Iowa State Cyclones @ Texas Longhorns - 11AM on ABC [23-20 FINAL - Cyclones blow away Longhorns]

immamac

12 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

Big games in the pac12? Now I know you are trolling haha

Well not this year but overall it's more watchable than big12. Halftime during the Texas/TCU game I could tell this season was over, that was the last big12 game I really watched. 

Notice how every Texas game all season has gone to over time or came down to a last minute drive? What are the odds huh

• Fuck You 1

26 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Well not this year but overall it's more watchable than big12. Halftime during the Texas/TCU game I could tell this season was over, that was the last big12 game I really watched. 

Notice how every Texas game all season has gone to over time or came down to a last minute drive? What are the odds huh

You're a troll.  Go fuck yourself. 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

It was great untll the last 30 mins with less than :30 on the clock for all 50 reviews 

I can't remember which game I was watching last weekend, but obviously somebody (conference head of officials?  the league office?) had instructed the replay guys to have a look and make a decision tout suite, because each time they went to replay, the announcers would just be bringing in the "expert,' like Pereira or Blandino, Lemonnier, whoever, and as he's about to begin his dissertation, you'd hear over the PA "The ruling on the field stands."

First few times, guys in the booth were like WTF??

I think it might've been Ohio State/Indiana.  Whoever it was, it was hilarious.

Edited by Augustus

6 hours ago, Augustus said:

Tonight's Oregon/Oregon St game was pretty damn good.

Plus Herm Edwards is at least interesting and easy to root for at ASU.

Otherwise, yeah it's kinda like the undercard fights.

Yeah but that’s also a rivalry game so usually pretty good. Just generally speaking “big” games aren’t happening out west

The coaching decisions made in this game by Herman, particularly in the 4th quarter, were maybe the worst I’ve ever seen. I can kinda forgive going for it on 4th and 1 but the fake punt on 4th and 10 (to Brewer no less) was borderline criminal. Throwing a bomb into a triple covered Jake Smith on 2nd and 5 when all we need to do is run out the clock is a mistake that a Pop Warner coach wouldn’t make. Every time we gave Bijan the ball he made something happen. And in true Herman fashion, we immediately stopped running the ball for the entire 2nd half. We now know that he - not Tim Beck - is the one responsible for this.

Fire this fraud immediately. Doesn’t matter if we get Urban or not. Getting rid of Herman will improve our chance to win a conference title in the future.

Edited by Auto Driller
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 2

I just saw Matt Campbell crying in his post game interview. He was crying like they didn’t beat us last year too. 

This was the biggest win in school history. I realize that seems laughable from your perspective, but his emotion wasn’t about beating Texas. It was about overcoming 100 years of shit.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, taybo20 said:

Just don’t get completely shafted in the championship game

1 hour ago, Al_4_ISU said:

OU is on a freaking tear. I’m glad we’ll get an extra week to prepare, but I’m not terribly confident.

Hell, before that you'd better watch out for the Mountaineers and not screw the pooch.  Brown is (to me) a very good young coach and he'll have that team ready to go, and they have a better defense than Texas.  They would have beat our asses (so what else is new?) if Doege didn't panic on the last WVa play and overlead the receiver on an easy 6 crossing route - also that was about the stupidest call I've seen this year, they clearly would have rolled over our asses on the ground on that 4th down, ate up more clock, and easily scored, but whatever).  I'm sorta leaning toward WVa to win.  Very easy to let down for you guys.

Nevertheless, congratulations, ISU is a terrific team (all the bullshit I've heard this week about "Texas is finally on a roll, they have more talent than ISU, time to smash them and get a huge lead like they're supposed to," completely and cluelessly assumes that ISU is "just ISU" and not themselves evolved into a formidable team, better than Texas (they weren't 5 spots ahead of them in the polls for nothing). ISU is a better team than even last year, better in all aspects than Texas this year, and will continue to be so if Campbell stays.  He's the 2nd best coach in the XII after Riley (who is the best coach, period, hands down, no matter who he coaches - it hurts like a bitch to watch that guy turn players into monsters, and even the defense is better than his early years, which might have given him an elusive playoff victory.  Best hope is that he goes to the Cowboys soon or else OU will continue to pile up CC's/  We sure ain't gonna win shit at least for the next 2 years, whoever our coach is).

Anyway, watch out for WVa - they're better than 2 weeks ago and could easily upset ISU.  Hope not.
OU?  Possible skullfuck, though I think Campbell will scheme them into "only" maybe 34-37 points.  That's what ISU would have to score to be in the game IMHO.

Edited by phdhorn
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

Hell, before that you'd better watch out for the Mountaineers and not screw the pooch.  Brown is (to me) a very good young coach and he'll have that team ready to go, and they have a better defense than Texas.  They would have beat our asses (so what else is new?) if Doege didn't panic on the last WVa play and overlead the receiver on an easy 6 crossing route - also that was about the stupidest call I've seen this year, they clearly would have rolled over our asses on the ground on that 4th down, ate up more clock, and easily scored, but whatever).  I'm sorta leaning toward WVa to win.  Very easy to let down for you guys.

Nevertheless, congratulations, ISU is a terrific team (all the bullshit I've heard this week about "Texas is finally on a roll, they have more talent than ISU, time to smash them and get a huge lead like they're supposed to," completely and cluelessly assumes that ISU is "just ISU" and not themselves evolved into a formidable team, better than Texas (they weren't 5 spots ahead of them in the polls for nothing). ISU is a better team than even last year, better in all aspects than Texas this year, and will continue to be so if Campbell stays.  He's the 2nd best coach in the XII after Riley (who is the best coach, period, hands down, no matter who he coaches.

Anyway, watch out for WVa - they're better than 2 weeks ago and could easily upset ISU.  Hope not.
OU?  Possible skullfuck, though I think Campbell will scheme them into "only" maybe 34-37 points.  That's what ISU would have to score to be in the game IMHO.

I'm not overlooking WVU at all.  It's just at this point we can lose to them and it would still take a miracle for us to not make the CCG.

It requires you guys losing to Kansas.  I realize you all probably think that's realistic right, but it's not. 

I wouldn't be shocked at all if we lose to them.

1 hour ago, Auto Driller said:

The coaching decisions made in this game by Herman, particularly in the 4th quarter, were maybe the worst I’ve ever seen. I can kinda forgive going for it on 4th and 1 but the fake punt on 4th and 10 (to Brewer no less) was borderline criminal. Throwing a bomb into a triple covered Jake Smith on 2nd and 5 when all we need to do is run out the clock is a mistake that a Pop Warner coach wouldn’t make. Every time we gave Bijan the ball he made something happen. And in true Herman fashion, we immediately stopped running the ball for the entire 2nd half. We now know that he - not Tim Beck - is the one responsible for this.

Fire this fraud immediately. Doesn’t matter if we get Urban or not. Getting rid of Herman will improve our chance to win a conference title in the future.

Herman was playing 3D chess in a game of Chinese checkers.

1 minute ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I'm not overlooking WVU at all.  It's just at this point we can lose to them and it would still take a miracle for us to not make the CCG.

It requires you guys losing to Kansas.  I realize you all probably think that's realistic right, but it's not. 

I wouldn't be shocked at all if we lose to them.

You have the inside track to the CCG for sure, but it's not 100% yet.

There is a scenario that if you lose to WVa and the Oklahoma schools win out, ISU would be eliminated (because you would have lost to the highest standing team in the 1-1 round robin between the 3 of you... which would be WVa (which the other two would have beaten).  But if they beat OU then forget it.  Anyway yeah you're really there if you beat WVa.  If not... ooh, it gets a little tricky.  Just win vs. WVa and it's 100% for you all.

LOL Kansas?  Ripe for a loss up there, don't underestimate Turtle Tom's ability to play down.  And I'm serious.  KU will probably all toke up before the game and play loose.

BTW they had the percentages of the Top 4 teams getting to the CC, something like OU about 97%, ISU about 85%, Okie Light like 48%... and Texas, 1%!!1!!11!

We're still in it, bitches!  I expect Tom to spend about 14 minutes on that Monday at the presser.  

9 hours ago, Augustus said:

Oh hi there.

15049296.jpeg

Hey two teams that are in consideration for the CFP

How many big 12 teams are there that are being considered?

While the Gators did lose to the sheep fuckers this year, they beat everyone else and are getting a playoff spot if they can beat bammer.

• Fuck You 1

Well another year of mediocrity.  I guess the good news is the program even with its anemic performance still is about to finish off a wonderful stadium expansion.  

I like Herman in general, but performance counts. Charlie Strong for example found a lot fewer tools int he toolbox than Herman inherited, IMHO.  I also think of the number of quality players that did not fit the Herman culture, pretty damn good players that might have made a difference.  I KNOW can't keep all the kids, but the Herman attrition (going form my old man memory) was more than I expected, especially among the big uglies that are so very, very difficult to replace in a single year. Memory could be faulty here, if so please correct if you think I am wrong.

Honestly I have never almost in my entire life seen a team so able to shoot itself in the foot repeatedly.  Right down to the final second of this game, where we take a dumb as shit sack.  And I truly, truly love Sam, but decision making counts.  How do you get to the one yard line, and not put up 7?  How does your "high powered" offense put up so many 3's that should be 7's?  How does your defense sustain drives time and again with penalties? More importantly if our defense is the "weaker" unit, isn't it the RESPONSIBILITY of the offense to sustain drives and give that defense rest?

I love the potential this team has, I hate the fucking stupidity.

It's wonderful to be able to mount a comeback, and provide even near miracle comebacks.  But there is a reason that comebacks are so exciting, they are the LEAST LIKELY OUTCOME! We have some real talent on this team.  If we actually could play without shooting ourselves repeatedly in the foot, we might have been pretty good this year.   But what is the path going forward?  Damned if I know.  Discipline and NOT making mistakes, especially penalties (often preventable) put teams in the best chance to play from AHEAD!!!!!!  Fuck comebacks, I want domination! and we are a long, long, long way removed from that.  Sad thing is we can look so dominant on minute, and then a second later look so fragile.

Edited by horn4life

31 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Hey two teams that are in consideration for the CFP

How many big 12 teams are there that are being considered?

While the Gators did lose to the sheep fuckers this year, they beat everyone else and are getting a playoff spot if they can beat bammer.

“If they can beat bammer”

hahahahahahahahahaha...deep breath...hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

I’ve only read this page of the game thread, so I apologize if this has been brought up 69x already, but did we throw any passes in between the hashes?  I think it was Sam’s freshman year where the only passes we trusted him to throw were screens and bombs down the sideline because those were the least likely to get picked off.  Well it seems like our game plan regressed back to that.  Was ISU just not giving us any room in the middle of the field, or did Tom think that this game plan was the best way to beat them?  Our WRs are unable to get separation from any DB, which has been proven in several games this year, so what did Tom see that he thought this was the way to win?

I was just thinking, if Mensa Tom is using “analytics” to decide to go for a fake punt on 4th-and-whatever at the whatever yard line, wouldn’t the ISU coaching staff also have access to the same analytics and be like “get ready for the fake punt”?

• Like 1

I’ve only read this page of the game thread, so I apologize if this has been brought up 69x already, but did we throw any passes in between the hashes?  I think it was Sam’s freshman year where the only passes we trusted him to throw were screens and bombs down the sideline because those were the least likely to get picked off.  Well it seems like our game plan regressed back to that.  Was ISU just not giving us any room in the middle of the field, or did Tom think that this game plan was the best way to beat them?  Our WRs are unable to get separation from any DB, which has been proven in several games this year, so what did Tom see that he thought this was the way to win?
Tried what may have been a slant. It was wide open. Ball batted down at LOS. Never saw it again. Nothing too Wiley in the middle.

People are harping on the sack before the field goal. But the biggest issue was not using the middle of the field on 1st and 2nd downs with a timeout left. The two throws were to the sidelines. Little to no room there so my guess is there was space between the hashes.

3 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

4 possessions 30 plays for 116 yards 0 points.  That's what the offense did after scoring early in the 2nd half.  I believe the first of 4 drives started 6 mins into the 3rd qtr.  

And this happens all the time. The team seems to be sleepwalking for big chunks of the game.

Also, from midway through the 1st qtr until half, we had 11 plays for 40 yards.  

So, 6 mins in until half + 6 mins in until the end of the game (~ 3 full qtrs), that's 6 drives 41 plays 156 yards 0 points.  

Yes, I realize I'm cherry-picking; however, there are quite a few other examples throughout the year of this kind of crap.  

To add, this is in the Big 12, with a preseason Heisman QB candidate, a pretty experienced OL, at least above-average skill players AND really not any major injuries unless you want to count Wittingham.

Edited by Knoxtnhorn