A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

6 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Do we believe he had to have a reason to take top secret docs? I think it was most likely that he had no idea or interest in which documents his flunkies were slinging in the boxes, and all they wanted to do was fill the boxes so they could go get a drink.

Possible.  He managed to keep some fairly competent civil servants around that probably would have insured they made it to the Archives.  But toward the end he had dismissed them all or they quit, it seems.

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Possible.  He managed to keep some fairly competent civil servants around that probably would have insured they made it to the Archives.  But toward the end he had dismissed them all or they quit, it seems.

I bet they were shoveling shit into boxes like a broke college student who found out he could get his deposit back if the place was empty by noon.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

10 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Do we believe he had to have a reason to take top secret docs? I think it was most likely that he had no idea or interest in which documents his flunkies were slinging in the boxes, and all they wanted to do was fill the boxes so they could go get a drink.

my assumption was that he would take everything not nailed down, if for no other reason than it might make things harder on the next guy.

to think he had some complicated scheme he was laying tracks for is overestimating his strategic mind by about 10x.

• Hook 'Em 5

Just now, henrygandorf said:

my assumption was that he would take everything not nailed down, if for no other reason than it might make things harder on the next guy.

to think he had some complicated scheme he was laying tracks for is overestimating his strategic mind by about 10x.

It reminds me of the scene in Godzilla where all the generals are strategizing to fight a war, and Matthew Broderick points out "you're thinking of it as an enemy. It's just an animal."

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

He doesn’t know the rules, he doesn’t care, he has no respect for the office or anything else and fuck you he’ll do what he wants.

He actually kept the hurricane map he altered with a Sharpie. That should probably hang in the Smithsonian someday.

6202442efa4f1f00182668c1?width=750&forma

This is probably the best Trump artifact. He literally used a sharpie marker to extend a hurricane graphic to explains his stupidity, and thought no one would notice, or if they did, they would believe it was created by the NOAA. The amount of narcissism involved in this graphic is impressive 

• Hook 'Em 5

9 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

Yeah, he’s not a complex thinker. Whatever satisfies him right now, that’s what he does. I doubt his instructions went beyond, “Box everything up and take it with us.” Then he probably forgot about it. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

God.  i hope you're right.  And it's not that I think he had a complicated scheme.  I think he had a lot of debt and wanted to sell shit from the White House, up to and including state secrets.  He also had members of his own family who he forced through security clearances for who could have boxed up the documents.

11 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

This is probably the best Trump artifact. He literally used a sharpie marker to extend a hurricane graphic to explains his stupidity, and thought no one would notice, or if they did, they would believe it was created by the NOAA. The amount of narcissism involved in this graphic is impressive 

He actually made the weather service go back and revise their prediction in order to support his mistake. And then he sold Trump-branded Sharpies in the online grift shop.

for anyone wondering, like i was, about "classified" documents (and it may very well say this in one of the linked articles) - though a president can technically declassify anything he wants whenever he wants - he has to do it while president and it must be documented.  which is to say, he can't just up and claim these documents were declassified by him a couple years ago and have it mean anything legally.  not that anything means anything legally, but i thought it was an interesting clarification i heard yesterday in an interview.

• Hook 'Em 5

25 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Verbing? I had to google that because it sounded like a bullshit word. It is a word and you used it correctly.

He verbed verb!  But I think doing so for the purpose of criticizing the practice of verbing nouns is the most legitimate form of verbing.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

for anyone wondering, like i was, about "classified" documents (and it may very well say this in one of the linked articles) - though a president can technically declassify anything he wants whenever he wants - he has to do it while president and it must be documented.  which is to say, he can't just up and claim these documents were declassified by him a couple years ago and have it mean anything legally.  not that anything means anything legally, but i thought it was an interesting clarification i heard yesterday in an interview.

Still, if he gets called on the carpet for it, he's going to do his best Michael Scott "I declare these declassified!"

And probably go on some insane rant about how he's still Presdent and it's "his right" to do so.

And Sidney Powell or some similar dipshit will file a civil suit to try to declassify them, or have them declassified.

Edited by TwiceHorn

51 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

44 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I do not think he's above keeping trophies to show off how important he was, and he knew he'd be losing the classified briefings that other Presidents received after they left.

39 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

I bet they were shoveling shit into boxes like a broke college student who found out he could get his deposit back if the place was empty by noon.

39 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

Flip side: Leaving a bunch of classified documents laying around the WH would make it hard on the incoming administration, as they freaked out trying to figure out who had access to them and whether or not any were stolen during the transition.  I've managed apartments and dealt with people who moved out/were evicted, who gave no shits about incoming residents, and they'd leave all kinds of stuff around.

Plus, taking such documents creates a literal paper trail to Mar-a-Lago as well.

It could go either way, but I don't think it was accidental - his flunkies/etc. would have only been boxing up stuff if they thought it would make him look bad, or they would profit off of it (say a fancy chair or other piece of furniture).  But I don't doubt that he might want copies of certain classified things that he thinks could benefit him, particularly election stuff, or Hunter Biden's laptop or Hillary's emails.

33 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Flip side: Leaving a bunch of classified documents laying around the WH would make it hard on the incoming administration, as they freaked out trying to figure out who had access to them and whether or not any were stolen during the transition.  I've managed apartments and dealt with people who moved out/were evicted, who gave no shits about incoming residents, and they'd leave all kinds of stuff around.

yeah, these two situations are not similar.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

yeah, these two situations are not similar.

I still think he is not above collecting trophies to show off to people.

Or it was some kind of "insurance", either election related, or blackmail material - stuff that he could use to take other people down.

Edit: Before anybody says he wouldn't care about such things, I could easily see him keeping around various classified info that implicated others, printouts of emails from various people or CC'ed to various people, etc.

Edited by atomheartbevo

1 hour ago, RDCanecutter said:

He considers them his and doesn’t gaf 

image.gif.a816e98d5afa7c55c6fd075e41e978c5.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I still think he is not above collecting trophies to show off to people.

i definitely agree with this part.

as for the other shit, i would assume it's more like he (or his stooges) were taking everything and if anyone was like, "wait, biden's people will probably need that binder" then it made them want to take it more.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

If he's eating WH documents, maybe they don't fully digest. Would account for his standing posture and gingerly walking down a ramp like he shat a binder that morning. 

He has never been able to digest anything above a third grade reading level. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

I find it unfathomable that anyone with a brain cannot see why the former president departed with a truck full of government documents.

He has always been such an eco-minded person, concerned with how earth's resources are used and abused. Every single sided classified document has now been flipped over and the back side used at Mar-a-Lago because the former president first and foremost is a champion for trees!

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I find it unfathomable that anyone with a brain cannot see why the former president departed with a truck full of government documents.

He has always been such an eco-minded person, concerned with how earth's resources are used and abused. Every single sided classified document has now been flipped over and the back side used at Mar-a-Lago because the former president first and foremost is a champion for trees!

"No one loves trees more than Trump."

13 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

SIAP. While criticizing Biden's mental competence, Trump misspelled "incompetent."

Somehow I always knew that a person could be an expert con artist and an idiot at everything else simultaneously.

1 hour ago, AnTiM said:

Somehow I always knew that a person could be an expert con artist and an idiot at everything else simultaneously.

All the con men I’ve ever met have actually been extremely intelligent in both “book smarts” and “street smarts.”   They just hate the grind, structure, bosses, taxes, the system, etc.  but most of them could have had very prestigious jobs had they gone the straight route.  What cracks me about Trump is he’s a fantastic confidence man but also of average, to quite possibly slightly below average, intelligence.  

he reminds me more of the Italian mob guys I knew in Chicago.  Somewhat bright, somewhat chArming, somewhat intimidating, somewhat effective, and somehow usually gets his way after basically pissing away what others have already setup for him beforehand.  

11 hours ago, Born to Run said:
16 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:
[raises hand] Once, long ago, I got hold of a klan-type newspaper, cut it into 4" wide strips, and taped them together so I could put them on the toilet paper roll in a bathroom I thought they might use.

Man, remember when it took real effort to be subversive?

Well, it's a long-ass story for another day, but it involved me as the protagonist so I can assure you there was little actual effort involved.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

A lot of people are saying that nobody loves trees more than turmp. A lot of people didn't know that.

He actually does really celebrate trees more than any other President since Teddy Roosevelt.  On Arbor Day, each year, he allows Tiffany Trump to eat with the family.  

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement