Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

Jimbo is being nice and letting Alford commit to Texas today.

xterminator.png

Flexing that degree

As much as Texas gets bagged by aggy for t-shirt fans, they not only have lots of t-shirt fans, but they’re the dumbest lot in the state. The only non grad aggy people I know are kids that either didn’t graduate from high school or were held back for another year, or went to acc for a semester and maybe got an associates.

52 minutes ago, TBGFL said:

He recruited South Florida very well but that was due mostly to James Coley's connections and then Brewster. He never recruited Tampa well at all. His recruiting in the Bay area was pretty shitty actually. Recruiting in Jacksonville and Orlando were meh.

He was also recruiting at FSU when Florida entered the post-Urban dumpster fire with Muschamp and then Jim Mcilwaine, and Miami was coming off the Randy Shannon debacle with Al Golden. There probably hasn't been a weaker time for in-state competition for FSU in Florida since about 1980. Granted, Florida is always a target for all the southeastern teams but it's a different competitive landscape when the in-state teams are strong. At almost every other time since Schnellenberger took over at Miami, either Florida or Miami has had a national championship caliber team.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

It's not. Xterminator is one of their most prolific and long time posters. Look at his 20k+ post count. 

I mean it would have to be a deep undercover job. I ask because no one could lack that much self awareness, right? He’s the Michael Scott of message board posters. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

He was also recruiting at FSU when Florida entered the post-Urban dumpster fire with Muschamp and then Jim Mcilwaine, and Miami was coming off the Randy Shannon debacle with Al Golden. There probably hasn't been a weaker time for in-state competition for FSU in Florida since about 1980. Granted, Florida is always a target for all the southeastern teams but it's a different competitive landscape when the in-state teams are strong. At almost every other time since Schnellenberger took over at Miami, either Florida or Miami has had a national championship caliber team.

Alabama, LSU, Ohio State and others have been poaching too many good players out of Florida. The in-state schools need to do a much better job keeping guys.

Straight from the script. 

Spoiler

Ryan Brauninger

10:30a 

Staff

Still nothing ground breakingly new this morning. A&M continues to stay in touch with everyone involved. 

I'll say this: I'd put a plus percentage on the Aggies getting him to campus this fall regardless. 

I'll have some more a bit later this afternoon/evening. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, texifornia said:

This is magical 

Hilarious.  He even says that Alford doesn't have the physical frame that Jimbo and his coaches covet in a defensive back.  6"1 -- 190 with a wingspan like a condor is not SEC good.  They like everything about him except his appearance.  

20 minutes ago, theaveragejon said:

Yeah sorta... I was 9 when Tim left. Loved the Horns. But at 9 my main interest was Major and did the Horns win. Wasn’t all too aware of coaching staff Intricacies.

Story at Texas was Brewster was as good at closing on other coaches wives as he Is recruits. 

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

18 minutes ago, theaveragejon said:

Yeah sorta... I was 9 when Tim left. Loved the Horns. But at 9 my main interest was Major and did the Horns win. Wasn’t all too aware of coaching staff Intricacies.

Tim Brewster is currently on Mack Brown's staff at North Carolina.  That's why there are those particular reactions to your question.

15 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Fwiw that’s the way I read it. Why didn’t he come back to Texas with Mack. 

You're not surlying right if you don't read everything assuming the author is a raging retard and offer him zero benefit of doubt.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

On 8/12/2019 at 7:06 PM, Huckleberry said:

Word from a recruit group text is that some of the 2021 class is calling Fisher "Ritz bit" because he's a tiny cracker, but I think they were just kidding when they said that. 

This was the first appearance of Ritz bit.

3 hours ago, The Earl of Texas said:

Their genuine shock that we’re recruiting well is funny, considering we out recruit them every year even when we’re not good, but the most enjoyable part was how 2020 was supposed to be ‘their’ cycle and watching them observe the collapse is amusing as hell.

Just wait until aggy De commit Season.  Even last year with the new coach hype bump they lost 4 guys late in the process - 3 of them right into NSD1.  Their norm typically is 6 de-commits and they may return to that now that the new coach smell is wearing off.

1 minute ago, sushihorn said:

Just wait until aggy De commit Season.  Even last year with the new coach hype bump they lost 4 guys late in the process - 3 of them right into NSD1.  Their norm typically is 6 de-commits and they may return to that now that the new coach smell is wearing off.

Yeah, but outside of their top commits it’s a lot of bread. There’s a small group of commits that the blue blood types are going to be after. 

wait so Higgins first moved to Steele to play with Jaylon Jones but now is living in Cali and playing with Daniyel Ngata in Folsom? 

Ngata who is now slowing things down - per Hamm Lite

Folsom, Calif., four-star running back Daniyel Ngata has long been down to a final five of Arizona State, Clemson, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M and Utah. The nation's No. 55 overall prospect had planned to make a commitment out of that group before the beginning of the season. However, that has now changed.

As of now, the 5-foot-9, 180-pounder has only taken and official visit to A&M and and an unofficial to Utah. He now plans to take two other official visits.

"I'm going to wait a little long to [commit]," Ngata said. "I want to take my trips to ASU and Oklahoma State. Then, after that, I'll decide. It'll be right after that."

Ngata already has the date set for one of those visits.

"I'm going to ASU the weekend of Sep. 21, when they play Colorado," he said. "As for Oklahoma State, I don't know when that will be, because we have games every weekend. It's a long trip from here to there, so I may have to miss school.

"I think it should happen by mid-October at the latest and I'll decide right after that. I don't have an exact date yet, though."

Ngata has long been high on Texas A&M and all six of his Crystal Ball predictions are in favor of the Aggies. He says A&M is still a major contender for his services.

"That's one I know will be in it to the end," he said. "I loved it at Texas A&M and I love their coaching staff. I like the way that they would use me and I liked the facilities out there. I could definitely see myself ending up there."

Ngata has a new teammate at Folsom that also holds an Aggie offer. Austin Bowie class of 2021 cornerback Kaleb Higgins, who was offered by A&M after spending three days in camp over the summer, has moved to the West Coast.

"He's a really good cornerback," Ngata said of Higgins. "He came in a little late, so he's still getting up to speed. But he should be really good for us this year."

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Everything's going to be ok @SydneyCarton

Hide contents

ECG0CsRXsAEnzq4?format=jpg&name=smallECG0D8UWsAAilZ_?format=png&name=small

Ah....as refreshing as the first taste of cold beer on a hot day. 

I see them saying shit like this a lot about September 7th. Nothing says "building a monster" like a strategy of praying your opponent fucks things up so you can succeed. Because taking control of your own fate isn't an option. Texas aTm: Where Hope is the Only Strategy

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

I enjoyed them talking about "having the spotlight" on a day we'll be hosting Gameday

Or how being in the spotlight isn't all that advantageous when you get your giblets kicked up into your stomach.  But hey, you were on the teee-veee.....