RNC paid $42 million to mystery company

Gil Bang

3 hours ago, Chooky said:

I'm starting to feel like some of these guys might not be on the level.  

It really is a shame that the TV News outlets approach so many stories in a very shallow way. Recall when it was reported that Trump's campaign was nearly broke and had burned through a billion dollars. This story came out after the news of Parscale's huge personal expenditures while running the campaign.

The TV media largely went with how the GOP had bumbled and misspent the money. Many of us around here believed it was likely theft. There was already evidence of a crooked campaign. Why not pursue the theft angle with vigor instead of lazily assuming it's just a poorly run campaign?

Trump has hundreds of millions in debt to shady foreign interests.

He wanted the news to get out that his campaign was broke prior to the election to encourage more donations from those persons who believe he is persecuted and out to save us all. You can imagine a tearful Trumpist forgoing getting elective medical care for a child so that the money can be sent to dear leader.

Now look at Trump collecting more than a hundred million from the rubes after losing the goddamn election.

It's always been robbery and graft. He is surely replacing solid public servants with cronies for either money or to help him elude prosecution. His Justice Department liaison was banned from the premises for demanding to see evidence that's been/being collected for use against members of the administration.

Trump should be speedily impeached and prosecuted again to get his sorry, criminal, traitorous ass out of the White House ASAP. Hold a half day of hearings. Vote and send it to the Senate. Enumerate Trump's current crimes against the interestes of the USA and the Constitution and see if the GOPs can claim it doesn't rise to the level of impeachment/conviction.

The timid Dems won't try it, but I would. Get this in the open. Do not be intimidated by the anti-democratic forces supposedly ready to get violent.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

It really is a shame that the TV News outlets approach so many stories in a very shallow way. Recall when it was reported that Trump's campaign was nearly broke and had burned through a billion dollars. This story came out after the news of Parscale's huge personal expenditures while running the campaign.

The TV media largely went with how the GOP had bumbled and misspent the money. Many of us around here believed it was likely theft. There was already evidence of a crooked campaign. Why not pursue the theft angle with vigor instead of lazily assuming it's just a poorly run campaign?

He wanted the news to get out that his campaign was broke prior to the election to encourage more donations from those persons who believe he is persecuted and out to save us all. You can imagine a tearful Trumpist forgoing getting elective medical care for a child so that the money can be sent to dear leader.

Now look at Trump collecting more than a hundred million from the rubes after losing the goddamn election.

It's always been robbery and graft. He is surely replacing solid public servants with cronies for either money or to help him elude prosecution. His Justice Department liaison was banned from the premises for demanding to see evidence that's been/being collected for use against members of the administration.

Trump should be speedily impeached and prosecuted again to get his sorry, criminal, traitorous ass out of the White House ASAP. Hold a half day of hearings. Vote and send it to the Senate. Enumerate Trump's current crimes against the interestes of the USA and the Constitution and see if the GOPs can claim it doesn't rise to the level of impeachment/conviction.

The timid Dems won't try it, but I would. Get this in the open. Do not be intimidated by the anti-democratic forces supposedly ready to get violent.

If the Dems don't do it, very likely it will come back and destroy the country.  Cancer doesn't regress on its own, it kills the host.  If Democrats really want to serve the nation and preserve it for posterity, they'll do the right thing and prosecute the spreaders and amputate where necessary.  Biden, you were elected to lead, and your VP was a DA. Release her to hunt.  

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

TV media is a joke for the most part. It could devote itself to serious investigative inquiry, but the corporate advertisers that buy space in the airtime--why would they wish to expose themselves to the microscope of such inquiry or the vitriol of cancel culture loving Americans (regardless of political persuasion, someone will be outraged). The shows have their comfy pillows, their niche and they aren't going to go beyond that safe space. Print media has similarly suffered and is taking its last gasps of oxygen before succumbing.

We are purveyors of flashing lights, loud noises, and fascinations at the biggest carnival on earth. Our attention spans, never long, have been shortened to the point that holding a critical thought for that brief moment that the "hey, wait a minute!" synapse doesn't spark, much less create a connection. The mental midgets of the midway.

Whether by design or simply attrition, the journalism departments at many higher ed institutions have been abandoned or folded into mass communication departments and the thorough dedicated methods of how to approach a topic or story are slowly disappearing. As those faculty that instruct, inform, and inculcate retire and are not replaced, there will be little institutional or public memory for such a thing. Adding to this a figurehead leader who knows how to disrupt, disorganize, and discombobulate traditional journalistic treatments has expedited the process. We are rapidly approaching, or have already passed without realizing it, the point of no return. Lord help us all.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Adding to the above comments, I didn't even approach the shrinking ownership of media outlets that is monopolistic or the added intrusion of foreign entities into our broadcasting and news sources. All troubling, all quietly trending upward. Not a good mix in a democratic republic where transparency and a free press are essential.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I care about Trump ripping off taxpayers more broadly to fund his golf trips or stays at his properties for close personal friends.

