Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

Delusions of grandeur: Types and symptoms - Medical News Today
Apr 27, 2018 · A delusion of grandeur is a false or unusual belief about one's greatness. A person may believe, for instance, that they are famous, can end world wars, or that they are immortal. Delusions of grandeur, also called grandiose delusions, often accompany other mental health symptoms, including other delusions.

12 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Apr 27, 2018 · A delusion of grandeur is a false or unusual belief about one's greatness. A person may believe, for instance, that they are famous, can end world wars, or that they are immortal. Delusions of grandeur, also called grandiose delusions, often accompany other mental health symptoms, including other delusions.

"See Aggy"

34 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Oh yeah? Fuck you, I cannot be destroyed. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

North Carolina. I'm temporarily in Chapel Hill while we decide exactly where to build. Probably in the Triangle,  but maybe up around Asheville. 

The summer weather is glorious and the winters aren't too bad. That valley is a micro climate that isn't near as wet as everything on the Eastern side of those ranges. Go check out the Burnsville area. 

1 hour ago, TheBryMan81 said:

Idk about the Rivals equivalent, but the 247 point system works so that the longer you've had a crystal ball prediction in for the correct team when the player announces, the more points you get. So yes, they definitely keep track of when CBs were put in.

I notice on Perroni's page, that on aggy commits, he has put the CB in 1-2 months ahead of time, but whenever someone commits somewhere else, he CBs the commit 1-2 days ahead at the most.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I notice on Perroni's page, that on aggy commits, he has put the CB in 1-2 months ahead of time, but whenever someone commits somewhere else, he CBs the commit 1-2 days ahead at the most.

Just wants to make sure he squeezes every bit of aggy possible out of his CB.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Rockwell Torrey said:

In a Thai whorehouse you pay double for that type of action.  Oh wait, wrong forum.

Yeah, just got back from my week banishment in Thailand.. Like the kid said "Going to Thailand you gotta try it..like having a kabob when you visit Turkey".. just don't post that shit on the recruiting thread.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

North Carolina. I'm temporarily in Chapel Hill while we decide exactly where to build. Probably in the Triangle,  but maybe up around Asheville. 

Be sure to drop in and give Mack our regards.

I love aggy CB recruiting. It's been so bad for so long that it leads to stuff like this - this unintentional comedy truly is one of my favorite drugs of choice. I'm not sure if I like the "great haul in any year" or the "3 high-end corners" take better. In the end I went with whynotboth.gif and put it directly into my veins. 

Alford-Great-Haul.png

3 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Hmm things have quieted down here. They’re circling the wagons. 

Funny you should say that - "they're scared to death of Fisher... resorting to some dirty stuff".

Also getting mad at TxDOT putting "ok cool hook em" on a highway sign bwahaha

Spoiler

ECBSExeWkAErp6q?format=png&name=360x360ECBSE-mWwAAaNlv?format=jpg&name=smallECBSF8YXsAAScsI?format=png&name=360x360ECBSGzDXYAE10zN?format=png&name=360x360

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 2

Jimbo appears to be making some of the same roster management fuckups at aggy that he did at FSU when he mangled that fucking roster.  "Let's sign another TE." - Jimbo at FSU, definitely

If aggy only takes 4 DBs again this cycle it's going to put a real strain on their hit rate. Combine that with terrible coaching from Mo and you've got a real recipe for disaster. In a world where every defense spends more time with 5 or 6 DBs on the field that ever  (yes, even in the LOS league you stupis sips) - you can't go with a rolling 3 year of 10 players at DB (they had 11 but 1 is already gone). DBs will absolutely leave for playing time as well, and as it stands they can barely make a 2-deep from 3 classes. With several OOS guys you are only increasing the portal odds. So that means that younger guys are going to be constantly put into the position of going right on the depth chart. Yeah, that can help in recruiting - with some guys looking at early playing time but do you think that all 165 pounds of Moten should be hitting the 2-deep as a true freshman? 

Leon O'Neal
Brian Johnson

already gone: 
Jordan Moore

Demani Richardson
Erick Young
Brian Williams
Elijah Blades - JUCO

2020 (taking from the aggy leans/commits) 

Jaylon Jones
Joshuah Moten
Dontae Manning (projected/uncommited) 
Antonio Johnson (projected/uncommited) 

Oof. 

• Like 1

Johnson has already been moved to LB.

So far they have 2, fucking 2, true CB prospects in that list, and one is a JUCO that could leave after 1 season. Though I'm sure aggy is going to be wondering why they are getting torched with Jones and Young at CB.

Edited by HtownHorn

24 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Funny you should say that - "they're scared to death of Fisher... resorting to some dirty stuff".

Hide contents

ECBSExeWkAErp6q?format=png&name=360x360ECBSE-mWwAAaNlv?format=jpg&name=smallECBSF8YXsAAScsI?format=png&name=360x360ECBSGzDXYAE10zN?format=png&name=360x360

These dipshits could not imagine the waking fucking nightmare that would be Texas football if this program had the same kind of network that Bama has created.

11 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Last fall I interviewed in Brevard, just south of Asheville, and Clayton, a small suburb se of Raleigh. Drove from Asheville to Raleigh. To me, there’s no contest between the two. Raleigh might as well be Dallas. Chapel hill is probably the nicest part of the metro area, but nothing was really appealing. 

I actually was offered the job in Brevard but turned it down because there’s plenty of traffic in the Asheville area, and after a few years of living with zero traffic it’s tough to go back without a highly compelling reason. And the Blue Ridge mountains just don’t compare to the Rockies and others around me now. 

4 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Someone please link me to this "historic 3* hit rate".

Even if his 3 stars perform above average, I’d guess most of them were Florida kids. Who the poster himself admits are more likely to be raw athletes.  Now, most of jimbo’s 3 stars will be Texas kids that he says are mostly advanced and closer to their ceilings. 

Also jimbo has gotten the majority of this and the last class pretty early on, so the chapter on constant re-evaluation for as long as possible doesn’t really hold water. 

Unless you are trying to explain away the last 5 weeks. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

ahhh Jimbo Fisher and his evals!  

Talk about a load of horseshit. This is the kind of thing that is created in the aggy vacuum. It's not like it's hard to research these things. It's a bullshit myth just like the Jimbo as a QB whisperer nonsense. Want to know why FSU seemed to suck shit after their national title? Because Bowden's players were gone and Jimbo's evals were in place. aggy would argue with me, but let's look at the facts ... 

From 2015 to 2017 FSU had 72 players committed with 43 ranked as 4*/5*. 53 percent of the blue chip players Fisher signed from '15-'17 have not contributed anything or are no longer on the roster. 

Jimbo. Real. Recruiting. Real. Evals. 

• Like 2

I'd love for just one aggy to provide concrete, actual evidence of Jimbo's elite ability to evaluate, develop players, and 'quarterback whisper'. And how do we know that Jimbo is an elite closer in his current situation? Extrapolating his FSU success, in that league against the competition he faced during his time there, to automatic success in this State against his current competition is impossible, and none of them seem to grasp this fact. Their response to anything negative in Collieville is akin to a blind-faith based UFO cult..."Jimbo says let's all kill ourselves because we will wake up on the alien ship and live forever in space with our alien friends! Sounds great, Trust Jimbo!" Jimbo is Marshall Applewhite. 

spacer.png

59 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Jimbo appears to be making some of the same roster management fuckups at aggy that he did at FSU when he mangled that fucking roster.  "Let's sign another TE." - Jimbo at FSU, definitely

If aggy only takes 4 DBs again this cycle it's going to put a real strain on their hit rate. Combine that with terrible coaching from Mo and you've got a real recipe for disaster. In a world where every defense spends more time with 5 or 6 DBs on the field that ever  (yes, even in the LOS league you stupis sips) - you can't go with a rolling 3 year of 10 players at DB (they had 11 but 1 is already gone). DBs will absolutely leave for playing time as well, and as it stands they can barely make a 2-deep from 3 classes. With several OOS guys you are only increasing the portal odds. So that means that younger guys are going to be constantly put into the position of going right on the depth chart. Yeah, that can help in recruiting - with some guys looking at early playing time but do you think that all 165 pounds of Moten should be hitting the 2-deep as a true freshman? 

Leon O'Neal
Brian Johnson

already gone: 
Jordan Moore

Demani Richardson
Erick Young
Brian Williams
Elijah Blades - JUCO

Jaylon Jones
Joshuah Moten

Oof. 

My favorite part is Ainias Smith playing offense 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Normally I'd agree, but this guy literally hits every square on the aggy "TIJ" bingo board. It's incredible.

They're unthinking sheeple. Which is interesting since sheeple are also the result of cross-breeding people and sheep. Aggy like to fuck sheep, sooooo...really makes you think.

27 minutes ago, golfclap said:

ahhh Jimbo Fisher and his evals!  

Talk about a load of horseshit. This is the kind of thing that is created in the aggy vacuum. It's not like it's hard to research these things. It's a bullshit myth just like the Jimbo as a QB whisperer nonsense. Want to know why FSU seemed to suck shit after their national title? Because Bowden's players were gone and Jimbo's evals were in place. aggy would argue with me, but let's look at the facts ... 

From 2015 to 2017 FSU had 72 players committed with 43 ranked as 4*/5*. 53 percent of the blue chip players Fisher signed from '15-'17 have not contributed anything or are no longer on the roster. 

Jimbo. Real. Recruiting. Real. Evals. 

I’m not gonna spend a ton of time on it because aggy doesn’t accept facts anyways, but from skimming through FSU’s 2011-2016 classes, Jimbo didn’t do shit with three stars and most of the names I recognized finished their career at other schools. Jimbo really seems to churn through players. 

Also, to continue my post about aggy’s top 300 rate, Jimbo was landing a way, way higher percentage of top 300 guys at FSU and he still struggled with depth and development. If he churns over this aggy roster like we think he will to take a full class with the top 300 percentages he has for the 2019 and 2020 classes, that team is going to have holes all over the depth chart for years to come.

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

Leon O'Neal
Brian Johnson

already gone: 
Jordan Moore

Demani Richardson
Erick Young
Brian Williams
Elijah Blades - JUCO

Jaylon Jones
Joshuah Moten

Oof. 

Hasn't Blades been injured since fall camp started?  I remember a bunch of posts saying he'd start right away.

Spoiler

Aggie86 is one of the more entertaining reads over there. Dude probably has “whoop” stenciled on his walls somewhere in his house in Katy/woodlands/tomball

Also who says “hanky panky”?