Formula 1 2021

wood

Race of the season. (Excluding max/ham). Great racing up and down the field the entire race. Some differing tire strategies. More tracks like this please. (Didn’t even need rain). 

Danny and Lando keeping the field bunched up the whole race made it exciting. Hopefully we get that in bunches with the new cars. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

Max had to give way. Once again he was too aggressive. 

2 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

Max almost killed hIm. Needs suspension fir rest of season IMO. 

1 hour ago, Fastbreak said:

If that was Max he would have put Lando into the wall. 

44 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

Not sure how anyone can defend Max

I think you’ve made your point

Edited by TonyTexas

Well that was fun. Good battles up and down the field. Really happy for Danny, Lando, and McLaren. They’re proper quick now, and a one-two is no less than they deserve. 

7 minutes ago, texas08 said:

ecce4a654557f2ac05b635aaf9ef05a3.png

Crazy. The Halo is an incredible price of engineering. Saved another life today. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ConferenceRoom said:

Emmo has to come to all the races from now on. It’s law.

One of my favorite interviews in all my years covering racing was with Emerson Fittipaldi. He just oozed cool. I'll never forget what he said to me at the conclusion of the interview.

"Chow, baby."

Edited by PittsburghTiger
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

I bet the fact that Hamilton was trying to back the car out from under his made him think he was ok. Just my guess

I do agree with this, but his radio was pretty bad too.

Something like “that’s what he gets for not leaving room”. Oh so he “deserves” it for doing the same thing you do to everyone else every time, and for which the stewards ruled that you were actually in the wrong on this incident for?

giphy.gif

Lewis got penalty two points (IIRC) for Silverstone and served his penalty in-race for being judged at fault. This at least seems consistent given the stewards ruled Max at fault here.

Given Lewis and Max will race wheel to wheel most of the remainder of the season in a razor-thin title fight, I doubt we’ve seen the last collision between the pair. 

Edited by Dutch
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

My personal opinion of Verstappen is he is a piece of crap just like his dad was. I've genuinely tried to give him the benefit of the doubt but the evidence is just overwhelming.

That’s where I am. His father and the coddling from Red Bull have led to a really narcissistic mentality about everything and he literally does not think he can do any wrong. I mean, look at this tweet.

2 hours ago, ConferenceRoom said:

Suspension for the season for a racing incident, what on earth? First Lap Nutcase Romain Grosjean got what…one race for Spa 2012 and that was an accumulation of incidents for him.

No way it makes much sense for either driver to get a penalty for this one. Both drivers were already committed to their lines & Max was fully alongside

Wow. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Atxracer said:

Couldn’t agree with the stewards more. Max has a bad habit of late braking in order to claim the right to room and it finally bit him in the ass. 

I mean, we've seen that every race for decades. That's just hard racing. Gimme a fucking break. The whole point of braking late is to claim a piece of tarmac & is one of the most common ways to pass, outside of bullshit DRS passing. If braking late is somehow 'dirty' or a 'bad habit', then you could say that about all kinds of moves. Most of these guys & other guys for decades got to F1 by being great late brakers in the first place.

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I have no problem with the penalty, but the "he should have just escaped over the curbs" position is pretty much admission that he wasn't given enough room by a slower moving car cutting him off from pit lane. If you HAVE to get knocked around by 3 sets of curbs to avoid collision, both cars are probably in the wrong.

It definitely had the feel of inevitably though. Max was fuming mad and had just told his radio to fuck off and leave him alone after the long pit stop. I feel like the penalty is more for not letting cooler heads prevail and an accumulation of him never backing off a line for anyone.

• Hook 'Em 3