Desantis is a POS and needs his own thread

Gil Bang

2 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Desantis only won by ~33,000 votes.

Florida has had almost 63,000 dead because of COVID. And I believe that number is significantly higher because of data fudging that went on there.

Florida is actually one of the few states that could actually be swung because OmicRON voters have died off at a big enough number to make really close races even closer.

How many of those are R though? Before the vax, I'm guessing deaths were about 50/50 R/D. probably more than half are before vax, so that cuts it to say 32,000 dead. After the vax, most are probably R, but how many? two thirds (R's dying at twice the rate as D's)? that cuts it to ~20K dead R's, ~10K dead D's. Which means only a net of 10K lost for the R's.

My numbers are best guesses, but the point is, I wouldn't count on covid deaths making much of a difference in the next presidential elections.

1 hour ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Y’all talk about these Covid deaths, but they’re vastly outnumbered by the population growth in Florida. You know, the population growth in large part caused by DeSantis’ philosophy and policies. 

Interesting take, Sparky.

This is going to be so awesome. Make no mistake about it: DeSantis is absolutely the next big thing in the GOP. All of my R voting friends with a little money have been giddy about his prospects for 2024. All the tax breaks, cronyism, and faux outrage culture wars of today's Trumpy GOP in a more suburban women palatable package.

I'd put money on the GOP power brokers not wanting Trump to run, so they can put a better face on their pretty fucked up agenda.

But Trump is going to Leeroy Jenkins this shit.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, aggie08 said:

This is an amazing way to put this and my god I can’t wait. I want to watch him burn it all to the ground in the last hour. I will cackle like a goddam crazy person if it goes down like I imagine it could. 

17 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

How many of those are R though? Before the vax, I'm guessing deaths were about 50/50 R/D. probably more than half are before vax, so that cuts it to say 32,000 dead. After the vax, most are probably R, but how many? two thirds (R's dying at twice the rate as D's)? that cuts it to ~20K dead R's, ~10K dead D's. Which means only a net of 10K lost for the R's.

My numbers are best guesses, but the point is, I wouldn't count on covid deaths making much of a difference in the next presidential elections.

the info is out there, somewhat, and it's fairly easy to discern. if you have been paying attention at all the last 2+ you know that Florida is WAY underreporting their covid deaths. But take them their word, that there have been ~63k deaths (I find this laughable), then one could then look at the national data to start deducing the ratios. Article after article and study after study have shown that counties that went for TFG 60% or higher have 2.5-2.78x the death rate from covid than biden counties. That would mean that between 45,000 and 46,333 of those reported 63k deaths are GOP card carriers. My guess is it's WAY worse than that.

• Hook 'Em 1

Desantis is a known quantity this election and voters' opinion of his performance the last three years will have an impact much greater than the net gain/(loss) of 2018 voters. Plus he'll be running without TFG's endorsement and possibly against some LeeRoy Jenkins kamikaze sabotage.

But I suppose mental masturbation is kinda what we do around here.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Genco said:

Desantis is a known quantity this election and voters' opinion of his performance the last three years will have an impact much greater than the net gain/(loss) of 2018 voters. Plus he'll be running without TFG's endorsement and possibly against some LeeRoy Jenkins kamikaze sabotage.

Yeah, the primary registration runs up through July 25 - plenty of time for Trump to get more pissed at him and find a Florida version of Don Huffines to run against him, and then keep it up in the general.

Trump knows he'd probably win Florida in '24 as well, so he gives no fucks if he decides to end DeSantis's political career this year, even if it tosses the election to a Democrat.  Hell, even better - Trump gets to tell the party that DeSantis couldn't win his own state, but Trump can.

It's great that some Republicans are starting to turn on Trump, but fuck them, they waited way too long.

11 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yeah, the primary registration runs up through July 25 - plenty of time for Trump to get more pissed at him and find a Florida version of Don Huffines to run against him, and then keep it up in the general.

Trump knows he'd probably win Florida in '24 as well, so he gives no fucks if he decides to end DeSantis's political career this year, even if it tosses the election to a Democrat.  Hell, even better - Trump gets to tell the party that DeSantis couldn't win his own state, but Trump can.

It's great that some Republicans are starting to turn on Trump, but fuck them, they waited way too long.

Hell, once huffines loses to Abbott in the Texas primary he can just move to Florida and run for governor there. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

Hell, once huffines loses to Abbott in the Texas primary he can just move to Florida and run for governor there. 

Huffines should fit right in in Florida.  Take away the hat and the necktie, he already looks like a swamp creature.  

so i recently rewatched goodfellas, and i think the same thing is playing out in the republican party.

they are going to try and eat their own. right now, trump runs the ship, but there is grumbling. but more than that, there is ambition. and the ambition is going to eat itself up. we've seen this happen with the democratic party in the past, but not to this criminal degree. 

i mean, how many fucking crooks are there in the republican party?

desantis v trump. who wins?

we all do.

On 1/16/2022 at 4:58 PM, Immaculate Vibes said:

Y’all talk about these Covid deaths, but they’re vastly outnumbered by the population growth in Florida. You know, the population growth in large part caused by DeSantis’ philosophy and policies. 

DeSantis policy of warm weather and sunshine and close proximity to the ocean is truly brilliant. Why, it's so brilliant that people have been moving to Florida in droves since the early 1950s...That's before he DeSantis was even born! 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

DeSantis policy of warm weather and sunshine and close proximity to the ocean is truly brilliant. Why, it's so brilliant that people have been moving to Florida in droves since the early 1950s...That's before he DeSantis was even born! 

Hyman_Roth_GF2.jpg

(yeah, yeah, i know this picture is from cuba, but it's our friend in miami)

• Hook 'Em 1

Ventured into the dark abyss of texags politics board this morning and was floored at how many people seem to be choosing Desantis over Trump.  Genuinely had no idea Ron had cultivated such a following.

I'm sure these fucks will back down as soon as Trump regains his full bully pulpit, but still surprising.

2 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Ventured into the dark abyss of texags politics board this morning and was floored at how many people seem to be choosing Desantis over Trump.  Genuinely had no idea Ron had cultivated such a following.

I'm sure these fucks will back down as soon as Trump regains his full bully pulpit, but still surprising.

his covid stance has been...well...attractive to a certain demographic.

also, i don't know how anyone looks at that dude and takes him seriously. he is a vacuous waste of space. i don't care about his ivy league bona fides. i wouldn't hire him to take out my garbage.

48 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

so i recently rewatched goodfellas, and i think the same thing is playing out in the republican party.

they are going to try and eat their own. right now, trump runs the ship, but there is grumbling. but more than that, there is ambition. and the ambition is going to eat itself up. we've seen this happen with the democratic party in the past, but not to this criminal degree. 

i mean, how many fucking crooks are there in the republican party?

desantis v trump. who wins?

we all do.

only if one of them tries to break off and run 3rd party.

On 1/16/2022 at 6:54 PM, aggie08 said:

This is going to be so awesome. Make no mistake about it: DeSantis is absolutely the next big thing in the GOP. All of my R voting friends with a little money have been giddy about his prospects for 2024. All the tax breaks, cronyism, and faux outrage culture wars of today's Trumpy GOP in a more suburban women palatable package.

I'd put money on the GOP power brokers not wanting Trump to run, so they can put a better face on their pretty fucked up agenda.

They’re all turning on Trump.  And they all know it could get really ugly.  Trump will absolutely buttfuck any R candidate into oblivion if he feels slighted.  And he’s always feeling slighted.  It’s gonna be great to watch.  

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

i wouldn't hire him to take out my garbage.

Really?  I’d definitely hire him for that.  I’d get cheap trash bags and fill them with diapers full of babies I’ve fed too much Indian food to.  Let the trash juice flow.  Because fuck Desantis.  

edit: yes the diapers would be full of actual babies.  Abortion demagoguery and all…

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2