Ramonce Taylor is catching some new cases now

scottsins

23 minutes ago, WBT said:

I choose to remember the good times

We have been fortunate to see some really fast players at UT.  And being fast is hard work, but I’ve never seen a player make being so damn fast look so damn easy.  It’s like he was just knocking around in third gear for shits and grins while everybody else was about to blow their transmission.  

Stefan, What’s a ‘Zoner’??

it’s like that thing you do to pay your check at a Chili’s in Temple, Texas because your wallet was stolen by a Pasadena Wolverine.  

Edited by Lobo

I swear he’s the most overrated longhorn ever. People talk of him like he was a great. Or some great tragedy that he blew himself up. Really not impressed by so much about him. I’d take JC or Benson or Ricky or Shon or priest or Bijan a million times a day over him. Hell- he couldn’t carry foreman’s jock and nobody gives a shit about foreman. 

14 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I swear he’s the most overrated longhorn ever. People talk of him like he was a great. Or some great tragedy that he blew himself up. Really not impressed by so much about him. I’d take JC or Benson or Ricky or Shon or priest or Bijan a million times a day over him. Hell- he couldn’t carry foreman’s jock and nobody gives a shit about foreman. 

Sir, this is a Chili's

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

10 minutes ago, Caddox said:

One of the stupidest human beings I’ve ever met. We were lucky to get the production we got out of him.

This. And a giant POS to boot. I have friends who had the displeasure of trying to coach him in middle school in Temple. 

He was such a huge problem McQueen kicked him out of athletics. And God Bob never, ever kicked anyone out. 

Still don't know how Warrick at Belton kept him out of jail during his high school years. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Interesting take. So he’s not as good as several nfl players, of which at least three are hall of famers. #Jimcarreymoonlanding
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Interesting take. So he’s not as good as several nfl players, of which at least three are hall of famers. #Jimcarreymoonlanding

People y’all about him like he is in their class or maybe even more talented. That’s what I mean by most overrated. We know what great looks like. We know what good looks like. And people y’all about him like he’s one or both when he’s not. That’s the point. How far away from what those guys are but he’s talked about like a peer. 

Ramonce is our Marcus Dupree, with more team success and slightly less individual success.  If you can't acknowledge the pure unbelievable talent I don't know what to tell you.  If you can't acknowledge the absolute waste of that talent such that he should never be mentioned in the same breath as other great Texas running backs I also don't know what to tell you.  

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

People y’all about him like he is in their class or maybe even more talented. That’s what I mean by most overrated. We know what great looks like. We know what good looks like. And people y’all about him like he’s one or both when he’s not. That’s the point. How far away from what those guys are but he’s talked about like a peer. 

Is he though? Perhaps. I certainly don't think of him in that league. To me, he was an important, but not key, cog of our team that won a National title. He's emblematic of that teams' loose, carefree style, with speed and flash to boot. He seemed to glide in the open field and you held your breath when he turned a corner, but he was never a consistent threat. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Is he though? Perhaps. I certainly don't think of him in that league. To me, he was an important, but not key, cog of our team that won a National title. He's emblematic of that teams' loose, carefree style, with speed and flash to boot. He seemed to glide in the open field and you held your breath when he turned a corner, but he was never a consistent threat. 

Yep. Great explanation of him. You watched that team. Others talk about him and I wonder what they were watching. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, deadshank said:

Dangling modifiers are the greatest ever literary faux pas.  So entertaining.  

Athletic department. FYI fuckstick, this is a internet message board and not an English 301 class. It's informal. Idiot grammar nazi. 

Edited by PassiveAggressiveCoach
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I swear he’s the most overrated longhorn ever. People talk of him like he was a great. Or some great tragedy that he blew himself up. Really not impressed by so much about him. I’d take JC or Benson or Ricky or Shon or priest or Bijan a million times a day over him. Hell- he couldn’t carry foreman’s jock 

You're got damn right. Red Forman is 100% bad motherfucker.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

Athletic department. FYI fuckstick, this is a internet message board and not an English 301 class. It's informal. Idiot grammar nazi. 

That’s why it’s so funny.  

If you can’t laugh at yourself and the stupid things you do then we are gonna do it for you.  

Don’t be so upset over it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

That happens everywhere when you win a national championship. Billy Pittman was a good guy but a completely average receiver but he's remembered very fondly as a player. 

• Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

That happens everywhere when you win a national championship. Billy Pittman was a good guy but a completely average receiver but he's remembered very fondly as a player. 

Yeah because that motherfucker helped win a national championship. I will forever love me some Pittman   

2 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Ramonce is our Marcus Dupree, with more team success and slightly less individual success. 

They both wasted a lot of talent, but there are real differences here.

1. Marcus never hurt anyone.

2. Despite his flakiness, Dupree still got run in the USFL.