Tell me about Nebraska

RollLeft

1 hour ago, CTC2 said:

There is some truth there.

Meh. It is just the usual anti-Texas propaganda. I mean sure we support our athletic programs. The whole idea that our program has money so therefore it should always win and we should feel bad when the only fucking reason our program has money is because we fucking support it. So no I am not going to feel bad about that. 

Secondly before very recently it wasn't that big of an advantage over any other P5 program. They all had more money than they knew what to do with. Even Iowa State could gold plate everything. So what were we supposed to do? Give every player massage chairs? Hell we probably did.

The reasons we lost were, you know, the normal ways teams lose. Bad program management and coaching. Sure we had "good recruiting" but you still need to find the right guys. The reasons we didn't "win the big one" were obvious. Completely normal football reasons.

And also our school is big and bureaucratic and typically is behind the curve in the latest cutthroat recruiting tactics. Nebraska used to enjoy huge advantages over us with their non-qualifiers. And sure I bet UT did have boosters paying people under the table but it was never really leveraged as well as some other schools.

But now with NIL our advantages could be decisive. I think it would be kind of bad for the sport if it goes that way. But it would be good for us...to a point. It isn't like we are the only rich school out there. I mean sure we have the most money but it isn't orders of magnitude more than anybody else, it was always just a little bit more. But maybe we won't have 5-7 seasons anymore. We'll see.

Also I will just point this out that the Big 10 prints money. Each School gets something like 50+ million dollars, something like 20 million more than a Big 12 school gets. Yet they have tons of truly wretched teams who have no chance despite having all that cash. And its not like they have dominant Basketball or Baseball teams either. Multiple of their schools get some of the highest payouts in the country, dwarfing the Big 12 schools, and are terrible at everything. So, you know, why does that happen if supposedly we are supposed to easily win everything just because we have some money?

Nebraska has tons of money now. Yet...they suck at everything. They haven't been to the NCAA tournament in Men's Basketball since...um....

Their baseball team hasn't gotten out the regionals in decades.

Their non-revenue sports are also all shitty. I don't know maybe there is one that achieves mediocrity. Maybe their wrestling. I don't know.

So if we are big underachievers you guys are masterful. At least we take our money and, you know, win shit. Instead of being last in basically every sport.

Except Volleyball. And we'll see about that on Sunday.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 3

35 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Meh. It is just the usual anti-Texas propaganda. I mean sure we support our athletic programs. The whole idea that our program has money so therefore it should always win and we should feel bad when the only fucking reason our program has money is because we fucking support it. So no I am not going to feel bad about that. 

Secondly before very recently it wasn't that big of an advantage over any other P5 program. They all had more money than they knew what to do with. Even Iowa State could gold plate everything. So what were we supposed to do? Give every player massage chairs? Hell we probably did.

The reasons we lost were, you know, the normal ways teams lose. Bad program management and coaching. Sure we had "good recruiting" but you still need to find the right guys. The reasons we didn't "win the big one" were obvious. Completely normal football reasons.

And also our school is big and bureaucratic and typically is behind the curve in the latest cutthroat recruiting tactics. Nebraska used to enjoy huge advantages over us with their non-qualifiers. And sure I bet UT did have boosters paying people under the table but it was never really leveraged as well as some other schools.

But now with NIL our advantages could be decisive. I think it would be kind of bad for the sport if it goes that way. But it would be good for us...to a point. It isn't like we are the only rich school out there. I mean sure we have the most money but it isn't orders of magnitude more than anybody else, it was always just a little bit more. But maybe we won't have 5-7 seasons anymore. We'll see.

Also I will just point this out that the Big 10 prints money. Each School gets something like 50+ million dollars, something like 20 million more than a Big 12 school gets. Yet they have tons of truly wretched teams who have no chance despite having all that cash. And its not like they have dominant Basketball or Baseball teams either. Multiple of their schools get some of the highest payouts in the country, dwarfing the Big 12 schools, and are terrible at everything. So, you know, why does that happen if supposedly we are supposed to easily win everything just because we have some money?

Nebraska has tons of money now. Yet...they suck at everything. They haven't been to the NCAA tournament in Men's Basketball since...um....

Their baseball team hasn't gotten out the regionals in decades.

Their non-revenue sports are also all shitty. I don't know maybe there is one that achieves mediocrity. Maybe their wrestling. I don't know.

So if we are big underachievers you guys are masterful. At least we take our money and, you know, win shit. Instead of being last in basically every sport.

Except Volleyball. And we'll see about that on Sunday.

You must of not read the rest of my post.

6 hours ago, Corn Whiskey said:

Hey and I’m cool enough to congratulate you guys on a nice season. I’ll be honest the only reason I want to see your team lose is so I can read the fire Sark threads. Those are my guilty pleasure. 😂 

Our "nice season" is better than any football season you losers will ever have again.  Enjoy being Minnesota 2.0.  

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, elfenix said:

the worst texas team in 15 years beating nebraska when they had that game circled all year was hilarious

I was there. Their fans were salty before the game because of the Big 12 Championship the prior season. They were REEEEALLY salty after the game. Most of them were smarter than to talk shit to Daddy though. 😹😹😹😹😹

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

You're absolutely right, and prior to 2009, it's the only fucking one I can recall.  I was shocked when it happened then.

Instant replay - as an official tool - was relatively new in 2009. That’s why you rarely saw it until that game. IR was used to NU’s benefit in ‘93 even though it wasn’t allowed by the rules. That’s why you didn’t see it for all those decades. 

16 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Why did Nebraska get rid of football?

I don’t know if you know this or not but the number one quarterback in it the nation is in Lincoln right now. Let’s be honest, you guys pretty much sucked shit in football until you got Quinton Ewers that and a decent coach. It’s been a long time since Colt, McCoy and  Mac Brown.  

• Fuck You 4

1 hour ago, Corn Whiskey said:

I don’t know if you know this or not but the number one quarterback in it the nation is in Lincoln right now. Let’s be honest, you guys pretty much sucked shit in football until you got Quinton Ewers that and a decent coach. It’s been a long time since Colt, McCoy and  Mac Brown.  

I don't know if you know this or not, but Nebraska quit football when you left the Big 12. I see no records of bowl games in the last few years, so that is the only explanation.

You went the way of Lawrence Phillips.

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, Corn Whiskey said:

Let's take a look at Nebraska since 2000. What a bunch of world-beaters.

https://cornhuskerswire.usatoday.com/lists/nebraska-football-history-ap-poll-finish-2000/

3 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

I don't know if you know this or not, but Nebraska quit football when you left the Big 12. I see no records of bowl games in the last few years, so that is the only explanation.

You went the way of Lawrence Phillips.

I don’t know if you know this: Texas football only has one championship since 1970. You know the program with the most that does the least. By the way, go ahead and ship that 1970s championship trophy to Nebraska…you know the team that won their bowl game. See I can play in the past. Maybe you’ll get lucky this year since you backed into the playoffs. 
Nice dig about Phillips, at least that was original. 

• Fuck You 14

2 hours ago, Deej said:

Let's take a look at Nebraska since 2000. What a bunch of world-beaters.

https://cornhuskerswire.usatoday.com/lists/nebraska-football-history-ap-poll-finish-2000/

You act like I don’t know Nebraska has been a shitty team. I watched those games. You’re giving me shit about what I already know. Try harder.  

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 3

16 minutes ago, Corn Whiskey said:

I don’t know if you know this: Texas football only has one championship since 1970. You know the program with the most that does the least. By the way, go ahead and ship that 1970s championship trophy to Nebraska…you know the team that won their bowl game. See I can play in the past. Maybe you’ll get lucky this year since you backed into the playoffs. 

I don’t know if you know this: Texas destroyed Nebraska Football and the souls of everyone in Nebraska. You committed harakiri to get away from us, all because you could not stand losing to us 9 out of 10 times. Was it worth it?

Seriously, I want to see Nebraska come back. I do think Rhule is a coach who can make a difference. I hate seeing y’all struggle like this. And I do believe you did it to yourself out of panic. 

12 minutes ago, Corn Whiskey said:

You act like I don’t know Nebraska has been a shitty team. I watched those games. You’re giving me shit about what I already know. Try harder.  

Yet you talk shit about us. All you chucklefucks from dead programs just love coming over here and talking shit, yet we're in the playoff. 

21 minutes ago, Corn Whiskey said:

Maybe you’ll get lucky this year since you backed into the playoffs. 

Talking shit about 1970…well that’s interesting. We shared a title. Period. 

And backed into the playoff? Yeah, I don’t think so. We won our way in. Wish we could have won all the games, but we certainly didn’t get dick-slapped by a team like Iowa. Let us know how we look on TV. 

12 minutes ago, Deej said:

Yet you talk shit about us. All you chucklefucks from dead programs just love coming over here and talking shit, yet we're in the playoff. 

The only thing that brought me here was some stupid sum bitch talking shit about corn. You guys can’t let shit go from the past. I’m ready for a volleyball championship. 😂 

• Haha 2
  • Fuck You 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

31 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I don’t know if you know this: Texas destroyed Nebraska Football and the souls of everyone in Nebraska. You committed harakiri to get away from us, all because you could not stand losing to us 9 out of 10 times. Was it worth it?

Seriously, I want to see Nebraska come back. I do think Rhule is a coach who can make a difference. I hate seeing y’all struggle like this. And I do believe you did it to yourself out of panic. 

Here is my perspective, and I am not saying it is right, but this is what I know from what I read. Colorado was the first team that was ready to jump ship to the Pac 12 from the big 12. Texas was pushing for the longhorn network instead of Big 12 network. There were rumblings in Nebraska, was trying to do the same, but I am not sure on the details. Basically all the halves were leaving out to have nots. there was also some rumbling about the revenue sharing. Then 6 teams from Texas were flirting with the PAC-12. That’s when Nebraska jumped ship to the Big-10. There were plenty of incentives to go to the Big Ten to the tune of $20 million once they got vested. Nebraska’s downfall was Pelini’s recruiting and plus his brother Carl got a gig down in Florida I do believe. I think Carl was the brains behind the defense not Bo.
I have high hopes for Matt Rhule. his coaching this year was a little suspect and I’m not sure about his offensive coordinator. So he seems to be doing everything right. It’s nice to have some actual football conversation. 

• Like 1

There are numerous theories out there about what exactly led to Nebraska's downfall. What is decreasingly in doubt is whether they are going through a "down time" or whether they are past the point of no return. (Narrator: they passed it long ago.) Of all the places on earth a Husker fan should be talking football smack (if there are any), a Texas community is not on the list. Seriously. Next time someone from UNL is tempted to mock Texas football, he should try to remember how 12-year-olds sound when they think they have an insightful view that hadn't occurred to the adults in the room. Even if Nebraska fans are unable to resurrect the glory days of Husker football, it is not too late to be the fan base everyone thought you were before the anti-Texas pettiness became so widespread.

Hook'em and welcome to those who have something worth reading to contribute.

• Hook 'Em 2

I do feel for them. I travel through Omaha fairly regularly and always make sure to wear at least a Longhorns hat when doing so.

At the end of the 2022 football season, a guy about my age (mid-to late-40s) came and sat down beside me and pretty much began pouring his soul out. He told me how he wished they had never left the Big 12 and how he couldn’t believe he was saying it, but he wished they had kept Bo Pelini as their coach. This dude was very unhappy and truly broken by the state of the Huskers. I felt for him because I knew those were two huge confessions, and if all people…he told that to a Longhorn.

Seriously, no one ever says shit to me. 10 years ago, a flight from Dallas to Omaha would have up to 1/2 the people wearing something Nebraska related or carrying a Husker bag or something. Now it’s never more than 10 people, if that. It’s sad. 

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

Lulz. Rhule is a fucking clown. Smoke and mirrors. he beats up on shitty teams, and when he plays ranked teams he craps his pants with the best of them. In the NFL where the talent level is pretty damn close between all teams, he sported a .281 winning percentage and got shitcanned after 2 1/2 seasons. But he is a bitch made cunt, so he's perfect for corn fans. 

• Haha 1

The only thing that brought me here was some stupid sum bitch talking shit about corn. You guys can’t let shit go from the past. I’m ready for a volleyball championship. 😂 

Are you like the corn avenger? Would that make you the incredible husk?

i think it's cute that you came to the football board to talk shit about women's volleyball. Raiola may be on campus right now, but who is he bringing with him? I seem to remember about 15 blue chip commits within a couple of weeks when Arch committed last season. This will be about as impactful as a popcorn fart.

Edited by Vertigo

9 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Are you like the corn avenger? Would that make you the incredible husk?

i think it's cute that you came to the football board to talk shit about women's volleyball. Raiola may be on campus right now, but who is he bringing with him? I seem to remember about 15 blue chip commits within a couple of weeks when Arch committed last season. This will be about as impactful as a popcorn fart.

Corn Whiskey is probably Dominic Raiola himself. That motherfucker HATES Texas. 

Here is my perspective, and I am not saying it is right, but this is what I know from what I read. Colorado was the first team that was ready to jump ship to the Pac 12 from the big 12. Texas was pushing for the longhorn network instead of Big 12 network. There were rumblings in Nebraska, was trying to do the same, but I am not sure on the details. Basically all the halves were leaving out to have nots. there was also some rumbling about the revenue sharing. Then 6 teams from Texas were flirting with the PAC-12. That’s when Nebraska jumped ship to the Big-10. There were plenty of incentives to go to the Big Ten to the tune of $20 million once they got vested. Nebraska’s downfall was Pelini’s recruiting and plus his brother Carl got a gig down in Florida I do believe. I think Carl was the brains behind the defense not Bo.
I have high hopes for Matt Rhule. his coaching this year was a little suspect and I’m not sure about his offensive coordinator. So he seems to be doing everything right. It’s nice to have some actual football conversation. 

Sounds just like the Penn State guys I knew 30 years ago; they were going to join the B1G and become the powerhouse, those schools had no chance against titan power of JoePa. Now we sit and see them cherish their 4 conference championships ( most recently 2016), and they are clearly a 2nd tier, upper 2nd tier but still. 
Corn is the same thing, been here a dozen years and still relishing past glory and claimed blue blood status, and no conference championships. 

Go ahead, post some retort about MSU sucks, okay - but we've figured that out. I am past it, and see everyone thinking that the new Head Coach can turn things around, maybe (but I doubt it, having to compete against OSU, UM (cheaters), USC, Oregon, etc) but the climb up that hill is getting harder, not easier. 

The B1G should reach out to FSU, and maybe TCU, Texas Tech or UH - why? To get a solid recruiting base in Florida and Texas. But then I they didn't call me when I sent in a letter of interest in working in the Commissioners office. 

8 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

The B1G should reach out to FSU, and maybe TCU, Texas Tech or UH - why? To get a solid recruiting base in Florida and Texas. But then I they didn't call me when I sent in a letter of interest in working in the Commissioners office. 

I know how you feel. I sent a letter to Elle Fanning saying I was interested in a blow job and I she didn't call me either. 

• Haha 1

It has to suck knowing your team, once considered a great program, will never win anything of significance ever again. Texas, despite being down the last decade, at least has all the necessary requisites. Top recruits from Texas, California, Florida, Georgia, etc. have zero reason to go to corn.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/30/2023 at 6:51 AM, Longboard Horn said:

Fuck Nebraska. So glad to see them still wandering the wastelands. That's what you get when you make a deal with the devil, not to mention cut off Texas as one of your pipeline states for recruiting. ALso, cornhuskers? Please. I can name 10 states that produce better corn than Nebraska:

1. Iowa
  2. Illinois
  3. Missouri
  4. Oklahoma
  5. Texas
  6. California
  7. Arizona(red corn)
  8. Ohio
  9. Kansas
  10. South Dakota

Hey, I owe you an apology. I talked to my farmer friend and I guess the better corn is like a real thing that farmers argue over whose corn is the best. I just don’t think it’s a state by state thing. I’m also sorry about giving you shit about only having one football championship in 50 years. While I’m at it I will apologize and say that you can keep your 1970s trophy. Let’s just all get along. PS your picture of Pelini pissing his pants was funny. 😆 

23 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

I do feel for them. I travel through Omaha fairly regularly and always make sure to wear at least a Longhorns hat when doing so.

At the end of the 2022 football season, a guy about my age (mid-to late-40s) came and sat down beside me and pretty much began pouring his soul out. He told me how he wished they had never left the Big 12 and how he couldn’t believe he was saying it, but he wished they had kept Bo Pelini as their coach. This dude was very unhappy and truly broken by the state of the Huskers. I felt for him because I knew those were two huge confessions, and if all people…he told that to a Longhorn.

Seriously, no one ever says shit to me. 10 years ago, a flight from Dallas to Omaha would have up to 1/2 the people wearing something Nebraska related or carrying a Husker bag or something. Now it’s never more than 10 people, if that. It’s sad. 

Nice story bro! It got me a little choked up! 

Growing up, hated Osbourne and Nebraska for family reasons, didn't hate, or love, Beaver Valley's squad but thought highly of Joe Pa. Still, had love for that option Nebraska used to run (still do), and Joe Pa's old style of no names on jerseys and no nonsense. 

Who knew? One let his players beat women, one let his coaches rape orphan boys in the showers.

Worst I can think of for Texas is Case jerking off in cuckold's corner and Ced kicking down doors. Maybe there's worse, but I don't know it. 

Since Penn St is brought up. It's not a surprise they pulled in a coach who let his players piss on pass out coeds in hotel hallways. I heard rumors Baylor would hire him, Franklin, but I talked to a local Waco judge and he said 'Hell you thinking, son? We just let em rape em, not piss on em.' (true story)

#RhythmicThumping

27 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

I miss Nebby being good. Frankly, we’ve both been mediocre since the 2010s era. IMO, Nebraska leaving the B12 hurt them on recruiting Texas.

Hopefully Matt R can get them back to winning.

Hook’em!!!

Nebraska is a team who hasn't been worth a shit and won't be anytime soon. Fuck corn.

No reason to play them or give them any thought whatsoever outside of volleyball. I'd rather play Iowa St or Kansas St again OOC if we've gotta play a farm state. But, our OOC outside of P5 and bluebloods should be against FBS teams in talent-rich states; TX, CA, FL, GA, LA, etc. 

1 hour ago, DFW Horn said:

Nebraska is a team who hasn't been worth a shit this century and won't be anytime soon. Fuck corn.

No reason to play them or give them any thought whatsoever outside of volleyball. I'd rather play Iowa St or Kansas St again OOC if we've gotta play a farm state. But, our OOC outside of P5 and bluebloods should be against FBS teams in talent-rich states; TX, CA, FL, GA, LA, etc.