A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

6 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

As much as I am a Guardian of The Ledge, you were saying the same thing in 2020.

Of course, if the House turns back to the Rs (and the Senate, good god), then yep, nothing will stop them.

i remember a pretty specific conversation here in the fall of 2020 where several of us said we thought he had a better chance of winning in 2024 than 2020.  and this was before he almost won again in 2020, it wasn't supposed to be that close.

things looks worse now.

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i remember a pretty specific conversation here in the fall of 2020 where several of us said we thought he had a better chance of winning in 2024 than 2020.  and this was before he almost won again in 2020, it wasn't supposed to be that close.

things looks worse now.

This.  And my warnings about 2020 were entirely about the "look at the polls, this is in the bag" shit that people kept coming back to.  2020 SHOULDN'T have been close, but it was.

2024 is indeed looking worse.  And with a GQP House?  Forget about it.  You'll never see another Dem win the presidency if there's a GQP house, because the GQP will do whatever is necessary to toss the election and send it to the House, where they will rubber stamp Donald Trump, or Trump Jr, or Ivanka, depending on the year.

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

You'll never see another Dem win the presidency if there's a GQP house, because the GQP will do whatever is necessary to toss the election and send it to the House, where they will rubber stamp Donald Trump, or Trump Jr, or Ivanka, depending on the year.

7th grade social studies hg optimist would say this is the type of thing that can only happen once.

during all the 1/6 shenanigans and concern over a potential future violent coup, i suggested that a violent coup could only happen from the left.  this is because the right is the only side that will openly steal an election.  i don't know what happens 4 years after a stolen election, but my guess is not another regular election.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

7th grade social studies hg optimist would say this is the type of thing that can only happen once.

during all the 1/6 shenanigans and concern over a potential future violent coup, i suggested that a violent coup could only happen from the left.  this is because the right is the only side that will openly steal an election.  i don't know what happens 4 years after a stolen election, but my guess is not another regular election.

Yep.  If the house steals 2024, things will not go well.  

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Dude.  There's only two steps here.

1 -- he wins the GQP nomination.  You and I both know that's a certainty.

2 -- he then wins the general.  You and I ALSO both know THAT'S almost as certain.

DOTUS is your next POTUS.  The odds are overwhelmingly high.

You were saying that in 2020.  But since the end of 2020, the China virus has been doing God's work on the Trumpkins who insist on doing their own research into COVID-19 cures instead of taking the fucking vaccine.

And while Ted Cruz, Abbott, and most of the other Republicans that might run are chickenshit cucks, don't think that DeSantis isn't above trying to take him down if he smells blood in the water.  Hell, I would not put it above DeSantis to run primary ads all over the place showing Trump telling people to get the vaccine and get the booster, with Trump getting booed.  DeSantis doesn't even have to have his name/campaign associated with such ads, it can be some SuperPAC.

DeSantis has an in with these people thanks to Trump trying to push the vaccine/booster that Trump thinks he deserves credit for. DeSantis doesn't have to win every state either.  And as much as we rage about shit DeSantis has done because we are actually paying attention, DeSantis is pretty damned attractive to Republicans who think Trump is fucking nuts/compromised/crooked/etc. and who aren't following DeSantis all that closely.

9 hours ago, TexasEd said:

I hope this prompts the creditors to call their loans due.  He falsified the value of his collateral and the financial statements were crap so they have a duty to their shareholders to limit losses and call the loans due.

russia and china are playing the long game here 

7 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

How do they get away with a literal copy of Twitter?

I hope they sue for copyright infringement or whatever.

Whoa whoa whoa. Truth Social Media Platform of Best President Ever has a red checkmark. Twitter has a blue.

Case closed.

7 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

And they've been working on it for over a year.

I hope the people who made it are charging them way too much for this.

It’s built on a free open source platform called Mastodon. You can make modifications to it, I don’t know who’s doing that for him, but you have to make those public. There may be some question whether they’re doing that in compliance with the license agreement. (Go figure.) But Trump’s definitely doing it on the cheap.

https://www.pcmag.com/news/trumps-social-media-site-quietly-admits-its-based-on-mastodon

I think what I have enjoyed the most the last few days is the Trump Organizations insistence that their accounting firm declaring all their accounting work for Trump and Co the last 10 years is unreliable, is a good thing???

With the Trump Organization proclaiming that this revelation should stop the investigations into their potential dishonesty in valuing real estate in a fraudulent manner... should now disappear because of this announcement.

The good news for Trump is that he has a wonderful business selling his merch to the stupid.  And will have a internet platform to specifically feed lies to stupid people.

Edited by horn4life

2 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Lol. Anyone know an IP attorney?

There would be four avenues, I think, for suing.

First is copyright in the source code, to the extent it's similar, but it appears that they used Mastodon source, so it's probably not similar to Twitter's.  So probably a no-go.

Second is violation of Mastodon's open-source license, which might expose to copyright infringement liability as well as breach of the contract.  But it looks like they dealt with that.

Third would be copyright in the look and feel of the product, but that doctrine is almost completely dead.

Finally would be trade dress/trademark in the look and feel of the product, which is not quite as dead as copyright in non-literal elements, but close.

Ah well, nevertheless.

17 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

can you translate for those of us who don't speak money nerd?

Basically, it means that they just took the info he sent them and put it in the financial statement format.  They did no procedures to review the information to give any sort of assurance that this information is right and totally not made up.  In other words, Trump could completely be making shit up.  

Edited by PenelopeWitherspoon
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Basically, it means that they just took the info he sent them and put it in the financial statement format.  They did no procedures to review the information to give any sort of assurance that this information is right and totally not made up.  In other words, Trump is no doubt completely be making shit up.  

FIFY

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Basically, it means that they just took the info he sent them and put it in the financial statement format.  They did no procedures to review the information to give any sort of assurance that this information is right and totally not made up.  In other words, Trump could completely be making shit up.  

Holy Crap.   People get paid good money to receive numbers from paid clients, plug them in a report, and spit them right back out without any other work and without taking any responsibility for accuracy??  

(insert the I should of started a corporate accounting firm cat meme)

3 hours ago, Restless Native said:

I don't think y'all understand. A guy killed a lady in NYC. Checkmate.

This is the latest political bombshell. Before AOC, I don't think anyone has ever been murdered in NYC. I might have to check the statistics on that, though. Either way, thanks a lot, AOC. 

11 hours ago, Blotto said:

Why do I get the feeling that 90%+ of Trump's viewership on Truth Social will be because his sycophants will screenshot every brain damaged rant and post those on twitter.

hopefully twitter shuts this down 

how long before the place is just a pedo hang out ?

23 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

Holy Crap.   People get paid good money to receive numbers from paid clients, plug them in a report, and spit them right back out without any other work and without taking any responsibility for accuracy??  

(insert the I should of started a corporate accounting firm cat meme)

Well if you don't mind a spot of fraud and illegality you'll find quite a bit of easy money. It's sort of trump's thing

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement