A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

https://news.yahoo.com/nikki-haley-calls-pence-saying-021027757.html

Nikki Haley calls out Pence for saying Trump was "wrong" about overturning 2020 election

Nikki Haley told Fox News on Monday she believed Mike Pence "did what he thought was right" when the then-vice president certified the results of the last presidential election.

Yes, but: The former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations took issue with Pence saying last week that former President Trump is "wrong" to claim that he could have overturned the results.

What she's saying: "Mike Pence is a good man. He’s an honest man. I think he did what he thought was right on that day," Haley told Fox News' Bret Baier.

Uhh Nikki, Your Orange God is literally going against a shit-ton of Republicans.

"But I will always say, I just, I'm not a fan of Republicans going against Republicans," the former South Carolina governor added.

"The only ones that win when that happens are the Democrats and the media. And we have to keep our eyes on 2022, we've gotta get the majority back in the House, we’ve gotta get it in the Senate and we’ve got a lot of governors races to win."

Uh oh, she's gonna piss off TFG and his fans.

Worth noting: Baier asked Haley during their interview whether she believed the 2020 election results were legitimate.

"Do I think Joe Biden is the legitimate president?" she said. "Yes. He’s a bad one at that."

47 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

https://news.yahoo.com/nikki-haley-calls-pence-saying-021027757.html

Nikki Haley calls out Pence for saying Trump was "wrong" about overturning 2020 election

Uhh Nikki, Your Orange God is literally going against a shit-ton of Republicans.

Uh oh, she's gonna piss off TFG and his fans.

kiss that fat orange ass 

Trump: *endlessly repeats completely fabricated and utterly baseless claim that Pence could have overturned the election FOR AN ENTIRE YEAR*

Pence: “that is factually incorrect”

Nikki Haley and the rest of the boot lickers: “SCREEEEE Mike Pence stop attacking other Republicans!!!!!!!!!1”

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, tokamak said:

Trump: *endlessly repeats completely fabricated and utterly baseless claim that Pence could have overturned the election FOR AN ENTIRE YEAR*

Pence: “that is factually incorrect”

Nikki Haley and the rest of the boot lickers: “SCREEEEE Mike Pence stop attacking other Republicans!!!!!!!!!1”

Republicans LOVE to self victimize

game of thrones khaleesi GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

57 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Hey Nikki, wake up. You’re an off-white woman. You’re never going to win the Republican nomination. Don’t debase yourself more than you already have.

Jesus, that’s pathetic. 

No doubt.  How long after she announces her run for Pres / VP would we start seeing ads with this picture:

Nikki-Haley-Family.jpg

And, POOF, her magical run in MAGAland comes to an abrupt end.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Lousy tweet.

Only the "custodian" of the document(s) who willfully destroys same is barred from office.

Someone other than Trump would have been the custodian, I'm quite sure.

"Defendant's argument regarding “custody” suffers from similar artificiality. There is no warrant for supposing, and no legislative history suggesting, that Congress meant to subject to punishment under section 2071 only those who are the custodians of records in the technical sense, such as clerks or librarians, but to permit others working in a government agency who have access to sensitive documents to destroy or alter them with impunity. The obvious purpose of the statute is to prohibit the impairment of sensitive government documents by those officials who have access to and control over them, and no court has ever held to the contrary."

United States v. Poindexter, 725 F. Supp. 13, 20 (D.D.C. 1989)
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

I find that to be very big and if the rest of congress gets on board it’ll be really limiting to trumps ability to get back to the White House. 

Don't do this to yourself. He said the same thing on January 7 or whatever. He'll be on Fox News backing down by tomorrow morning.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

53 minutes ago, tokamak said:

Don't do this to yourself. He said the same thing on January 7 or whatever. He'll be on Fox News backing down by tomorrow morning.

This.  And even if he doesn't, he'll be lambasted as a RINO by the rest of the party and the magats will try to primary him.  They'll probably lose, but they will try.

1 hour ago, tokamak said:

9 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

This.  And even if he doesn't, he'll be lambasted as a RINO by the rest of the party and the magats will try to primary him.  They'll probably lose, but they will try.

I forgot about the Jan 7 statement, which I think is a good point.  But I also think that it means something to say it again after all the smoke has cleared.  I know every Madison Cawthorn out there will have something stupid to say about it, but I really do think they cannot wage a real threat with the 'respectable face' of the R party.  If Mitch says this, then say Cornyn and Rubio-types start saying it, I think that will be a big signal to the non-white trash portion. 

