Tell me about Nebraska

RollLeft

Fuck Nebraska. So glad to see them still wandering the wastelands. That's what you get when you make a deal with the devil, not to mention cut off Texas as one of your pipeline states for recruiting. ALso, cornhuskers? Please. I can name 10 states that produce better corn than Nebraska:

1. Iowa
  2. Illinois
  3. Missouri
  4. Oklahoma
  5. Texas
  6. California
  7. Arizona(red corn)
  8. Ohio
  9. Kansas
  10. South Dakota
  • Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

So Nebraska, in the midst of their 7th losing season in a row, decides their defense isn't just great, it's $3.2 million greater than they originally believed. A well deserved raise for the 5-7 huskers!

They could have got a transfer quarterback for that kind of change.

2 hours ago, dcar00 said:

they deserve all this.  could have held the Big 12 together but LHN, LHN.

I bet they'd trade LHN for the wasteland they are now.

Yeah, and I think this is worth remembering as we continue to hear whining and complaining about Texas from the Irate8.  It was Nebraska that destroyed the Big 12 when they decided they were sick of losing to Texas.  It was a petulent little baby temper tantrum that sowed the seeds of the conference's destruction and ultimately cratered their own program. 

• Hook 'Em 8

On 12/1/2023 at 5:35 PM, Ghost of LL said:

Yeah, and I think this is worth remembering as we continue to hear whining and complaining about Texas from the Irate8.  It was Nebraska that destroyed the Big 12 when they decided they were sick of losing to Texas.  It was a petulent little baby temper tantrum that sowed the seeds of the conference's destruction and ultimately cratered their own program. 

I'm pretty sure everyone who is old enough to have been there when Nebraska left is still well aware that they torpedoed everything.

On 12/8/2023 at 2:52 PM, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

I'm pretty sure everyone who is old enough to have been there when Nebraska left is still well aware that they torpedoed everything.

These bitches claim to be football fans yet never heard of putting time back on the clock because the clock operator missed it....Even though it happens in almost every game played every week. 

• Hook 'Em 1

It’s fun laughing at Nebraska but it’s like making fun of ucla basketball. Was awesome at one time but never will be ever again.

Their fans won’t admit it, but they are way closer to Northwestern than Ohio state or even Penn state. Bowl game is their new goal each season with the occasional 9ish win season.

4 hours ago, Jasper_Jester said:

These bitches claim to be football fans yet never heard of putting time back on the clock because the clock operator missed it....Even though it happens in almost every game played every week. 

And happened to them against Florida State in 1993.

Exact same situation only they missed the field goal.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, markstanco said:

It’s fun laughing at Nebraska but it’s like making fun of ucla basketball. Was awesome at one time but never will be ever again.

Their fans won’t admit it, but they are way closer to Northwestern than Ohio state or even Penn state. Bowl game is their new goal each season with the occasional 9ish win season.

Very occasional apparently.

I warned Nebraska fans this was going to be their fate if they joined the Big 10. But I don't even really blame them. Their irresponsible and idiotic sportsmedia shoved every possible Texas conspiracy theory in front of their eyes constantly the whole time we were in the league with them. I hope those sportswriters enjoy covering 5-7 teams.

Oh and Tom Osborne. Becoming a politician clearly rotted his brain.

Finally, at least UCLA makes the tournament and has runs. They just had a Final Four a couple years ago. 

Edited by Valmy77

11 hours ago, markstanco said:

UCLA will never regain the success they had under Wooden's cheating ass, but that's a ridiculous comparison. Cronin is a good coach and there aren't too many teams that have done better than F4, S16, S16 the last three seasons. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Blotto said:

UCLA will never regain the success they had under Wooden's cheating ass, but that's a ridiculous comparison. Cronin is a good coach and there aren't too many teams that have done better than F4, S16, S16 the last three seasons. 

Yea probably could have used a different one.  I pay little attention to West Coast BB

On 11/30/2023 at 6:51 AM, Longboard Horn said:

Fuck Nebraska. So glad to see them still wandering the wastelands. That's what you get when you make a deal with the devil, not to mention cut off Texas as one of your pipeline states for recruiting. ALso, cornhuskers? Please. I can name 10 states that produce better corn than Nebraska:

1. Iowa
  2. Illinois
  3. Missouri
  4. Oklahoma
  5. Texas
  6. California
  7. Arizona(red corn)
  8. Ohio
  9. Kansas
  10. South Dakota

Are you really so stupid to try to insult Nebraskans by insulting our corn. This is the dumbest fucking post that I’ve ever read. Congrats. Second, you made a stupid fucking list like you’re a corn expert. You’re probably too dumb to realize that half the corn goes to cattle. Are you even smart enough to know the difference between feed corn and sweet corn? Texas number 5 of better corn. 😂. They’re not even in the top ten corn producing state. But, I guess that’s cool if you have better corn. As a husker fan, step up your game if you want to insult us. What a moron. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

On 12/11/2023 at 6:30 PM, Jasper_Jester said:

Most forget that they themselves benefitted from that and instant replay (before there even was official IR) in their bowl game against FSU about 30 years ago. A few seconds were added back on, but the refs placed the ball 5 yards closer than they should have. Didn’t matter that the FGA was shorter because they missed. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
Valmy mentioned it.

41 minutes ago, Corn Whiskey said:

Are you really so stupid to try to insult Nebraskans by insulting our corn. This is the dumbest fucking post that I’ve ever read. Congrats. Second, you made a stupid fucking list like you’re a corn expert. You’re probably too dumb to realize that half the corn goes to cattle. Are you even smart enough to know the difference between feed corn and sweet corn? Texas number 5 of better corn. 😂. They’re not even in the top ten corn producing state. But, I guess that’s cool if you have better corn. As a husker fan, step up your game if you want to insult us. What a moron. 

Damn. Clearly we got too personal with Nebraska this time.

• Haha 6

44 minutes ago, Corn Whiskey said:

Have to admit, I thought that insult post was silly. Anyone who’s seen a corn production map would know. 

I actually like Nebraska because of the times I had there 1998-2006. The 2010 trip was meh till we ripped their hearts out but I at least sympathized why they were pissed.

Now that they cut off their noses to spite their faces it is mildly amusing and entertaining but I just don't get the vitriol from Texas perspective.... You either didn't go to the early games in Lincoln and missed out on the greatness or you just have little dick energy.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

I actually like Nebraska because of the times I had there 1998-2006. The 2010 trip was meh till we ripped their hearts out but I at least sympathized why they were pissed.

Now that they cut off their noses to spite their faces it is mildly amusing and entertaining but I just don't get the vitriol from Texas perspective.... You either didn't go to the early games in Lincoln and missed out on the greatness or you just have little dick energy.

Their constant stream of anti-Texas lies and propaganda wore me down. But granted that was their sportsmedia.

But I went to the College World Series a couple times and even though Nebraska wasn't even competing, the Nebraska fans very passive aggressively and nicely let me know they hate us and hoped we would lose. 

So, you know, I am tired of their shit and hope the sportswriters whose made up bullshit fueled the anti-Texas stuff enjoy covering a shitty 4-8 team.

Plus they hired a coach I hate and seeing him fail is also nice.

Finally hating other schools is fun. Oh and Tom Osborne was a shitty politician.

Oh and I hope we beat their volleyball team.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/13/2023 at 3:34 AM, Longboard Horn said:

You guys were 1-9 against us in Big 12 play and 4-10 overall. Forever our bitch! 

Oh, and your crazy af coach Pelini pissed his pants on national tv. He ain't shit.

343266.jpg

I was really going to refrain from further banter with you, but since the Nebraska post is at the top I’ll play. I knew after your foolish corn post that you wouldn’t be able to help yourself. Luckily, I have a PhD. in mindfucking mental midgets. I knew without a doubt you would have to bring up the record between Nebraska and Texas, because you wouldn’t be able to help yourself because it was such an easy target. You know what? Those games happened almost 15 years ago, so it’s kinda like in the past like your last national championship. If you wanna know the truth, Texas has been more like Nebraska, the last 20 years than different. One fucking national championship in the last 50 years for Texas? You guys are the kings of underachievers year after year. You have the most money, the best recruiting, and for whatever reason you still can’t win the big one, and for the most part, you’re Oklahoma’s bitch. Maybe you wanna go ahead and bring up the one second or the 96 big 12 championship game. I couldn’t give a rats ass less about them either, because I’ve already gotten over it. 

• Fuck You 3

2 minutes ago, Corn Whiskey said:

Hey and I’m cool enough to congratulate you guys on a nice season. I’ll be honest the only reason I want to see your team lose is so I can read the fire Sark threads. Those are my guilty pleasure. 😂 

What can I say? When we lose we blame ourselves.

Well...and the refs.

• Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, Corn Whiskey said:

Hey and I’m cool enough to congratulate you guys on a nice season. I’ll be honest the only reason I want to see your team lose is so I can read the fire Sark threads. Those are my guilty pleasure. 😂 

Yeah well your bitches are going down on Sunday. Hook em. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Corn Whiskey said:

I was really going to refrain from further banter with you, but since the Nebraska post is at the top I’ll play. I knew after your foolish corn post that you wouldn’t be able to help yourself. Luckily, I have a PhD. in mindfucking mental midgets. I knew without a doubt you would have to bring up the record between Nebraska and Texas, because you wouldn’t be able to help yourself because it was such an easy target. You know what? Those games happened almost 15 years ago, so it’s kinda like in the past like your last national championship. If you wanna know the truth, Texas has been more like Nebraska, the last 20 years than different. One fucking national championship in the last 50 years for Texas? You guys are the kings of underachievers year after year. You have the most money, the best recruiting, and for whatever reason you still can’t win the big one, and for the most part, you’re Oklahoma’s bitch. Maybe you wanna go ahead and bring up the one second or the 96 big 12 championship game. I couldn’t give a rats ass less about them either, because I’ve already gotten over it. 

Here’s a good refresher for you.  It’s especially hilarious at 4:50.  

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Corn Whiskey said:

There is some truth there. But, I would add that it was Texas that sent Nebraska into irrelevance.  Also, it was Nebraska’s “Texas Derangement Syndrome” which made you jump to the Big 10 and give up the only recruiting ground y’all really had which was the State of Texas where you at least were on TV and on the minds of Texas recruits. 

• Hook 'Em 2