Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

1 minute ago, Goodman said:

Your guess on if Ainias is about the fb grind or is he a track guy who is using fb for the full ride?

What?

No, I figured he was recruited as a DB because they're pretty loaded at WR and not at DB, especially in the speed department

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Fb as in football. Heā€™s asking if heā€™s really just wanting to run track, but needed the scholarship that football provides.Ā 

I got that, Iā€™ve just never heard of him being a track guy more than a football guy, so I wasnā€™t sure where that was coming from. Heā€™s really good at football, and his best spot is at DB.Ā 

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Oh my God. Might need to block out a "client meeting" on your calendars for this epic:

Ā  Reveal hidden contents

ECBaaGJXUAA25Kp?format=jpg&name=360x360ECBaa1GXYAIQ5JL?format=jpg&name=smallECBacAbXUAU-Cr_?format=jpg&name=smallECBadNhXYAEgxrK?format=jpg&name=smallECBaefBXsAA_EPl?format=jpg&name=360x360ECBafdiWkAA7nzb?format=jpg&name=small

Ā 

This is also classic Aggie writing style when explaining something stupid that they do.

"You see, when our team gets outscored, we feel that we didn't yell effectively enough to carry them to victory. When that happen, we hold a yell practice right after the game even if it's in an opposing stadium. We don't mean to interfere with you playing your school song, it's just a tradition that we value."Ā 

You see, they're not being obnoxious. They're following a tradition that makes total sense.

Here this jalopy guy takes the same tone to expound on Jimbo's approach with no evidence other than attending a few of Fisher's public appearances. Mr. Burnt Valve also explains Jimbo's recruiting, pedestrian as they are, as though his practices are unheard of. He has several options at each position! He keeps evaluating! Then Senor Loose Battery Cable speaks the sacred Aggie assumption, We're a national brand with a coach who is a national treasure.

So full of shit, his eyes are turning brown.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Fud said:

I got that, Iā€™ve just never heard of him being a track guy more than a football guy, so I wasnā€™t sure where that was coming from. Heā€™s really good at football, and his best spot is at DB.Ā 

Never thought of him as a DB but if he has a physical attitude, that would make sense.

Do you know why the lack of interest in us?

2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Someone please link me to this "historic 3* hit rate".

This was interesting to me.

Here's all 82 of the 3* players (except kickers) with any relevant notes from Jimbo's OC tenure at FSU through 2016. This gives a pretty clear view of a full career for these guys. Bold players are guys that were recognized at the conference level and/or were drafted.Ā 

Spoiler

Jamar Jackson
Bernard Brinson
Will Furlong
Maurice Harris
Anthony Grosso
Jatavious Jackson
Aaron Gresham
Jonathan Hannah - Transferred to TX Southern
A.J. Ganguzza
Ja'Baris Little - 3 Career receptions
Avis Commack - Transferred to Akron
Travis Arnold
Andrew Datko - Freshman All-American, 7th round pick, played 1 year on a practice squad
David Spurlock - Coaching for Jimbo
Toshmon Stevens - 16 career tackles
Garrett Faircloth (Medically disqualified in 2013)
Carlton Jones
Josh Gehres - 3 career receptions
Henry Orelus
Xavier Rhodes (as a WR) - All ACC First Team, Thorpe semi-finalist, first round draft pick
Bryan Stork - 1st team all-american, Rimington winner, 4th round draft pick
John Prior
Will Secord
Justin Bright
Dan Hicks
Chad Abrams - UDFA FB, cut by lions in first cut of fall campĀ 
Terrence Brooks - 1st team all-american, 3rd round draft pick
Bjoern Werner - 1st team all-american, acc def. player of the year, Nagurski finalist, bednarik semi finalist, 1st round pick
Debrale Smiley - 11 career rushes
Holmes Onwukaife - (Medically disqualified in 2012)
Jarred Haggins - 11 career receptions
Mike Harris - Drafted 6th rd
Will Tye - UDFA, but transferred from FSU to Stony Brook
Cam Erving - 2nd team all-american, 1st round pick (rating reflects recruited as DT)
Daniel Foose (Medically disqualified in 2013)
Clint Trickett - Transfer to WVU
Tank Sessions
Anthony McCloud (JC) - All ACC hon. mention - UDFA
Nile Lawrence-Stample - UDFA
Keelin Smith
Tyler Hunter
Jake Coker - Transfer to Alabama
Arrington Jenkins
Eric Beverly
Lamarcus Brutus - UDFA/Arena league
Tre' Jackson - 1st team all american, 4th rd draft pick
Trey Pettis (Medically disqualified in 2012)
Ruben Carter - UDFA
Sterling Lovelady
Daniel Glauser
Sean Maguire - Lol
Desmond Hollin (JC)
Jeremy Kerr
John Franklin III - FSU to JUCO to Auburn to NFL
Wilson BellĀ 
Richy Klepal
Nate Andrews - All ACC 3rd team, coach at Tennessee
Ryan Hoefeld
Jesus Wilson - 8 career td catches
Ro'Derrick Hoskins - 159 career tackles
Tyrell Lyons - Transferred to UNI
Rick Leonard - 4th rd draft pick
Alec Eberle
Kareem Are (JC) - UDFA, cut in 2nd round of summer cuts. Not a meaningful starter
Ryan Izzo - 7th rd draft pick
Johnathan Vickers - 158 career rushing yards
Brock Ruble
Malique Jackson - xfer to Bethune-Cookman
Derrick Kelly
Adam Torres
Ethan Frith
Arthur Williams
Fredrick Jones
De'Andre Johnson - xfer to FAU after punching a girl in the face
David Robbins - xferĀ 
AJ Westbrook
Jalen Wilkerson
Cole Minshew
Nyqwan Murray - UDFA
Emmett Rice
Wally Aime (JC)
Mike Arnold
Andrew Boselli
Gabe Nabers
Ā 

