A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

18 hours ago, tchookem said:

But we have to investigate first. Too many people seem to be fine with zero investigation into Jan 6, 2021. Oddly, they seemed fine with investigating Hillary. Just more bad faith positioning. Many of those people also use the phrase "witch hunt".

Your response former response doesn't jive with the latter.

Jibe, dummy.  JIBE!!!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Lobo said:

If somebody comes in and pisses and shits all over the school cafeteria, you gotta give the custodian some time to clean it up before we can have a nice lunch.  

Yeah, but you've also got the same people coming right behind him and shitting and pissing all over it again.  Vicious cycle.

2 hours ago, Blotto said:

After watching the unmitigated train wreck that was Donald Trump's administration and knowing all of the damage he has caused this country, if you gave Slorch a 2016 do-over, he would vote for Trump today over Hillary. He can't even articulate what she would have done in 4 years to rival the colossal damage managed by Trump, he just knows she's evil.

He's just another GOP rube whose fucking brain broke after Obama was elected. Why you guys bother arguing with him is beyond me. This dumb motherfucker will reliably vote GOP in every race that doesn't feature the name Trump, effectively supporting the power structure that enables that orange fuck. Trump = GOP today. You can't separate the two. If you support the latter, you support the former.

Slorch knows that, and will keep voting for the GOP. And he sleeps just fine at night, because he didn't vote for fat donnie (allegedly). 

I know a very well known Republican operator in Texas wanted to figure out approx. how many people voted for Trump in 2016 but did not vote for Trump in 2020.  We know many people voted for him in 2020 but not in 2016 (the opposite).  But he had what looked like a reliable sampling model (I got a 'C' in statistics, so I dunno IRL) to see how many hung back from Trump in 2020 or even voted for Biden.

I know the RNC has all the "new" voters in 2020 for Trump, whom didn't participate in 2016 (to me, the most disturbing portion of this country---"Hey, I don't usually vote but these last four years of chaos finally convinced me to get down the DMV...during a pandemic...to register to vote, something I haven't bothered to do in decades!").  I estimate there's at somewhere between 6-10mm usual GOP voters that did not break for Trump in 2016 or 2020.  But what I'd like to see is how many reliable GOP voters went for Trump in 2016 but did not vote/vote for Biden in 2020.  But apparently an incredibly valuable piece of political information...has nobody in authority interested in discovering it.  I find that odd.  

13 hours ago, Lobo said:

One year in, has anybody had their guns confiscated by the Biden Administration?  Or were they too busy giving out free, mandatory abortions?  

I'm not a big fan of Biden, but I'm giving him a pass on his first year.  If somebody comes in and pisses and shits all over the school cafeteria, you gotta give the custodian some time to clean it up before we can have a nice lunch.  

I am just about finished buying back all the guns Obama took and now you are telling me Biden is going to take my new guns.  I guess I will have to go buy more guns and also remember to pay my NRA renewal.  

3 hours ago, Blotto said:

He can't even articulate what she would have done in 4 years to rival the colossal damage managed by Trump, he just knows she's evil

hillary had to overcome 15+ years of fox news propaganda. that’s a lot to ask from anyone.  they know she would’ve been a total disaster but they have no details after that. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

hillary had to overcome 15+ years of fox news propaganda. that’s a lot to ask from anyone.  they know she would’ve been a total disaster but they have no details after that. 
Hell, the VRWC propaganda campaign started with Limbaugh and Gingrich in 1993 and continues to this day, even among lefties and centrist Dems. Wanna win elections consistently? Stop undermining your own political allies. I would vote for Bernie or Hillary or any Dem over any current GOP politician but one thing the GOP always does well is coalesce around its leading candidates and not undermine each other the way Dems do. Berners and Obamaites normalized some of the worst right wing talking points about HRC to the point that those lies and distortions about her "evilness" took on their own reality and there's no walking it back. She's a badass political figure who would have made a great president but this country wasn't ready for a woman following a black guy, so both left and right loves to sell a stupid narrative about how awful she is. And that's how we got Trumpism.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Despite the fact that they can’t point to any actual crimes, they chant “Lock her up!” They continued to chant it even after she lost the election as if it had become liturgy. And yet Trump commits his crimes right out in the open and asks what are you going to do about it. And none of his supporters care. It’s insanity. 

