Markets still falling like whoa

“I’m very confident that as the economy recovers from this hit and begins to recover that we, at the appropriate time, will be able to unwind these programs. There is nothing fundamentally wrong with the U.S. economy,” Fed Vice Chairman Clarida, said in an interview on Bloomberg Television.

Unwind?

Hahahahahahaha x 10 Trillion

• Like 1

Seems like the only stocks that are discounted are those that have a good chance of not being around in 6 month's.  AAPL is now trading higher than it was on Christmas day.  SBUX is about the same price as last May.  TSLA, well that's something else. Are people going long at these prices or just looking to turn it before the reckoning?  I don't get it.

4 minutes ago, Colonel Sanders said:

Seems like the only stocks that are discounted are those that have a good chance of not being around in 6 month's.  AAPL is now trading higher than it was on Christmas day.  SBUX is about the same price as last May.  TSLA, well that's something else. Are people going long at these prices or just looking to turn it before the reckoning?  I don't get it.

I am holding SBUX, KO, VZ, XOM, ABT, BYND and some index etfs at the moment.  I would be perfectly happy holding most of these for a long long time.  My only regret is not buying more at this point. But I will also drop these motherfuckers in a second if shit turns south.  

12 minutes ago, Colonel Sanders said:

I'm long Netflix apple Ross the Berk and some vanguard ETFs.  And bag holding a large position in my employer in energy because I'm like a battered housewife and just can't breakaway due to the trauna

I have added a good bit of VOO along with PEP, JPM, AAPL and a small amount of DIS over the last month.

I cannot say I added “at the bottom”, but would be very happy if the late March bottom holds as the bottom of this event.

My time horizon on what I invested is long.  Unless we end up with a true break down, which frankly the amount of money I am talking about wouldn’t matter.  

1 minute ago, washparkhorn said:

$10 Trillion in liquidity to Wall Street. 

Main Street filled with cars in line for food banks. 

A Tale of Two Cities. 

If there is aid going to Main Street, please do not bitch about the debt and deficit. 

If they still got cars, it can't be that bad

Main Street filled with cars in line for food banks. 
A Tale of Two Cities. 
If there is aid going to Main Street, please do not bitch about the debt and deficit. 
10 trillion hasn't gone to Wall Street. Nor will it.

And now we start to see how some of these companies plan on riding out the next couple of quarters of earnings calls:
Cisco Systems Inc. has joined Hewlett-Packard Enterprise Corp. in putting aside billions of dollars to send a big signal to its corporate customers: Don’t worry about your bills, just please stick around.
Cisco CSCO, +2.96% made $2.5 billion available through its financing arm Tuesday to keep customers buying its tech products during the COVID-19 pandemic, with payment reprieves until next year. That topped HP Enterprise Co.’s HPE, +1.59% $2 billion plan to help customers with their financial challenges.
Both tech giants are able to do this because they have large financing units. Both are offering 90-day payment holidays and no- or low-money down on tech purchases and upgrades.
Cisco and HPE are the first tech giants to offer customers payment reprieves as the coronavirus pandemic continues to wreak havoc on the global economy, but they likely won’t be the last.
"Hey, we got orders. I'm sure we will get paid sometime!" Easier to pull off for the big players than others.
Probably their best play. If you don't offer easy financing, you won't sell anything. If you DO offer easy financing...some?..of your customers will pay.

2 hours ago, gsoda3 said:
2 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

10 trillion hasn't gone to Wall Street. Nor will it.

The Fed has committed up to $10 Trillion to stabilize financial markets. That is not an arguable point. 

Results have been impressive for the markets. 

NY Fed is using Black Rock. 

You may send your thanks to Lorie Logan of the NY Fed. 

8 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Other than dumbasses like TonyTexas, nobody here should get the impression I have shit figured out.  I just share info and we all do our best.  Going to cash  under 2800 was only part of the issue...I had already had a decent amount I wanted to 'dollar cost avg blah blah blah' in as well.  So for me at this point, I'll slowly start to dip in when we go under 2700 again.  

Also we are doing a rollup with our PE partner on the medical practice...we have great financials but banks are NOT cool with levering up to buy more groups on debt.  They were very cool with this 45 days ago.  Shit changes fast.  Anyways, I'll likely need some of my own coin to buy groups for this year until banks loosen up again.  In the grand scheme, I'd much rather things cool now vs 3-4 years when we want to go to market again.  Selling in Jan 2019 was pretty fucking lucky...and I'm counting on some luck again.  

So if you wanna ride with someone who's gotten a lot of breaks, I'm your guy.  If you want someone who has this market BS figured out, I'm definitely not your dude.  

No worries, I'm not following anybody. 

...this market just makes me yearn for someone to pat the top of my head and tell me that it's going to be all right.

Edited by aggie08

5 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

No worries, I'm not following anybody. 

...this market just makes me yearn for someone to tap the top of my head and tell me that it's going to be all right.

Please tell me you're under 55?   Then I can comfortably tell you it's gonna be alright. 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Tailgate said:

Yep. Made that BYND trade that day @$64. Been watching it since IPO and plant-based proteins are here to stay. And they’ve got great products with strong distribution and will be building a facility in Asia.

Does sawdust count?   That’s more or less 1/3 of the molecular structure of that shitty ass product 

3 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

We're not done going down until my big dick gains in XOM get completely wiped out, it keeps going lower until I am way underwater and sell.

Then we will have the real recovery.

to make an omelet you gotta break a few balls

33 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

We're not done going down until my big dick gains in XOM get completely wiped out, it keeps going lower until I am way underwater and sell.

Then we will have the real recovery.

No because I'd have to buy a chunk for that to happen, and I'm all done buying them for a bit.  You're welcome.

Well today looks to be a good day if you’re short.  And I am.  Bought more SOXS yesterday at 10.95.  Basis all the way down to 12.8 now.  Still red but I think the priced in bullshit is coming to an end.  Awful economic news everywhere and s&p still headed for 2000 before we’re done.

Well today looks to be a good day if you’re short.  And I am.  Bought more SOXS yesterday at 10.95.  Basis all the way down to 12.8 now.  Still red but I think the priced in bullshit is coming to an end.  Awful economic news everywhere and s&p still headed for 2000 before we’re done.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

I think brrrrrr is going to bite us in the ass.  No CR but Wall Street is going to have a reckoning after November.

Well, workers may not be getting paid and small businesses may fail, but the fed will at least make all the banks and investors whole.

20 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

The CEO of American Airlines was on CNBC earlier.  Said the future of flying might be removing the middle seats but that will result in higher fares, which will cut down on passengers.  My reaction:

200.gif

As long  as all the other airlines make this move then it could work.  My guess is that there well be a few airlines looking to gain market share in key markets through lower prices and higher capacity.  Having worked in the industry, it is very difficult to raise prices and get the other airlines to follow along.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, EuroHorn said:

As long  as all the other airlines make this move then it could work.  My guess is that there well be a few airlines looking to gain market share in key markets through lower prices and higher capacity.  Having worked in the industry, it is very difficult to raise prices and get the other airlines to follow along.

Yeah, that entire industry is a perpetual race to the bottom on both price and quality of service.  One will try the distancing and another will go back to being Poor Air and they'll get all the revenue.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Yeah, that entire industry is a perpetual race to the bottom on both price and quality of service.  One will try the distancing and another will go back to being Poor Air and they'll get all the revenue.

I'm pretty much on the poor side of middle class, but fuck flying on Spirit. 

• Like 1