A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

On 1/26/2022 at 12:53 PM, TwiceHorn said:

Gonzalez is a currently insignificant (some historical significance) town on the coastal plain somewhere between Austin, San Antonio and Houston.  Surprisingly, its population is up to 7500 or so, which might be attributable to drilling activity in the area, but has been at that level for a while.

Short answer, no, except maybe in backwaters.

The significance of Gonzales Co is they represent the backbone of the Trump movement, the small rural vote that creeps up into the suburbs.  Team Red is making a strong play to lock those counties down.  

On 1/27/2022 at 11:12 PM, Bama Chick said:

lol

Usually it’s the parent begging their kid to put the phone away and have a conversation.

545cf7bbca39045da7eaafc701212072.jpg

I bet the font on his phone is as big as the font on his stupid hat.

Always the same outfit.  You couldn't even fill out a bingo card with potential trump outfits.  Blue suit, black suit, red tie, blue tie.  White polo, blue windbreaker.  

On 1/28/2022 at 3:45 PM, Red Five said:

So when he went on tv and said "we love you, and you're very special", he was talking about Antifa and BLM. Got it. 

He was speaking to his people that he loved, not the handful of Antifa and BLM that had infiltrated this group of solid, peaceful patriots and incited them to insurrection.  

Trump isn't running again.  He's out here for two reasons:

a) raise money for his legal defenses and

b) try to make it seem that if any of those cases result in him being charged, he could hold the government hostage by the threat of all his Trumpkins rising up in armed protest, protesting a great man like Trump being vilified for political purposes.    In other word, it's defense move two to protect his empire and above all, reputation.

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

You're like the jlaw character from Don't Look Up. You're totally right and i agree with all of it, but you come across a little shrieky.

Except that he's been 100% spot on so far.  I thought he was shrieky . . . in 2016.  Brisket is the political embodiment of those click-bait titles "The man who predicted the sub-prime crisis and the dot com bust has these thoughts on the market!!"

Unless Georgia, SDNY, or the 1/6 Committee, or Garland put his balls in a vice and get him to plead to a felony -- making him unable to hold office again -- the Republican legislatures of the US will throw out all votes and appoint him President for Life.  

Anyone who doesn't see this coming 1) doesn't know the rules, and 2) hasn't been paying attention.

• Hook 'Em 5

10 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

The significance of Gonzales Co is they represent the backbone of the Trump movement, the small rural vote that creeps up into the suburbs.  Team Red is making a strong play to lock those counties down.  

they won’t have enough if the big cities get out the vote 

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Imagine how sad, small, and scary the world must be for people who go to a Trump rally in 2022.

12 minutes ago, Red Five said:

It's like they're a bunch of complete fucking idiots or something. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if half the people at the rally are trying to sell shit or promote their blogs to the other half.  Lots of grifting opportunities and a rally is like moths to a flame.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if half the people at the rally are trying to sell shit or promote their blogs to the other half.  Lots of grifting opportunities and a rally is like moths to a flame.  

i wouldn’t be shocked if 80% get some kind of govt check 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

RNC is pitching in on those legal fees. Him being a ‘billionaire’ and all 

That's another thing I've never understood.  Didn't he start out not taking any money from anyone?  (seems out of character, I know).  

This is fairly near my office.  Does everyone have a Trump Store nearby?

ghows-PA-2d8663d8-4cc0-42af-82b4-bace7b7

It's not branded a Trump Store, but there's a convenience store east of Bastrop on TX-21 that has a huge display of Trump souvenirs for sale.  It's just between a Dollar General and "Dan's Guns and Stuff."

I made the mistake of stopping there once. 

Edited by Beau Vine

12 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

That's another thing I've never understood.  Didn't he start out not taking any money from anyone?  (seems out of character, I know).  

that would get burned down in my neighborhood 

shelia Jackson Lee for life !!!!!

• Hook 'Em 4

13 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

My god, the adjacent spite store options are fucking endless.  

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Ummm…..that’s kind of my point. I haven’t offered any super smart insight around here. I’m just repeating what I’ve read in books. Books that are equally available to all of you. I encourage people to read them.

I’m very pro literacy. I’m also pro women wearing dresses that show off shoulder freckles, but that doesn’t seem germane to this thread. I just wanted to say it. Because shoulder freckles. Why do you hate shoulder freckles, commie?

We both state the obvious and you get all the credit. How is that fair? :D

He was speaking to his people that he loved, not the handful of Antifa and BLM that had infiltrated this group of solid, peaceful patriots and incited them to insurrection.  

b) try to make it seem that if any of those cases result in him being charged, he could hold the government hostage by the threat of all his Trumpkins rising up in armed protest, protesting a great man like Trump being vilified for political purposes.    In other word, it's defense move two to protect his empire and above all, reputation.

Trump needs not run again and would have massive power behind any GOP candidate. Like Putin/Medvedev tandemocracy. Nikki Haley would be a tough out w Trump fully behind her (and creeping).

Trump needs not run again and would have massive power behind any GOP candidate. Like Putin/Medvedev tandemocracy. Nikki Haley would be a tough out w Trump fully behind her (and creeping).

