Big XII Championship: Oklahoma vs. Iowa State

Constant

5 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

exactly. Cal(maybe Standford) is the model.

Except our school is nowhere close to Michigan, Cal, or UVA in the academic rankings. We are closer to UGA academically than we are to the elite Public Ivies. At least UGA, knows their place and pecking order - not as good as Georgia Tech academically but still a good public state school in the South that takes football seriously. Give me that over the deluded reality out administration lives in.

Edited by Macklemore
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

actually, they are basically the same thing, except the brethren got kicked out of 4 states before the exodus to mexican territory, they had a founding prophet (sul ross isn't close), and they issued their own anti-banking commercial paper.

hold on, scratch that, aggy issues their own bonds in the form of paper backed with our money.

HOWEVER, aggy does allow same-sex and multi-species relationships, so they are about on par, and that's ok.

window cougar neg-reps stone cold facts

full kraken

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

just hearing it's a 6th straight big 12 for ou is enough reason to fire herman

6 straight, you say?

Every mouth-breathing, low-rent, 0u motherfuckin' fanboy in DFW is cluttering social media with this shit. FML and fuck you, Herman, for letting it happen.

Image may contain: one or more people and text

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Except our school is nowhere close to Michigan, Cal, or UVA in the academic rankings. We are closer to UGA academically than we are to the elite Public Ivies. 

https://www.timeshighereducation.com/student/best-universities/best-universities-united-states

When the methodology only includes actual academic reputation instead of the convoluted US News & World Report formula that's not true at all. Cal is way ahead in that group. Michigan is barely ahead of us and UVA is behind both us and Georgia.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Whats even more disheartening is theres no end in sight. Tom Herman is still our coach, CDC is still our AD, we just signed our worst recruiting class since the Strong to Herman transition year. Lots of key seniors leaving etc. It's tough not to feel hopeless

We got at least 2 more years of improved Rattler. He'll most likely win the Heisman and probably 2 more Big 12s.  Herman has solidified himself as Gary Patterson, Lincoln Riley, & Matt Campbell's bitch.. Texas will be lucky to finish above 4th in the conference next year and it will just get worse from there. 

• Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

https://www.timeshighereducation.com/student/best-universities/best-universities-united-states

When the methodology only includes actual academic reputation instead of the convoluted US News & World Report formula that's not true at all. Cal is way ahead in that group. Michigan is barely ahead of us and UVA is behind both us and Georgia.

I was using USNWR rankings. Look, I like any list that has UT higher but that list has some head-scratchers like U of Arizona and Rice tied at 45. Rice is a top 20 school in any other legit ranking like USNWR or WSJ. 

7 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

6 straight, you say?

Every mouth-breathing, low-rent, 0u motherfuckin' fanboy in DFW is cluttering social media with this shit. FML and fuck you, Herman, for letting it happen.

Image may contain: one or more people and text

14 titles in 21 seasons.. 2 out of every 3 seasons. We couldn't even get more than 2. Same as fucking Baylor

Edited by UTEX_ME
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Except our school is nowhere close to Michigan, Cal, or UVA in the academic rankings. We are closer to UGA academically than we are to the elite Public Ivies. At least UGA, knows their place and pecking order - not as good as Georgia Tech academically but still a good public state school in the South that takes football seriously. Give me that over the deluded reality out administration lives in.

well yeah but that would take supposed smart people not being stupid.  we can't have that.

Whats even more disheartening is theres no end in sight. Tom Herman is still our coach, CDC is still our AD, we just signed our worst recruiting class since the Strong to Herman transition year. Lots of key seniors leaving etc. It's tough not to feel hopeless
Here are some positives for you. Pull your drawers up and be a man about it.

We don't lose a lot of Seniors.

The recruiting class is short on depth particularly on OLine. The OLine has guys theoretically maturing this year. Did you like Majors vs K State? Karic and Hookfin are guys similar to Cosmi and Kerstetter.

Jatavion Sanders would not be surprising if he proves our best recruit in 4 years. Brooks is a nice compliment to RB room. Davis a big athlete. We got the better Katy olineman. And it's generally thought our offensive recruiting was way less impressive than the defensive one.

Our defensive front depth is the best it's been in some time. Same for LBers. Thompson and Jamison will be one of the top returning duos in the country. Cook was playing better. At safety we will be faster if nothing else.

Our RB group compares well enough to any in the country. You replace your QB with a guy who's been on campus for years. And another prospect who's been on campus a year.

WR group has some skills. Physical talent at TE will be the most it's been in.....a long time.

Your punter and kicker will be back.

Not a Herman fan at all. In spite of all the dumbassery, we do compete. If Ingram tucks the ball and we pull the ball on 4th and 1, we're playing today. We just need to be a little less dumb.

25 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

We’ll be back. They weren’t ready for the big time

I have followed your team going back to about 78. I had a boss who went there and we became close friends. We always talked about going to both a Texas and Iowa State game with our kids. Sadly he passed before we ever got around to doing it. Have followed them since. Knowing that history I know the pressure on Purdy was a big deal. He knows what a win would have meant to the school.

6 in a row for Oklahoma.  14 of the last 21.  But our athletic program has more money and more class, amirite?  

Maybe it's time we recognize when you recruit the second tier of Texas high school football talent, along with shitty coaches and a complacent fanbase...that's probably not enough to win championships.  I know we lead the all-time series still, but our program is such a fucking also-ran...it's sad.

50 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

The University of Florida was ranked higher than UT when I was in high school. 

Definitely delusions of grandeur coming from the admin. 

55 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

The recruiting class is short on depth particularly on OLine. The OLine has guys theoretically maturing this year. Did you like Majors vs K State? Karic and Hookfin are guys similar to Cosmi and Kerstetter.

Jatavion Sanders would not be surprising if he proves our best recruit in 4 years. Brooks is a nice compliment to RB room. Davis a big athlete. We got the better Katy olineman. And it's generally thought our offensive recruiting was way less impressive than the defensive one.

Our defensive front depth is the best it's been in some time. Same for LBers. Thompson and Jamison will be one of the top returning duos in the country. Cook was playing better. At safety we will be faster if nothing else.

Our RB group compares well enough to any in the country. You replace your QB with a guy who's been on campus for years. And another prospect who's been on campus a year.

WR group has some skills. Physical talent at TE will be the most it's been in.....a long time.

Not a Herman fan at all. In spite of all the dumbassery, we do compete. If Ingram tucks the ball and we pull the ball on 4th and 1, we're playing today. We just need to be a little less dumb.

That reminded me of the old Stuart Smalley skits on - #87440310 added by  josieabby at oh god wut

34 minutes ago, PDX_Horn said:

The University of Florida was ranked higher than UT when I was in high school. 

Definitely delusions of grandeur coming from the admin. 

Yeah.  I'm kind of getting tired of this argument as if being good at school and football can't be mutually exclusive. 

Hat tip.  You can do both.  Plus, football success means more exposure and money on both sides of the equation.  

/ducking from incoming Randolph Duke diatribe

14 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Yeah.  I'm kind of getting tired of this argument as if being good at school and football can't be mutually exclusive. 

Hat tip.  You can do both.  Plus, football success means more exposure and money on both sides of the equation.  

/ducking from incoming Randolph Duke diatribe

I mean, there really is no excuse for UT not to win 9-10 games a season. I understand not being at Alabama, Ohio State, or Clemson levels of success (with cheating, unethical practices, "I'm not here to play school.") but what we've suffered as fans is simply baffling. 

This just goes to show just how dysfunctional this program has become and basically being the Dallas Cowboys of college football (extremely marketable with shit product).

Edited by PDX_Horn
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

6 in a row for Oklahoma.  14 of the last 21.  But our athletic program has more money and more class, amirite?  

Maybe it's time we recognize when you recruit the second tier of Texas high school football talent, along with shitty coaches and a complacent fanbase...that's probably not enough to win championships.  I know we lead the all-time series still, but our program is such a fucking also-ran...it's sad.

Complacent fanbase?  I'm thinking just the opposite.  If anything we have a demanding fanbase, maybe with unrealistic expectations, but still our fanbase is very passionate IMO. 

This isn’t wrong but there are two ways to look at this. I think it’s pretty much irrefutable that Herman isn’t going to have Texas consistently winning conference championships, let alone playing for more. So on that sense he isn’t the guy for the job. That said, for many of the reasons you listed above, and just the general talent advantage in 11 of the 12 games on the schedule next year, plus a possible CCG and bowl, it isn’t hard to imagine Texas ending up somewhere like 10-4 or 11-3, but with no real hardware - no golden hat, no conference title, no NY6 win, no playoff berth.

Still, that would make Herman responsible for Texas’s two best seasons over a 12 year span, and they would have occurred within four years of one another. If they’re not firing him this year, and that seems more likely than not at this point, there’s no way he gets the booth after that. But after that point is when the recruiting issues this year, as well as keeping 19-20 guys in the fold, will begin to show up on the field more prominently. And then we’ll get to see Herman possibly have to go through a league schedule where he’s decidedly average or below coach without a huge talent advantage. Wouldn’t be pretty.

Mehhh we had a chance to drive the stake through OU Big 12 chances but we decided to turtle instead of going for 2 with Sam, all the momentum, and OUs defense shell shocked & confused. Tom Turtling vs OU letting their nuts hang after losing games is why they win not Big 12 cheating

It really is this simple. For everything else that happened that day, Herman was two yards away from the W in Dallas twice and passed on even taking the chance both times. You’ll never get a better deal than that in a game like that. Would they have converted? Who knows. But you odds at winning are never better than they are in that moment. Or, in this case, two moments. Inexcusable.
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 12/19/2020 at 2:37 PM, TexArcher said:

Everyone should rep this.

If you coach at UT for four years and OU wins all four conference championships, you're a piece of shit coach and you should go away forever.

But OU's had the advantage of a fresh new QB the whole time.  Next year they'll be forced to reuse one and that's when Tom will get them.

Edited by soonernado
  • Fuck You 1