I do not care about him or the GOP ripping off their supporters. They're all either complicit or idiots, or both.

Tell me why I'm wrong.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Mdhorn said:

If the Dems don't do it, very likely it will come back and destroy the country.  Cancer doesn't regress on its own, it kills the host.  If Democrats really want to serve the nation and preserve it for posterity, they'll do the right thing and prosecute the spreaders and amputate where necessary.  Biden, you were elected to lead, and your VP was a DA. Release her to hunt.  

You are correct. But unless Jawja flips, Moscow Mitch is going to roadblock any meaningful legislation and prosecution. You can not trust Republican senators to do the right thing since McCain passed away. He was their moral compass. Romney is probably the closest thing they have now, but he's nowhere near McCain.

2 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

TV media is a joke for the most part. It could devote itself to serious investigative inquiry, but the corporate advertisers that buy space in the airtime--why would they wish to expose themselves to the microscope of such inquiry or the vitriol of cancel culture loving Americans (regardless of political persuasion, someone will be outraged). The shows have their comfy pillows, their niche and they aren't going to go beyond that safe space. Print media has similarly suffered and is taking its last gasps of oxygen before succumbing.

We are purveyors of flashing lights, loud noises, and fascinations at the biggest carnival on earth. Our attention spans, never long, have been shortened to the point that holding a critical thought for that brief moment that the "hey, wait a minute!" synapse doesn't spark, much less create a connection. The mental midgets of the midway.

Whether by design or simply attrition, the journalism departments at many higher ed institutions have been abandoned or folded into mass communication departments and the thorough dedicated methods of how to approach a topic or story are slowly disappearing. As those faculty that instruct, inform, and inculcate retire and are not replaced, there will be little institutional or public memory for such a thing. Adding to this a figurehead leader who knows how to disrupt, disorganize, and discombobulate traditional journalistic treatments has expedited the process. We are rapidly approaching, or have already passed without realizing it, the point of no return. Lord help us all.

Great post. The TV giants feed on print journalism and then sit in their studios talking about somebody else's work. 

Journalists were also the keepers of language. Proper usage was key in making sure that you don't say something you can't support with reporting. I've lamented the loss of copy editors for so many mainstream electronic media outlets. I would remember newspaper language as the proper way to say something. I mimiced it. Now, you can't be too sure about papers and the news networks are saying things correctly.

Sports language becomes a source for the masses. Sporgts broadcasters are largely dull speakers at best when they're not spouting the array of cliches we all just accept. For instance, they have no idea what mano means when they say two guys are going at it mano y mano in the shadow of the endzone.

They've turned mano a mano (hand to hand as in combat) into hand and hand which suggests the players are flirting. Mano doesn't mean man, dumbass. Oh, and how does the endzone cast a shadow? It's the ground, you idiot! And they won't change because they're hostile to any sign of intelligence which is for fancy boys.

The process is slower on news TV, but it's there. Incredible has lost its meaning other than a form of very. I've heard people described as incredibly honest. Try a new descriptive word.

I'm not asking for genius. I just don't want to get any dumber than I am by listening in.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, berlinerbaer said:

I care about Trump ripping off taxpayers more broadly to fund his golf trips or stays at his properties for close personal friends.

I do not care about him or the GOP ripping off their supporters. They're all either complicit or idiots, or both.

Tell me why I'm wrong.

Agreed.  I feel bad for Joe redneck that donates $20 here and there and buys a $50 flag... But not really.  Actually it's kind of funny.  Idiots gonna idiot.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, berlinerbaer said:

Tell me why I'm wrong.

Money corrupts our political system. Outright bribery by these means makes us an unashamed kleptocracy.

You've run two things together: not caring about Trumpists (yay) so not caring about corrupting the political process (boo!).

You have every right and reason to despise Trumpists and not care that they waster their money on people working against their interests.

Adding to the above comments, I didn't even approach the shrinking ownership of media outlets that is monopolistic or the added intrusion of foreign entities into our broadcasting and news sources. All troubling, all quietly trending upward. Not a good mix in a democratic republic where transparency and a free press are essential.

This X 1000
  • Like 1

Remember when Trump had over 100 million to spend on the inauguration (roughly double what's usually spent), and tens of millions of dollars just sort of disappeared into untraceable shell corporations? 

Earlier this year, Trump had a billion (!!!) dollars to spend on his re-election campaign... and tens/hundreds of millions vaporized into that same ether. 

Now we see another 42 million from the RNC to Junior's corporation.

In the month since the election, Trump has raised over 200 million (!!!!) by urging supporters to overturn this massive "fraud."

We are the most banana of all the banana republics.  The amount of straight-up-cash that has been diverted into offshore accounts by Trump and his insiders... it's just mind-blowing.

BTW, a few weeks ago I was having a political discussion with a Trump-supporting friend, and I asked him to tell me the things Trump has done as president that he supports.  His answer?  "He drained the swamp."

Great post. The TV giants feed on print journalism and then sit in their studios talking about somebody else's work. 
Journalists were also the keepers of language. Proper usage was key in making sure that you don't say something you can't support with reporting. I've lamented the loss of copy editors for so many mainstream electronic media outlets. I would remember newspaper language as the proper way to say something. I mimiced it. Now, you can't be too sure about papers and the news networks are saying things correctly.
Sports language becomes a source for the masses. Sporgts broadcasters are largely dull speakers at best when they're not spouting the array of cliches we all just accept. For instance, they have no idea what mano means when they say two guys are going at it mano y mano in the shadow of the endzone.
They've turned mano a mano (hand to hand as in combat) into hand and hand which suggests the players are flirting. Mano doesn't mean man, dumbass. Oh, and how does the endzone cast a shadow? It's the ground, you idiot! And they won't change because they're hostile to any sign of intelligence which is for fancy boys.
The process is slower on news TV, but it's there. Incredible has lost its meaning other than a form of very. I've heard people described as incredibly honest. Try a new descriptive word.
I'm not asking for genius. I just don't want to get any dumber than I am by listening in.

Our sensationalism has been bombastic for a while now. Ben Shapiro DESTROYS Libs!!!

Every time I hear someone OWNED someone else, it harkens back to me remembering counterstrike/Quake games and hearing some pre-pubescent boy trash talk. That is in the modern lexicon now even if it is getting a bit dated.

Debates are all theater and the forum is horrible for conveying information. Yet we eat that shit up as a voting population. Competency is tangental, style, charisma, and funding is what actually matters.

This seems the natural course though considering the decisions made previously within this country.

8 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

Remember when Trump had over 100 million to spend on the inauguration (roughly double what's usually spent), and tens of millions of dollars just sort of disappeared into untraceable shell corporations? 

Earlier this year, Trump had a billion (!!!) dollars to spend on his re-election campaign... and tens/hundreds of millions vaporized into that same ether. 

In the month since the election, Trump has raised over 200 million (!!!!) by urging supporters to overturn this massive "fraud."

We are the most banana of all the banana republics.  The amount of straight-up-cash that has been diverted into offshore accounts by Trump and his insiders... it's just mind-blowing.

BTW, a few weeks ago I was having a political discussion with a Trump-supporting friend, and I asked him to tell me the things Trump has done as president that he supports.  His answer?  "He drained the swamp."

That came up in a sideways discussion in the Dan Crenshaw thread. It has been Trump's advantage as a populist that he was able to convince his supporters of this 'fight for the little guy' against the machine long enough that the propaganda, news bubbles, lies, and special effects (the show pieces like judges, a tax cut that benefited his friends and himself) made any self-awareness too uncomfortable to face.

3 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Our sensationalism has been bombastic for a while now. Ben Shapiro DESTROYS Libs!!!

Every time I hear someone OWNED someone else, it harkens back to me remembering counterstrike/Quake games and hearing some pre-pubescent boy trash talk. That is in the modern lexicon now even if it is getting a bit dated.

Debates are all theater and the forum is horrible for conveying information. Yet we eat that shit up as a voting population. Competency is tangental, style, charisma, and funding is what actually matters.

This seems the natural course though considering the decisions made previously within this country.

Charisma is important, though, in terms of knowing the audience. I consider Katie Porter to be charismatic because she can convey information and competency in a charismatic manner and that delivery varies depending upon if she is in a House session or a Zoom call; I've listened to her in both. IMO, someone does not have to be a '10' to be charismatic and engaging with listening audiences. I do like to watch debates in a general sense--learning if someone can answer an unexpected question, for example, but otherwise I agree with you.

1 hour ago, Paul Wesley said:

Get a new friend.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Brandywine said:

The Republicans get away with everything and think they’re the only ones being mistreated. 

they lie, talk louder, repeat, bloat, gloat, complain, whine and lie some more. 

Americans have simply lost any ability to play poker in the wild. We made playing poker a TV star profession for fuck sake. But reading the actions and behaviors of fucks in public life is what? not possible? wtf happened to basic perception. completely fucking gone. 

or its just a death cult. 

whatever it is its very dangerous. gangs of cowards who can't tell right from wrong is USA USA. it ain't good is. 

Edited by staboner

7 hours ago, Nivek said:

Ask politely in what universe does hiring lobbyists drain the swamp?  Then ask him if it's fine to pocket campaign contributions while hiding his taxes and bragging he didn't pay taxes because he's smart.  Also, I'd bet him that Melania divorces DOTARD within a year upon leaving office and why not, she got her parents citizenship and was able to swing a bunch of trademarks in China she was formerly denied.  More swamp draining.  Also I'd ask him if Trump gets a pardon before he leaves office since draining the swamp seems to involve pardoning convicted criminals and past crimes.