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

"And I'm gonna pardon all the criminals! And put Hillary in jail! And build a wall that Mexico will pay for! And give you all free awesome healthcare!" (crowd of morons applauds enthusiastically)

Imagine, in the year 2022, listening to the dotard and not understanding he is 100% full of shit. 

They don’t care if he’s full of shit. It’s not about promises kept, it’s about winning. 

They want to go to church, they don’t want to follow the fucking rules of the Bible. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

That's a she?

Yep, check out the earrings.  She was alone and seemed like she was just itchin' to engage someone.  But as this restaurant was full of white, senior citizens, I was the fish out of water, not her.

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

It's not branded a Trump Store, but there's a convenience store east of Bastrop on TX-21 that has a huge display of Trump souvenirs for sale.  It's just between a Dollar General and "Dan's Guns and Stuff."

I made the mistake of stopping there once. 

Better not be any god dammed candles in there, those really get Anastasis turned up for some reason 

1 hour ago, Eskimohorn said:

If he had better control over the GOP pursestrings, I think he would avoid running.  Trump's super PACs were setup to funnel money away from the GOP and towards those candidates who kissed the ring (and rented out his facilities).  If he could get one now his kids running the GOP, or at least the financial wing, he gets everything he wants.

He's already the kingmaker.  DeSantis better be sweating a bit with his primary, since the filing deadline is not until June, and the primary is in August, plenty of time for Trump to take him down.

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Montgomery County is full of people that are afraid of non-white people. Well, the guy who mows their lawn is ok as long as it's light outside.

I’m not sure they’re afraid, more often than not other races are just a non-factor. It’s almost as if they don’t exist. Having grown up there I can tell you that it was very segregated. 

I passed Trump’s motorcade as he was headed towards Conroe and I didn’t even know it at the time, there wasn’t a limousine or town car. It was a weird van the looked like a hearse, so I thought it was a funeral procession. I have some friends that went to the rally, I need to check in with them. 

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

If he had better control over the GOP pursestrings, I think he would avoid running.  Trump's super PACs were setup to funnel money away from the GOP and towards those candidates who kissed the ring (and rented out his facilities).  If he could get one now his kids running the GOP, or at least the financial wing, he gets everything he wants.

He's already the kingmaker.  DeSantis better be sweating a bit with his primary, since the filing deadline is not until June, and the primary is in August, plenty of time for Trump to take him down.

His giving money to candidates ??

id be shocked if he’s sharing his PAC money. In his eyes, his endorsement is payment enough !

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

a kingmaker that doesn’t actually make kings sounds very on-brand for the fat orange clown. 

With the GOP, you don't have to make them, you just have to convince people that you can.

Or maybe it's the other way around - he has the power to sink them.  Not the same as making them, but....

Animated GIF

48 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

His giving money to candidates ??

id be shocked if he’s sharing his PAC money. In his eyes, his endorsement is payment enough !

They kiss the ring and pledge fealty.  He gives them some money.  They hold fundraisers on Trump properties, as well as lease them using said money.  Money straight into his pockets.

30 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I've always thought that Eric must have some disease or condition that alters his facial features just enough that makes him seem off. Like this star trek character.

star-trek-ds9-rene-auberjonois-dies-79.j

Eric looks like his mom in men’s clothes.  

Edited by atomheartbevo

On 1/28/2022 at 3:02 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Could you imagine dropping 100K to meet Trump knowing that most (all?) of that will be funneled into this pocket and not some PAC as described. 

Could you imagine paying ANY money to meet Trump? 

On 1/28/2022 at 3:04 PM, Gourmand said:

could you imagine dropping 100k to meet Trump and being dumb enough to not know that?

Any money at all? 

10 hours ago, Bullneck said:

Except that he's been 100% spot on so far.  I thought he was shrieky . . . in 2016.  Brisket is the political embodiment of those click-bait titles "The man who predicted the sub-prime crisis and the dot com bust has these thoughts on the market!!"

Unless Georgia, SDNY, or the 1/6 Committee, or Garland put his balls in a vice and get him to plead to a felony -- making him unable to hold office again -- the Republican legislatures of the US will throw out all votes and appoint him President for Life.  

Anyone who doesn't see this coming 1) doesn't know the rules, and 2) hasn't been paying attention.

You can still hold the office of President if you're a convicted felon...

1 minute ago, SKJ said:

You can still hold the office of President if you're a convicted felon...

It appears we've set the bar pretty low.  You can be elected but you can't vote.  Makes sense.

Found this:

So why would lawmakers bother with impeachment? One answer is that removal is not the only sanction available if Trump is convicted: The Constitution also permits the Senate to permanently disqualify Trump from holding “any office of honor, trust or profit under the United States.”

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

some "friends," yes

Setting aside for a moment that it's Trump.

I would rather seriously question someone that attended a  "rally" for a guy who isn't even currently running for office.  Especially if they paid money to get in.

Now, if someone wanted to go see a staid, formalish speaking engagement involving a former President, that might be another thing, but a dress up like a fool scream your head off political rally is another.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement