Desantis is a POS and needs his own thread

Gil Bang

So Florida is in the middle of an unimaginable tragedy. Instead of being there in Surfside doing whatever he can he's holding a presser in Pennsacola so that he can send Florida officers to a state where they have no jurisdiction and aren't coordinated with any federal agencies so that they can harass brown people? Surfside could have used those officers if only to support and console families, but I guess his presidential aspirations are more important than digging people out of the rubble. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sawbonz said:

He’s soon to be right in TFG’s crosshairs

So, let me get this straight.  DeSantis has REFUSED Biden/Federal help with Surfside...which has contributed to the delays on the search and rescue, which has prompted international teams to come in paid by donors.  In addition, he NOW asks Trump to not hold a rally thinking that he will what, appear to Trump's better nature?  Oh, and my third point, DeSantis is 42.  I am 43.  He is a rough looking 42.

That is all.

• Hook 'Em 1

Trump being this fucking tone deaf and/or coming into conflict with DeSantis actually could hurt the GOP with moderates/independents in a state that keeps squeaking out tiny margins in statewide races.

DeSantis won by 33,000 votes against a black guy in 2018.  Trump won by less than 375,000 votes last year.

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Trump being this fucking tone deaf and/or coming into conflict with DeSantis actually could hurt the GOP with moderates/independents in a state that keeps squeaking out tiny margins in statewide races.

DeSantis won by 33,000 votes against a black guy in 2018.  Trump won by less than 375,000 votes last year.

Florida is only getting dumber. They’ll be run by a bunch of MTGs soon enough.

4 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

He’s soon to be right in TFG’s crosshairs

hopefully they kill off each other

Trump’s post-presidency operation is led by Susie Wiles, a former top Trump campaign official who was recruited to lead his political operations earlier this year. Wiles, a veteran political strategist in the Sunshine State, led Trump’s Florida team in the 2016 general election and DeSantis’s 2018 campaign for governor before the relationship soured.

"There's a huge rift between the DeSantis and Trump [camps]," a source said, pointing directly to the conflict over the rally. (Like others interviewed for this piece, the source was granted anonymity to speak candidly.)

Guest Lobo
22 minutes ago, woohorn said:

Slightly OT, but why the fuck would federal government pay all costs for the first 30 days of this local building collapse? Is the pro-israel lobby really THAT powerful?

Same reason FEMA sometimes pays for shit after a tornado.  

Also, I'm taking bets.  How long until DeSantis gets death threats for sitting next to Biden and looking appreciative?  

Edited by Lobo

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

Same reason FEMA sometimes pays for shit after a tornado.  

Also, I'm taking bets.  How long until DeSantis gets death threats for sitting next to Biden and looking appreciative?  

he looked more than appreciative, he looked relieved and glad someone else was taking responsibility. guessing desantis has no idea how to actually respond to a crisis - at least one that is not of his own making

8 minutes ago, Lobo said:

7 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

he looked more than appreciative, he looked relieved and glad someone else was taking responsibility. guessing desantis has no idea how to actually respond to a crisis - at least one that is not of his own making

It's extremely curious that DeSantis would do this on the (somewhat) eve of a Trump rally in Florida.  He will definitely be catching some shit, and could even catch some from Trump, because Miller and Don Jr. will make sure Trump hears and sees this.

But if DeSantis puts aside the partisan bullshit for once, he maybe fully cognizant that this is the canary in the coal mine, and Florida could be facing some major costs as buildings up and down the coasts get examined.  

And DeSantis is facing two interconnected problems - a shitload of his voters are going to be scared/concerned for their own buildings for safety reasons, and a shitload of his donors are going to be scared/concerned for their properties/developments, for financial/legal reasons.

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

maga crowd will not like this one bit 

I previously said he was taking the Scott Walker presidential approach of looking good on paper and fizzling out in the primary.

Who knew I actually meant the Chris Christie approach of hugging Obama after Hurricane Sandy and then being DOA in the 2016 primary because of it. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Watch in real time as a sentient toupee realizes how an actual President behaves.

I don't understand. Why isn't the president throwing paper towels to the crowd, blaming radical conservatives, making this all about himself, and cracking jokes about how much it costs?

Edited by High Plains Drifter
  • Hook 'Em 2

28 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Something's up.  DeSantis is a scumbag; I don't know his angle is but he's up to no good. 

There's 160 dead people in a collapsed building, the biggest "crisis" of his career.  He's facing a shitload of Floridians that are extremely concerned about themselves, family, or friends in buildings up and down the coasts.

It's a fuck around and find out moment for him, and he seems to have grasped the gravity of the situation.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

There's 160 dead people in a collapsed building, the biggest "crisis" of his career.  He's facing a shitload of Floridians that are extremely concerned about themselves, family, or friends in buildings up and down the coasts.

It's a fuck around and find out moment for him, and he seems to have grasped the gravity of the situation.

harder to hide citizen deaths when the lot of them are buried under collapsed building rubble.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

harder to hide citizen deaths when the lot of them are buried under collapsed building rubble.

Oh you’re still a Florida covid hoax believer? Shocking. 

3 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Something's up.  DeSantis is a scumbag; I don't know his angle is but he's up to no good. 

He’a a politician. This is basic stuff check the box stuff that Trump’s mental shortcomings wouldn’t allow him to carry out. 

• Fuck You 1

Guest Lobo

Let me guess, dicknose...a lot of the victims would have died of cancer or heart disease and the collapsing structure was just a mitigating factor?

Trump has no mental shortcomings.  But his supporters do.  Which makes you...........shit, fuck.  I dunno.  

32 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

He’a a politician. This is basic stuff check the box stuff that Trump’s mental shortcomings wouldn’t allow him to carry out. 

I'm honestly surprised Ivanka and Jared didn't talk him Trump of the Florida rally, but he may not be talking to them much, and I could see Don Jr. telling him to go full-speed ahead.