Desantis is a POS and needs his own thread

Gil Bang

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

So, next time this cunt asks for Federal Assistance...

Biden will respond immediately, because he's not a petty little bitch. 

Surely you are mistaken and Republican governors tell people to utilize their bootstraps after a natural disaster, and suggest maintaining insurance as a part of personal responsibility. 

surely it’s not the federal government’s duty to rebuild the same people’s houses over and over twice a decade. 

• Hook 'Em 1

So, next time this cunt asks for Federal Assistance...

Biden will respond immediately, because he's not a petty little bitch. 

I hope if they get hit with a hurricane and need federal help, Biden shows up and chunks some rolls of Bounty at his puffy fat stupid face.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, brakeman said:

70k RIP.

I think theater in Florida is different from the rest of the country.  And it probably starts earlier, too.

30 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Of course he is. That’s what they’re all doing. Be an asshole, say outrageous and insulting things and raise money off of it from your base of deplorables. Just like Rand Paul attacking Fauci and getting death threats made against him and his family. I don’t do Twitter and I’m not going to look up their websites but I’ll bet MTG and Boebert are doing the same thing following their bitch calls at the SOTU address the other night. 

• Rage+1 1

39 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I don't want any students to get expelled or anything, but I hope one of them muttered under his breath, quiet enough so that hot mics wouldn't pick it up, but loud enough for fuck face to hear, "Go fuck yourself".

Yep, should've audibled to the old #8!

image.thumb.png.d937fc5c322dafd224f89046266200e5.png

I love how DeSantis easily owns the media and the libs giving them an anyeurism.  

But I'll say a prayer for this reporter who joins a long line of media that has been taken to the woodshed by our future president.

• Haha 2
  • Fuck You 12

2 hours ago, Cement said:

I love how DeSantis easily owns the media and the libs giving them an anyeurism.  

But I'll say a prayer for this reporter who joins a long line of media that has been taken to the woodshed by our future president.

The right IS getting better at comedy

4 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Cruelty is the platform 

Desantis is a very emotional man and prone to anger. Its really like adult oppositional defiance disorder and a bad trait for a person in leadership, especially for POTUS.

• Hook 'Em 2

The Political Matrix/The Listener Group survey results also show DeSantis trailing either Democrat Charlie Crist or Nikki Fried in a potential matchup for Governor. But the Pensacola-based pollster delivered better news for Republican U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio in his reelection bid.

Asked to rate DeSantis’ handling of the pandemic, nearly 54% of voters have an unfavorable or very unfavorable view of the Governor’s performance, including nearly 34% with a very unfavorable view. By comparison, just 43% gave a favorable response of any sort, with 27% rating DeSantis’ leadership as very favorable.

Crist, a Democratic Congressman and former Republican Governor running for his old job, leads 57% to DeSantis’ 43% in a head-to-head matchup. The pollsters report a 3.1% margin of error.

https://www.cltampa.com/news/another-poll-shows-approval-rating-for-florida-gov-desantis-tanking-12441401

On 3/7/2022 at 9:45 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

Is prek through 3rd grade instruction on sexual orientation a thing that needs legislating?

Probably not. Not sure why the left/media are fighting it though. I don’t see a lot of people clamoring for introducing sexual orientation to their kids at that young of an age. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 4

3 hours ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Probably not. Not sure why the left/media are fighting it though. I don’t see a lot of people clamoring for introducing sexual orientation to their kids at that young of an age. 

The last sentence? I wouldn't know.

However, the objection or "fighting" as you phrase it, is to the creeping dictates of a theocratic interfering legislature in the rights of personhood and what the entails and the consequences of such actions especially with respect to education. To wit, did you happen to notice the amendment in the Florida bill? (it was withdrawn just prior to passage)

a) Teach abstinence from sexual activity outside of marriage as the expected standard for all school-age students while teaching the benefits of monogamous heterosexual marriage.

They did at least strike through (Senator Jones') inclusion of the word heterosexual, and personally I have no problem with promoting abstinence, but it was to be statewide sexual education policy and included with any instruction with respect to AIDS and other sexually transmitted diseases.

The bill included a passage wherein a special magistrate, appointed by the Commissioner of Education, oversees any suits brought against a district by parents to examine the facts and render a decision with all costs born by the district in question. I should think that might have an effect on ed policy wouldn't you?

The bill, while specifically discussing the k-3 level, is too vague in other areas and ripe for abuse and unintended/intended consequences, IMO. Some of it is political pandering and the rest is political positioning for the future.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

On 3/7/2022 at 4:29 PM, Cement said:

His only platform is trumpism and you can’t out trump trump.  So no, he’s not the next president so long as trump isn’t term limited.  

8 hours ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Because it is culture war bait.  It was introduced as a bill that fixes nothing to induce the very fight we have 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Just like CRT.

"We're not teaching sex to K-3rd graders.  But don't even think about passing a law banning it!"

Why are liberals so intent on grooming Kindergartners?  Scary, scary stuff.  If you think teachers should be teaching sex to K-3rd graders, you fucking crazy like I fuck your Mom.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 27

This is why public school is so messy and a headache. You have all kinds of people and beliefs and values that no administration can make everyone happy and eventually just does the minimum to mildly annoy everyone about something they care about. It’s an impossible job the more divisive and splintered and sub-verticaled different beliefs and cultures are getting.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 10

Because it is culture war bait.  It was introduced as a bill that fixes nothing to induce the very fight we have 
I always thought it was the conservatives that were for small government and against needless laws.

Guess I should have been voting Democrat all along.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, TurkeyChew said:

This is why public school is so messy and a headache. You have all kinds of people and beliefs and values that no administration can make everyone happy and eventually just does the minimum to mildly annoy everyone about something they care about. It’s an impossible job the more divisive and splintered and sub-verticaled different beliefs and cultures are getting.

Maybe you ought to send your kids to Midland Christian.

https://www.newswest9.com/article/news/crime/midland-christian-school-arrests/513-ffa75e60-1efa-45b8-bccb-fe45c6a15272

6 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

It also primes the Cements all around the country to support the mass murder of liberals. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, TurkeyChew said:

Well let's be sure to carefully funnel them into groups with like-minded people and be sure there is no abrasion or any need for critical thinking to arrive at a mutually comfortably numb corral.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, Walser said:

Well let's be sure to carefully funnel them into groups with like-minded people and be sure there is no abrasion or any need for critical thinking to arrive at a mutually comfortably numb corral.

There has to be a better answer than the either/or— but hey I’ll be the first to say fixing public education is a massive issue and not an easy thing. I think if someone(s) can figure it out there’s easily a national award in it for them as well as a springboard to high profile public office. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 5

17 hours ago, TurkeyChew said:

There has to be a better answer than the either/or— but hey I’ll be the first to say fixing public education is a massive issue and not an easy thing. I think if someone(s) can figure it out there’s easily a national award in it for them as well as a springboard to high profile public office. 

you only fix something that is broken. Despite your ilk's best efforts, public education is not broken.

Of course it can be improved. But before we can do that, how about you stop making public education a culture war battle ground?

Now give me my national award. I have no interest in a high profile public office, so you can fuck right off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1