2 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

I forgot about the Jan 7 statement, which I think is a good point.  But I also think that it means something to say it again after all the smoke has cleared.  I know every Madison Cawthorn out there will have something stupid to say about it, but I really do think they cannot wage a real threat with the 'respectable face' of the R party.  If Mitch says this, then say Cornyn and Rubio-types start saying it, I think that will be a big signal to the non-white trash portion. 

I look forward to the Madison Cawthorn types trying to wage war against Mitch and Co.

I agree with you and think it is a bigger deal than some are making it, because it comes on the heels of the Mar-a-Lago records fiasco/cover-up, and because Mitch said it back in January and had no reason to say it this week, especially just after Pence's statements last week.

Do I think this is some massive sea change with Republicans in Congress?  I don't know, but I don't think Mitch saying this after Pence's recent comments and Trump publicly raging that Pence could have changed the vote is a coincidence.  Mitch typically doesn't say such stuff in a vacuum.

And Hell, Nikki Haley even stated on Fox News last night that Biden won.

Okay, putting things in context is interesting.  Seems like Mitch and a few others are lashing out at the RNC, and by proxy Trump

• Mitch
  • Chuck Grassley
  • Susan Collins
  • Mitt Romney
  • Thom Tillis

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mcconnell-rnc-senate-republicans-censure-liz-cheney-adam-kinzinger/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab7e&linkId=151328167

Daylight has emerged this week between Senate Republicans and the Republican National Committee (RNC) after its members approved a resolution censuring GOP Representatives Liz Cheney of Wyoming and Adam Kinzinger of Illinois for their work on the House panel investigating the January 6 assault on the U.S. Capitol and declared the actions of the rioters "legitimate political discourse."

A number of GOP senators, including Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, have rebuked the national party over the resolution, which was overwhelmingly approved Friday, and said Republicans' focus should be on defeating Democrats in the 2022 midterm elections rather than attacking and alienating members of their own party.

"It was a violent insurrection for the purpose of trying to prevent the peaceful transfer of power after a legitimately certified election from one administration to the next. That's what it was," McConnell said Tuesday of the January 6 attack.

The issue regarding the RNC-passed resolution, he continued, is whether the national party committee should be "singling out members of our party who may have different views from the majority. That's not the job of the RNC."

"The purpose of a political party, whether it's Republican or Democrat, is to bring in as many members as you can," Senator Chuck Grassley of Iowa told reporters Tuesday. "I like to think of the Republican Party as being a big-tent party, everybody is welcome, and I like to think of us as candidates but also our party concentrating on what we can do for 2022, taking over control of the Congress."

Senator Susan Collins of Maine said Monday evening that Republicans began 2022 with a "decided advantage" on issues that will be crucial to the outcome of the November elections.

But, she warned, "every moment that is spent relitigating a lost election or defending those who have been convicted of criminal behavior moves us further away from the goal of victory this fall."

"It could not have been a more inappropriate message," Senator Mitt Romney of Utah told reporters Monday. "One, to sanction two people of character as they did. But number two, to suggest that a violent attack on the seat of democracy is legitimate political discourse is so far from accurate."

Romney said he exchanged text messages with RNC Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel, who is his niece, about the resolution and expressed his "point of view."

LOL:

On the impact the measure could have on Republicans' success in November's elections, Romney said, "Anything that my party does that comes across as being stupid is not going to help us."

Looking ahead to GOP's efforts to regain majorities in the House and Senate, North Carolina Senator Thom Tillis said voters are concerned about the economy and COVID-19, and want their elected officials to be focused on the future.

He also rejected the notion that those who descended upon the Capitol and breached the building, temporarily halting the Congress's counting of state electoral votes, were "engaged in legitimate political discourse." "The minute you entered the Capitol building, it was no longer discourse, it was riot," Tillis said Tuesday. "And people that crossed that line — no question in my mind there were people on the lawn that came there to voice their opinion. They went home peacefully. Anyone who entered the Capitol complex, it's no different than entering a home or business, they need to be held accountable for what they did. That's not discourse."