So of his 82 3* guys, he hit on 15.8% of them at a high level. What was interesting is the breakdown of who they are...

Ā  QB WR RB/FB OL TE DT DE LB S CB
2007 Ā  Ā  Ā  4 1 Ā  1 1 Ā  Ā 
2008 Ā  2 1 3 1 Ā  1 Ā  1 Ā 
2009 1 1 Ā  3 Ā  Ā  1 Ā  1 Ā 
2010 2 Ā  1 1 2 2 1 1 1 2
2011 1 Ā  1 3 Ā  2 Ā  1 3 Ā 
2012 1 Ā  Ā  1 Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā 
2013 1 1 Ā  3 1 Ā  1 2 Ā  1
2014 Ā  Ā  1 5 1 2 2 Ā  Ā  1
2015 1 1 Ā  2 1 Ā  Ā  Ā  1 Ā 
2016 Ā  Ā  Ā  2 1 1 Ā  1 Ā  Ā 
Total 7 5 4 27 8 7 7 6 7 4
Avg/year 0.7 0.5 0.4 2.7 0.8 0.7 0.7 0.6 0.7 0.4

Ā 

Almost 1/3 3* recruits were o-line, not including TEs which were the largest individual position group.Ā 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

Oh my God. Might need to block out a "client meeting" on your calendars for this epic:

Ā  Hide contents

ECBaaGJXUAA25Kp?format=jpg&name=360x360ECBaa1GXYAIQ5JL?format=jpg&name=smallECBacAbXUAU-Cr_?format=jpg&name=smallECBadNhXYAEgxrK?format=jpg&name=smallECBaefBXsAA_EPl?format=jpg&name=360x360ECBafdiWkAA7nzb?format=jpg&name=small

Ā 

So much to love here. For starters, this guy who understands deeply and profoundly how that staff works, how they evaluate, how they manage their offers and the lines of communication, this guy just fucking GETS it. And he got it all from listening to some of these bumfucks speak at a couple cliche filled coaching engagements. So much just made up stuff that is completely passed along as not only fact, but fucking steel clad unassailable TRUTH you guys. After all, he's been following recruiting longer than many of folk have been alive, therefore he KNOWS.Ā 

I truly find this shit disturbing. It's like an illustration of the power of man gone completely awry. This is how genocides and terrible, evil shit of that ilk happen...just people like this nodding their head and believing without question.

I'm lucky to have some insight and hear shit regarding our program from time to time. And it comes from people directly tied to the program, or folks a step or two away who are in a position to know things. And I would never even fucking pretend to even guess half the shit this guy claims to know on how his staff operates with recruits at the minute level. It's just complete fucking wish-casting bullshit. What a fucking toolbox. It's Daniel Figuerelli shit, except instead of talking about himself, this boner is talking about Jimbo Fisher. Seriously, sub Daniel Joseph's racist tainted name in there for "this staff" like a fucking Mad Lib and tell me that isn't a believable facsimile of the bio that fucking cock magnet drew up on the UH message board.Ā 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

Ā  Hide contents

Ā 

Yes let's talk about one of those "transcendent" players.

1) Your coach literally did start recruiting him until after his 1st couple of targets committed to other schools.Ā 

2) Literally no other elite program in his region recruited him.

This is such a beautiful sight to see.Ā  They are crashing down the rankings with the players they do have, their top player is transferring schools, they are striking out left and right as the season approaches - a season which they will be lucky to win 7-8 games.Ā  Next year's marshmallow-soft schedule will give them the dead cat bounce of confidence, followed by the steady drive right off the cliff when reality sets back in.

Ā 

tenor.gif?itemid=9900210.Ā 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I find the insinuation that Texas message boards start rumors that then reach A&M boards and slowly become possible fact absolutely distasteful. We would never.

We know how aggy loves turdition. Letā€™sĀ make this the newest turdition.Ā 

20 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I find the insinuation that Texas message boards start rumors that then reach A&M boards and slowly become possible fact absolutely distasteful. We would never.

Completely agree, good sir. We are paragons of virtue,Ā Ā a world-famousĀ citadel ofĀ civil and rational discourse.Ā 

Ā 

• Like 3