Desantis is a POS and needs his own thread

Gil Bang

8 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Ventured into the dark abyss of texags politics board this morning and was floored at how many people seem to be choosing Desantis over Trump.  Genuinely had no idea Ron had cultivated such a following.

I'm sure these fucks will back down as soon as Trump regains his full bully pulpit, but still surprising.

It's not that Ron cultivated that following, it's that Trump pissed off a bunch of TexAgs posters when he pushed the vaccines and the booster.

Not to judge a woman by her appearance but if she's gonna throw her lot in with these fucksticks and put up a modeling profile to curry favor with them...may I suggest a modeling photograph that doesn't have her in a frumpy turtleneck and a look on her face that says, "God, I wanna fuck that giant thumb over there!  Oh wait, that's the Governor.  Either way..."

Edited by Lobo

https://www.wmfe.org/pino-put-on-leave-for-encouraging-orange-county-department-of-health-employees-to-get-vaccinated/195298

Orange County Medical Director Dr. Raul Pino wrote an email to staff on Jan. 4th encouraging them to get vaccinated and boosted for COVID-19.

In it he wrote, “I have a hard time understanding how we can be in public health and not practice it.”

In an email to WMFE, the Florida Department of Health has confirmed Pino was put on leave because, “the decision to get vaccinated is a personal choice that should be free from coercion and mandates from employers.”

Florida DOH says it’s even conducting an inquiry into whether any laws were broken by sending the email.

Republican Governor Ron DeSantis has banned vaccine mandates in the workplace, and the state has seen a surge in Omicron cases.

I'd be curious to hear from noted first amendment experts @Bravoor @TurkeyChew on this violation of a doctor's right to free speech. Since ya know, he's being punished by the state and threatened with prosecution for offering his opinion

Edit: just noticed the other link died. Here some other local reporting on it

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/coronavirus/os-ne-raul-pino-administrative-leave-20220118-urh66o22kre2voe3kockmfoz3q-story.html

Edited by Captainant
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

I'd be curious to hear from noted first amendment experts @Bravoor @TurkeyChew on this violation of a doctor's right to free speech. Since ya know, he's being punished by the state and threatened with prosecution for offering his opinion

Edit: just noticed the other link died. Here some other local reporting on it

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/coronavirus/os-ne-raul-pino-administrative-leave-20220118-urh66o22kre2voe3kockmfoz3q-story.html

I would like to read the entire email he sent, but I generally agree that a doctor shouldn't be punished by the state for simply speaking out. 

What I would also be curious about is what the law is around coercion and what constitutes a reasonable definition of coercion. I don't think he's "threatened with prosecution" as much as being investigated to see if the line was crossed. My personal opinion is it wasn't, but by using derisive language and being in a position of power, I guess the powers that be think a line was toed?

Here is the excerpt I saw that was questionable:

“I am sorry but in the absence of reasonable and real reasons it is irresponsible not to be vaccinated,” Pino wrote in the email, according to the TV report. “We have been at this for two years, we were the first to give vaccines to the masses, we have done more than 300,000 and we are not even at 50% pathetic

I guess the argument is that someone who is talking like this would discriminate against or treat unequally where a mandate and coercion is illegal. Me personally I think it's being too touchy and sensitive.

What are your thoughts @Captainant?

• Fuck You 1

4 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Oh fuck is this when tfg finally starts releasing his dirt on people? I've been waiting for that

Roger Stone dishing some dirt?  Yeah, could be Dotard starting to put out the dirt.  We've had a little Cold War between Trump and DeSantis the past few weeks, so it would be good to see it flare up.

I'm guessing he's going to invite himself to CPAC 2022, because there's no way he's going to let DeSantis, America's Governor, be the headliner when America's President is in the state.

5 hours ago, TurkeyChew said:

I guess the argument is that someone who is talking like this would discriminate against or treat unequally where a mandate and coercion is illegal. Me personally I think it's being too touchy and sensitive.

What are your thoughts @Captainant?

I think it's protected speech and he's being punished by desantis in an official capacity. It is irresponsible to not be vaccinated, and his comment using the trigger word "pathetic" is speaking about the states overall low vaccine uptake - which is a feather in desantis' cap and point of MAGA pride. Further, his admin is refusing to share the email with the public, which doesn't inspire confidence in the validity of this punative action.

This is what actual censorship looks like. The state is trying to punish and silence his expert medical opinion because it is counter to their pseudo-fascist governor's political goals.

For as much weeping and gnashing of teeth you've shown in the Rogan thread, I would've thought you'd be more concerned.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Captainant said:

I think it's protected speech and he's being punished by desantis in an official capacity. It is irresponsible to not be vaccinated, and his comment using the trigger word "pathetic" is speaking about the states overall low vaccine uptake - which is a feather in desantis' cap and point of MAGA pride. Further, his admin is refusing to share the email with the public, which doesn't inspire confidence in the validity of this punative action.

This is what actual censorship looks like. The state is trying to punish and silence his expert medical opinion because it is counter to their pseudo-fascist governor's political goals.

For as much weeping and gnashing of teeth you've shown in the Rogan thread, I would've thought you'd be more concerned.

You should know by now that his ilk has zero problem with blatant and overwhelming hypocrisy. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Captainant said:

I am more or less aligned with you on this situation. I guess that disappoints you to hear?

Where I have a nit is:

It is irresponsible to not be vaccinated, and his comment using the trigger word "pathetic" is speaking about the states overall low vaccine uptake

This is opinion and provocation, which can be good of course if it inspires action or causing someone to rethink their position.

I think the difference between the Rogan stuff and this case is that this guy is operating in an official government capacity, and in the framework (anti-mandates, etc.) that necessitates. Had he gone on a podcast or a radio show and told the public it's pathetic and irresponsible I think we would have a better case to defend this guy. But even as such, I tend to over-rotate and so I think this is B.S.

• Hook 'Em 1

DeSantis actually seems to be the kind of guy that would push back if you insulted his wife on national television.  Casey is smoking hot too, so that helps.

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

DeSantis actually seems to be the kind of guy that would push back if you insulted his wife on national television.  Casey is smoking hot too, so that helps.

Trump: Yeah, but does she still have her breasts?  People are out there talking about how she will probably lose them, if they didn't already cut them off.

10 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

“They need to teach them science, history. We need more civics and understanding of the U.S. Constitution

Things Ron never learned. 

"And now class, on to the 14th Amendment to the US Constitution"

"Uh, miss, what happened to the 13th Amendment?"

"The 13th doesn't exist, just like the 13th floor in buildings. It's bad luck so we skipped over that number."

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, elfenix said:

trying to pick a fight with the archdiocese of miami by being the biggest piece of shit possible.   

https://www.npr.org/2022/02/11/1080204887/gov-desantis-may-stop-florida-migrant-shelters-from-caring-for-unaccompanied-kid

Pissing off Cubans/Catholics.  That’s a bold strategy.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Pissing off Cubans/Catholics.  That’s a bold strategy.

My wife is Cuban and was generally pretty right wing/reliably Republican (it still comes out from time to time).  However, when Trump said Mexicans were all rapists she finally saw the light and started shifting left.  

• Like 1

trying to pick a fight with the archdiocese of miami by being the biggest piece of shit possible.   

https://www.npr.org/2022/02/11/1080204887/gov-desantis-may-stop-florida-migrant-shelters-from-caring-for-unaccompanied-kid

This is a perfect opportunity. Defy the law. Make the government arrest and imprison nuns and clerics.

Do it. Make them fucking play out the string of their cruelty.
  • Hook 'Em 2