Somebody I occasionally follow is saying that with Pence making the statements he did with the audience he had, and now Mitch and some other Republican Senators making these statements about the RNC and about January 6th, that it feels like some Republicans are trying to get way ahead of something big.  He thinks that Pence, Mitch, etc. are hearing things out of the Jan. 6 Committee that have not hit the media/general public yet.  He pulled the "check back tomorrow where I'll discuss it in more detail" crap.

Is this the Mar-a-Lago document bullshit, or does it feel like something bigger?  He could just be bullshitting (insert narrator) but it is interesting timing, and Pence, Mitch, etc., would definitely know what is going on within the Committee and/or what they have seen and/or are getting from the National Archives.

Somebody I occasionally follow is saying that with Pence making the statements he did with the audience he had, and now Mitch and some other Republican Senators making these statements about the RNC and about January 6th, that it feels like some Republicans are trying to get way ahead of something big.  He thinks that Pence, Mitch, etc. are hearing things out of the Jan. 6 Committee that have not hit the media/general public yet.  He pulled the "check back tomorrow where I'll discuss it in more detail" crap.
Is this the Mar-a-Lago document bullshit, or does it feel like something bigger?  He could just be bullshitting (insert narrator) but it is interesting timing, and Pence, Mitch, etc., would definitely know what is going on within the Committee and/or what they have seen and/or are getting from the National Archives.

Dude. Just stop.

Nothing will happen to any of the leaders of the terrorist attack on the Capitol. Nothing. No consequences, ever.
Instead, standing strong and defiant on this insures that the cultists turn out at a 100% rate, and the GQP wins lots of elections.
Remember the timeline you’re in.
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Okay, putting things in context is interesting.  Seems like Mitch and a few others are lashing out at the RNC, and by proxy Trump

• Mitch
  • Chuck Grassley
  • Susan Collins
  • Mitt Romney
  • Thom Tillis

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mcconnell-rnc-senate-republicans-censure-liz-cheney-adam-kinzinger/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab7e&linkId=151328167

LOL:

Mitch, Grassley, and Tillis all voted to acquit in the 2nd impeachment trial. All you need to know.

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

It’s piss

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Remember a few years ago when Trump said he could shoot someone and people would still vote for him?

Trump could sit next to Putin during a news conference advocating for Russian troops to take D.C. by force and declare Trump Dictator For Life with allegiance to Russia and 35-40% of the country would go along with it.

• Like 3
  • Rage+1 3

2 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

Remember a few years ago when Trump said he could shoot someone and people would still vote for him?

Trump could sit next to Putin during a news conference advocating for Russian troops to take D.C. by force and declare Trump Dictator For Life with allegiance to Russia and 35-40% of the country would go along with it.

There was a time not too long ago that such an assertion would have been absurd.

1 hour ago, Macanudo said:

surly trumpers would literally jump for joy

14 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Is this a triplehorn sock?

• Haha 1

Has anybody explained why Turtle came out and made the comments he did, along with the others?
Trump’s spokeswoman went on some weird network and started bashing Mitch after that.

Don’t forget Brian Kilmeade basically came out and said “we’re over Trumps lies” in the last few days. The bullet points have changed.

1 hour ago, Chad Fuck said:

Don’t forget Brian Kilmeade basically came out and said “we’re over Trumps lies” in the last few days. The bullet points have changed.

I found it very interesting that Trump’s spokeswoman was not on Fox News pushing Trump’s calling for Mitch to be replaced, but instead on one of the alternate alt-right channels.

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I found it very interesting that Trump’s spokeswoman was not on Fox News pushing Trump’s calling for Mitch to be replaced, but instead on one of the alternate alt-right channels.

All this happening in the same week is clearly coordinated.  

I know this sounds conspiratorial and will also trigger some Trumpian hatred.  But I'm starting to think that the OANN and other alt-right channels and social media platforms are being funded and stood up by Trump's handlers/RNC folks/that shadowy crew.  Because the mainstream GOP, and even Fox News now, is starting to pivot away from him and I think these other outlets are pushing this crazy shit still...for an audience of ONE.  Just Trump, obviously any other viewers and donations and ad sales are gravy but I think there's a chance they're being funded and sourced by some other entity outside their lunatic base of 60 year old bingo playing MAGA groupies.  And it's to keep Trump from doing something insane.  I mean he's saying and writing insane shit, but he hasn't sold any state secrets or anything yet, so I think they're trying to assuage his anger while they go after everybody else, then leave him alone and without the party under this thumb anymore.  

I dunno, we're workshopping the theory over drinks later.   

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement