10 yards before initial contact, imagine Bijan with similar instead of at the LOS. 

If he was more talented he wouldn't have caught that pussy and claimed to be tired. Put respect on Bijans name. 

• Hook 'Em 3

8 hours ago, Jimbob said:

Good news is we have studs behind him.   You can give him all the carries he wants and still have depth when he needs a breather.  

I think Zach Evans is slightly more talented of a runner than bijan, but Bijans work ethic and ability to be a work horse make him a far better RB. 

Watching Bamas Robinson, that dude is really good.  His blocking gets him about 10 yards before initial contact, imagine Bijan with similar instead of at the LOS. 

“I think Zach Evans is slightly more talented of a runner than bijan”

I believe this to be false. Zach Evans is faster, as far as straight line speed is concerned. Film will show that Bijan is the more talented ball carrier. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Herman should be kicked in the nuts daily for not giving Bijan 20-25 touches the minute he stepped foot on campus.  He has the same ability Ced had to always fall forward for extra yards except he is faster and more nimble.

Look at it this way: If Herman did give him that, there is a decent chance he would still be the head coach.

Glad he did what he did.
  • Like 3

On 10/3/2021 at 3:16 AM, Intercourse With Gray said:

Honestly these types of games/plays blow my mind. It has been a while but, for me personally, I feel we have a once in a generational talent at RB. A type of RB like Ricky or Charles or even Cedric Benson if you will. Bijan is special.

It's the way he breaks tackles, it's incredible. He reminds me of how VY used to make shaking off people look easy, like it was effortless for him.

• Hook 'Em 2

10.05.2021 | Football

Robinson named Earl Campbell Tyler Rose Award Player of the Week

AJ2I6316_71.jpg?width=768&height=460&mod

Sophomore RB Bijan Robinson collected another weekly honor following his standout performance against TCU on Saturday.

AUSTIN, Texas – Texas Football sophomore RB Bijan Robinson was named the Earl Campbell Tyler Rose Award National Player of the Week, the organization announced on Tuesday.

The Tucson, Ariz. native established career highs with 35 carries and 216 rushing yards (6.2 ypc), scoring two touchdowns and catching two passes for 22 yards to lead the Longhorns to a 32-27 victory at TCU, Texas' first win in Fort Worth since 2013. It was the first 200-yard rushing game of his career and the first for a Longhorn since D'Onta Foreman accomplished the feat against Texas Tech in 2016.

Robinson currently ranks second in the nation and leads the Big 12 Conference in all purpose yards (163.80 ypg), rushing yards (652) and rushing yards per game (130.4). The sophomore also leads the Big 12 conference and stands fourth in the NCAA in scoring (10.8 ppg), total points scored (54) and total touchdowns (nine). 

Over his last nine games, Robinson has totaled 1,174 yards on 152 carries (7.72 ypc) with 11 touchdowns, while hauling in 18 receptions for 296 yards (16.44 ypc) and scoring four touchdowns. His nine-game total include 1,470 yards on 170 plays for 8.64 yards per play and 15 touchdowns. He has scored a touchdown in each of the last seven games, totaling 15 in all during the stretch (11 rushing and four receiving) with multiple touchdowns in five of those games.

In addition to his recognition from the Tyler Rose Award, Robinson has also been named the Big 12 Offensive Player of the Week on Monday.

I see a lot of Cedric Benson in him. Short legs, low center of gravity with a choppy stride. Very quick to top speed but not a burner. Can juke you or truck you.

But Bijan has even more wiggle and is an elite receiver. To me he’s the most talented RB we’ve had since Ricky.

• Hook 'Em 2

42 minutes ago, gurt said:

I see a lot of Cedric Benson in him. Short legs, low center of gravity with a choppy stride. Very quick to top speed but not a burner. Can juke you or truck you.

But Bijan has even more wiggle and is an elite receiver. To me he’s the most talented RB we’ve had since Ricky.

I've said this in this very thread actually. No disrespect to Charles, Foreman, Gray, Young, etc but he looks like a better Benson out there IMO. He just has a way to break tackles that I haven't seen since Ricky (although a different way from him). 

17 hours ago, Dondrysdale1 said:

Fran was the coach in 2000. I thought the same and went and looked it up. Patterson coached the bowl.

Yeah but he saw LT win the Doak and go on to be one of the greatest NFL backs ever and vowed to never put a TCU ball handler through that. 

28 minutes ago, Intercourse With Gray said:

I've said this in this very thread actually. No disrespect to Charles, Foreman, Gray, Young, etc but he looks like a better Benson out there IMO. He just has a way to break tackles that I haven't seen since Ricky (although a different way from him). 

Charles was a unique back.  Bijan ain’t better than him yet, but I expect he will get there.

• Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to Bijan Robinson is special