I don't so much care about the Clinton stuff, as I was in middle school/high school, but this is the most relevant part for today.  The Rs don't care about evidence.  They care about feeding the hate machine.  The cognitive dissonance of the base is amazing and horrifying to watch.

4 minutes ago, Captainant said:

rubles still spend, comrade

I had to check. Apparently they’re supposed to go live next month? I’m not sure if that will ever happen. I’m pretty sure they still have some legal hurdles to overcome. (After all, it’s a Trump enterprise, so what else should we expect?)

I have this bookmarked from last October. I’m not sure if these issues have been resolved. I just sort of assumed that nothing would ever come from the venture but that Trump might get some suckers to invest in it. I guess that still remains to be seen.

https://www.thebulwark.com/truth-social-violated-mastodons-tos-trumps-entire-platform-might-now-be-doa/

56 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I had to check. Apparently they’re supposed to go live next month? I’m not sure if that will ever happen. I’m pretty sure they still have some legal hurdles to overcome. (After all, it’s a Trump enterprise, so what else should we expect?)

I have this bookmarked from last October. I’m not sure if these issues have been resolved. I just sort of assumed that nothing would ever come from the venture but that Trump might get some suckers to invest in it. I guess that still remains to be seen.

https://www.thebulwark.com/truth-social-violated-mastodons-tos-trumps-entire-platform-might-now-be-doa/

IMO, the current energy we see in the project is principally because of devin nunes having nothing better to do with his time. He's the current CEO of the venture, and recently resigned from congress. And he's been in trump's pocket since 2017.

On 1/22/2022 at 4:21 PM, RDCanecutter said:

In a full 3rdWorldPolitics scenario, "Florida" would not be doing anything. "DeSantis" would.

DeSantis, so sad to have to turn over the man standing in the way of DeSantis' higher ambitions. Maybe rig the extradition so DeSantis can later run on avenging it.

Can we get a photoshop of Trump's head on Elian Gonzalez's body?

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

This needs to be sent out to every voter in Texas so they know who the enemies of the republic in our state are.  I guess it would only resonate with like 48% of them, but still.

Why would you do their marketing for them? They’ll publicize it themselves nonstop. 

15 minutes ago, Blotto said:

it must kill that little Nazi manlet that Trump endorsed Abbot. 

I don't understand! I said the Cowboys would win the Super Bowl if I was elected!

9 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

He's in the doghouse after he called Trump's 1/6 supporters terrorists a few weeks ago.

literally. he'll be the surprise guest. lights do down, this quote appears on the screen.

“I am not in the habit of supporting people who attack my wife and attack my father,” he said. “And that pledge was not a blanket commitment that if you go and slander and attack Heidi that I’m going to nonetheless come like a servile puppy dog.” - Ted Cruz, 7/21/2016

And then Trump leads Cruz out on stage

Ted Cruz Cartoon2.jpg

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Horndog said:

Defenestration is a tough way to go. 

And it's extremely hard to make it look like an accident, thanks to security cameras that can easily catch you getting on and off an elevator at certain times, or entering a stairwell, etc..  Say what you want about the Russians, but they make it look really fucking easy.

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

Sat where? On the shitter?

You don't remember?  He had super-busy agendas every day.

"Many phone calls.  Many meetings."

That was LITERALLY a statement released by the administration as to the kind of agenda that Dotard had on any given day.  We live in a world where that was a thing.  That happened.  And now the people who made it happen are making insane claims that Dotard was on the job, being super-president, 24/7.

Reality and truth no longer have any value in this country.  Just say whatever you want and call it true.  That is the order of the day.  What could possibly go wrong?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

So, I get to spend a few days next week at Trump Doral for a conference.  Any recommendations on what to eat there?  Maybe a hamburger that doesn’t have a bun or something.  I hear they have that.  Can’t wait to stay at a place with pictures of him everywhere and lots of gold accents on everything.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement