Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

2 minutes ago, Scholz said:

What oh what could have opened up the Texas recruiting market for Georgia I wonder? I haz confuse. /aggy dipshits 

I've seen this sentiment that a&m joining the SEC opened Texas up to that conference more so than it was. Curious as to why people think that. Why couldn't the Georgias and LSUs bid on players as effectively if they were still in the big 12? I'm sure there's legitimate reasons, I just don't know them.

3 minutes ago, Scholz said:

What oh what could have opened up the Texas recruiting market for Georgia I wonder? I haz confuse. /aggy dipshits 

With that said how stupid are recruits that they think because ATM is in the conference  they will play a lot of games in Texas . At best they will have 2 conf games in 4 years. Some will never play 1. 

4 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

I've seen this sentiment that a&m joining the SEC opened Texas up to that conference more so than it was. Curious as to why people think that. Why couldn't the Georgias and LSUs bid on players as effectively if they were still in the big 12? I'm sure there's legitimate reasons, I just don't know them.

I agree.

He probably does too...

i-22.png

The aggy recruiting experts put CBs on every kid they want in a patheticly lame attempt to create momentum. Bitter and desperate aggy fans lap it up and think they’re getting errbody. Kid decides to come to the better school, athletic program and city. Bitter aggy fans call kid bad character for betraying aggy which was never actually going to happen. Every time.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Born Burnt said:

I agree.

He probably does too...

i-22.png

Come on man.

There was a family or personal connection to the coach that made it a forgone conclusion. 

Don't remember exact connection. 

A lot of the shit started when ESPN annoited SEC as best ever and stupid kids and parents (looking at CTJ dad) as a truth. It has started turning and will continue when Tom`s guys start getting drafted.  

4 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

It really is great that these fucking morons not only canned Mike Sherman, but moved to the SEC where they can play in the same division as Bama and LSU every year.  Fucking morons! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

They don't hide from the best!!!! Stupid homo tsip.  They ride their coat tails.  They were in the best conference division in CFB. They saw the writing on the wall. They knew it was about to have a dip in quality. So, they moved to the new best division in CFB.  But you wouldn't understand that because you are happy playing Kansas, Baylor, and Iowa State.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

It's like the classic propaganda-communique from the Spanish Civil War:

"Our forces advanced today without losing a single foot of ground."

Crimean War yesterday, Spanish Civil War today... at this rate we'll be telling relevant Great Northern War jokes on Thursday and War of the Triple Alliance anecdotes by Friday

Edited by texifornia

37 minutes ago, Shaddie said:

Come on man.

There was a family or personal connection to the coach that made it a forgone conclusion. 

A lot of the shit started when ESPN annoited SEC as best ever and stupid kids and parents (looking at CTJ dad) as a truth. It has started turning and will continue when Tom`s guys start getting drafted.  

His girlfriend went there. 

• Fuck You 1

38 minutes ago, Shaddie said:

Come on man.

I've always been told his parents were acquainted with Mark Richt and his wife.

20 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

It's like the classic propaganda-communique from the Spanish Civil War:

"Our forces advanced today without losing a single foot of ground."

Which reminds me of that General Franco quote:

"Give me an army of Nationalists and I'll win a war.  Give me a platoon of aggy, and I'll punch your mama in the mouth."

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

It is a gorgeous city, no doubt. You wonder why Tennessee doesn't do better in football. 

Recruiting needs to be out of state and with the rise of Bama and Georgia, Clemson they will have issues until they a better coach, or start cheating a bunch.

1 hour ago, Scholz said:

The aggy recruiting experts put CBs on every kid they want in a patheticly lame attempt to create momentum. Bitter and desperate aggy fans lap it up and think they’re getting errbody. Kid decides to come to the better school, athletic program and city. Bitter aggy fans call kid bad character for betraying aggy which was never actually going to happen. Every time.

Silly aggy.  They don't get "errbody"....we get errbody.    And what's this about Texas coming from nowhere to swoop in and steal their 'cruits?  Never gets old.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shaddie said:

Come on man.

his dad was a swim coach at fsu and knew richt from his time there.  they are friends.  and matthew is an HP kid.  didn’t need to be bought. 

35 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

LSU swooping in on Achane after Alford/Eaton/Broughton/etc would cause that place to explode. Looch would literally have to take an extinguisher to their server room.

Him going to UH would be much better. Shoot, both he and Hornsby would put up NCAA 14 numbers at UH.

• Like 1

I feel like we are entering the Jimbo Endgame.  I don't know if I want him to play out his contract and over the next several years watch his offensive line atrophy like the did at Florida State, Elko depart for greener pastures this offseason, and have it be a slow painful $75 million dollar pill to swallow or if I want Jimbo to bolt next year for an awful school that would be a huge step down from the mighty Aggies and their superior SEC for less money?

3 minutes ago, deech said:

I feel like we are entering the Jimbo Endgame.  I don't know if I want him to play out his contract and over the next several years watch his offensive line atrophy like the did at Florida State, Elko depart for greener pastures this offseason, and have it be a slow painful $75 million dollar pill to swallow or if I want Jimbo to bolt next year for an awful school that would be a huge step down from the mighty Aggies and their superior SEC for less money?

But then the ags would just go out and get Dabo or Saban.. 

2 hours ago, Scholz said:

It truly is amazing how they think that every recruit is going to aggy by default and are desperate to know what one simple trick the sips use to steal them away at the last minute.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, deech said:

I don't know if I want him to play out his contract and over the next several years

19 minutes ago, deech said:

, and have it be a slow painful $75 million dollar pill to swallow or if I want Jimbo to bolt next year for an awful school that would be a huge step down from the mighty Aggies and their superior SEC for less money?

Woodward and Jimbo straight up fleeced those fools for everything they have. It is a cliche of the rich fool getting swindled story, recycled throughout history.

Edited by Jabberwocky
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, deech said:

A few more gut wrenching turns left on the coaster. But when it happens, he will go out in flames. Agriculture & Mechanical knows no other way. I only hope Sharp is still there because one of them might die when it blows up. 

Does Rivals keep stats on the timing of CB's?  It would be interesting to see the totals of which Rivals guy put in the first CB for a recruit the most often.  

It really seems like Perroni puts in a CB for A&M as soon as Jimbo contacts a recruit, which is a big part of what fuels their hysteria.  

42 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Does Rivals keep stats on the timing of CB's?  It would be interesting to see the totals of which Rivals guy put in the first CB for a recruit the most often.  

It really seems like Perroni puts in a CB for A&M as soon as Jimbo contacts a recruit, which is a big part of what fuels their hysteria.  

Hamm did the same thing. It’s the aggy way. All of their recruiting “analysts,” who also happen to be alums and therefore boosters, do the same thing. And anything else they can to recruit for aggy. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Idk about the Rivals equivalent, but the 247 point system works so that the longer you've had a crystal ball prediction in for the correct team when the player announces, the more points you get. So yes, they definitely keep track of when CBs were put in.