Desantis is a POS and needs his own thread

Gil Bang

29 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

I seriously doubt most people care about their kids learning there are homosexuals in the world and what that means. This is all about the timing. 

Didn't the bill's sponsor come out and specifically say that kids learning about homosexuals was a problem when asked why this bill specifically targeted homosexuals?

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, F250 said:

Didn't the bill's sponsor come out and specifically say that kids learning about homosexuals was a problem when asked why this bill specifically targeted homosexuals?

Starts about 1:10 into the clip.

At 3:40 -- Bill's sponsor rejected an amendment to limit it to preventing discussions about human sexuality or sexuality, saying it would "gut" the bill.

Edited by DDD Dad
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TurkeyChew said:

New here or not, personally attacking someone’s family or how they reasonably choose to raise their family is horribly unjustified, but especially as a retort in a discussion or debate about subjective values and politics. That poster didn’t deserve that IMO, and if anyone were to have responded in-kind to say, ‘Stache when he posted his family experience, it wouldn’t have been waved away as “oh we are just a bunch of scallywags on this site, is this your first day?”

But attacking families and students by passing laws codifying ideas that they are abnormal- that’s cool huh. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

But attacking families and students by passing laws codifying ideas that they are abnormal- that’s cool huh. 

Well yes...harmlessly and anonymously questioning a parenting decision on a virtual message board with zero repercussions is incredibly dangerous.  The government physically inserting itself into families via the schools, child services, law enforcement, and states?  That's just small government walking in the light of Christ. 

Jesus was very clear on primary school sex education programming.

1 hour ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

About sex. 

I seriously doubt most people care about their kids learning there are homosexuals in the world and what that means. This is all about the timing. 

If it's about timing just buy them one of these and be done with it.  Hook it to their nipples.

spacer.png

Does that thought disgust you?  It should.  Someone's sexuality should be none of anybody's fucking business.   Period.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Let's simplify and summarize for you:

1 -- an entire political party has built its playbook around a strategy of "find a weaker/marginalized group, and attack them relentlessly to score political points with people who like to see shit like that happen."  The textbook definition of bullying.

2 -- Turkey and his pals support that approach, and reward that party with their loyalty and votes.  BECAUSE THEY LIKE IT.

the only trick conservatives have that's appealing to the masses is moral panic.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, elfenix said:

the only trick conservatives have that's appealing to the masses is moral panic.

Not really.  Actual "moral panic" would be "there are people mired in poverty and starvation, we should do something about it!"

Conservatives only speak in language of cruelty.  Notice how every one of their "moral" issues involves them stepping on some lesser/marginalized group?  That's not by accident.  The language that works is cruelty.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Not really.  Actual "moral panic" would be "there are people mired in poverty and starvation, we should do something about it!"

Conservatives only speak in language of cruelty.  Notice how every one of their "moral" issues involves them stepping on some lesser/marginalized group?  That's not by accident.  The language that works is cruelty.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moral_panic

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

What if I told you that a “moral panic” has nothing to do with morality nor panic?
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, elfenix said:

100% -- the GQP does nothing to help anybody other than the ruling rich (mostly white) and they're using made-up outrage BS to distract people from seeing what is really happening.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, F250 said:

For a second I thought that was a female Presbyterian pastor.

Objection.  Being married to a Presbyterian pastor, and having met Patrick in person, I can say without reservation that 1) Patrick is 100X the lesbian my wife could ever aspire to be, and 2) my wife is 100X better looking than Patrick has ever been.

Also, my wife would kick Patrick in his atrophied junk if she ever got close enough to him, so there's that.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

1) Patrick is 100X the lesbian my wife could ever aspire to be, and 2) my wife is 100X better looking than Patrick has ever been.

#1 - How dare you 

#2 - I'm a lapsed Presbyterian and need a reintroduction to the faith. Perhaps a pic to start?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck You 1

59 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Are we acting like masking over AIDS was really a thing?

We are acting like masking will make things God made, like homosexuals or transgender people will go away.  Keep praying, maybe god will keep the closet closed, for the closed minded.   God created abortion too.  Whether he agrees with it or not is personal.  But he created that choice.  

Just now, Anastasis said:

That sounds serious.

Oh right. You don't get the little ticket. 

Kids watching Walker had to be told it was ok to play with their sick schoolmate because the ancestors of today's haters had a Moral Majority telling them it was the judgement of God. 

The gayz still can't give blood. This whole mess is stupid and mean. 

2 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Parades indeed. Ain’t no parades like the righteous .  Key word right.

spacer.png

slap a "dykes on bikes" leather jacket on this one,  put him on a Harley, and he's in the parade and nobody would notice. 

Wait a goddamn minute, are you fucking people trying to tell me that our scientific knowledge of a previously non-existent viral disease changed between 1980 & 2020?  I call bullshit.  Nothing ever changes on Earth.  Nothing!  If your wife is a whorish cunt in 1980, she's a cuntish whore in 2020.  BIBLICAL FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Lobo

46 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I’d never seen that and neither had you until the age of social media. 

true. also true that we pretty much never saw bad cop shootings, police brutality, public displays of racism, discrimination, etc. so...something about 'terrible things that used to hide from the light'. or something. 

• Like 1

On 3/13/2022 at 3:18 PM, Cement said:

Now, if you have a lot more time, do Churches...

I'll start your paragraph..

Why are conservatives so intent on grooming children for sex at churches and protecting clergy who sexually abuse children? I mean, at least the left prosecuted these teachers.  Scary, scary stuff. 

We all know what this bill is. It is a bill to create another non-existent boogeyman for conservatives, to ignore the actual actions of their party, and vote blindly for Republicans. You sit there thinking this bill "owns the libs", when it is clear to all the Republican voters are the ones being manipulated.

Edited by pacman
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, DDD Dad said:

Starts about 1:10 into the clip.

At 3:40 -- Bill's sponsor rejected an amendment to limit it to preventing discussions about human sexuality or sexuality, saying it would "gut" the bill.

I think this is a good example of how modern journalism often fails? Why even refer to it as the "don't say gay bill", when you know Santis will likely get a win from it in front of minions.

Ask direct questions like what is age appropriate content defined? Is a homosexual teacher allowed to answer a question from students about his family? Or, actually cite Florida examples that warranted this legislation? etc.

Edited by pacman

3 hours ago, Anastasis said:

I’d never seen that and neither had you until the age of social media. 

I’m pretty sure I’d seen it laying around the church when I was a kid. All that kinda crap was floating through the southern Baptist fundamentalist churches back then.

Speaking of sack of shit pastors who abuse children while also advocating for gay hate laws:

Jacksonville police raid Northside church during evening services; three pastors arrested on charges of capital sexual battery

Thank goodness the moral majority is protecting parents rights to insulate their kids from sexual education so that when they're abused they have no words or understanding for what happened.

Classic power dynamic evil, perpetrated by evil people, and cheered on by stupid (and evil) people.

• Rage+1 1