A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

45 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

when you come home to 5 notifications that twicehorn quoted your post.

i wasn't expecting a prosecution or any actual criminal charges from mueller or the impeachments, but i think the prevailing 'hope' was that some republicans would snap out of it when presented with all the gruesome details.  clearly after 2 impeachments, we got what, 2 votes from the right?  1 vote to allow evidence?  who the f knows.

as far as them being a colossal waste of time, that depends on what you consider acceptable results.  i wanted him to not be able to run again, but he can and he will.  i also wanted him to lose the election, which he did, repeatedly.  there's also the whole "if we don't impeach him for this, then why have the impeachment process at all?"

not impeaching him sends a message that i'm not totally comfortable with, so i still land on the "yes it was worth it" side.  you still gotta throw strikes, hit the ball, and catch the ball, even if you know deep down that the umpires are crooked.

Fair.  I wasn't against them at the time and probably harbored some foolish hope that something would come of them beyond sound and fury, signifying nothing, or very little.

• Hook 'Em 1

Trump ain’t the president anymore and he’s never wiggled out of the DOJ prosecuting him for attempting to overthrow the US government.

I have absolutely no problem with their taking their time because it’s just too damn important but that motherfucker needs his passport revoked at a minimum. 

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

A couple of things on that.  Trump has rarely if ever faced a criminal prosecution.  A lot of his tried and true tactics for evading massive civil judgments just won't work in the criminal context, although the burden of proof is higher.

Second, it was fairly foolish of anyone to expect a prosecution to result from the Mueller investigation given the law on prosecution of the sitting President.

Third, I am increasingly of the opinion that the impeachments were a colossal waste of time.  The outcome was basically foreordained and anything that happened in the House was basically wasted breath that only hardened each side and had nearly zero revelatory or persuasive value.

And those are the things that lead to the "ah well nevertheless" and "we got him" memes.

Trump has rarely gone against the government, and he has lost when he has.  Because the government doesn't usually fuck around.

Impeachment was not a waste of time. It proved the republicans, sans Romney in the first one and a few other in the second one, are now on record that they are a criminal organization. That is ultimately good to know to realize the type of organization you are dealing with and can be used as evidence in future prosecutions after the war crimes are committed. 

• Like 2

All in all, this might be one of the worst weeks of TFG's life.  It really feels like shit might hit the fan soon on multiple points.  
I for one cannot fucking wait.
200.gif

You need to get over that. He’s bulletproof.

Game it out. Imagine that he’s charged with a crime in New York. Do you really think Florida will extradite him? Shit, they’ll put armed state trooper SWAT teams up to guard him round the clock.

Ask yourself “what would happen to a beloved dictator in a divided shithole country?” That’s what will happen here.
  • Rage+1 1

13 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Game it out. Imagine that he’s charged with a crime in New York. Do you really think Florida will extradite him? Shit, they’ll put armed state trooper SWAT teams up to guard him round the clock.

Ask yourself “what would happen to a beloved dictator in a divided shithole country?” That’s what will happen here.

my expectations are always low and the hope is for one or both of the following to surround him - uncomfortable and expensive.  if things for him go those directions, that's all i can ask.

54 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

38 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

my expectations are always low and the hope is for one or both of the following to surround him - uncomfortable and expensive.  if things for him go those directions, that's all i can ask.

The National Archives are releasing his papers to the committee (and plenty have been released).  It may seem like very little to you, but it's definitely not "bulletproof" - as henrygandorf said, keep your expectations low.  And he can't protect himself or his kids from the shenanigans that went on with his NYC holdings.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Your constant pessimism is duly noted. As always.

What you fail to acknowledge, as always, is that trump is not the president anymore. And before he was a nobody who nobody gave a shit. Once he was as the president there was nothing anybody could do. That’s all gone. It’s why he attacked the Capitol to preserve that.

Do you not understand how important that is? You seem like you are very intelligent. You should at least acknowledge that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

All in all, this might be one of the worst weeks of TFG's life.  It really feels like shit might hit the fan soon on multiple points.  

I for one cannot fucking wait.

Happy Jennifer Aniston GIF

I have seen more than a couple of things indicating that he is extremely agitated this week.

And that agitates me in my britches.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I wouldn't think the RNC would be covering the legal fees his kids are running up, especially if those are tied to NYC tax evaluation stuff or whatever.  

Would it surprise you all that much if they were? If not the RMC then some Trump PAC is paying their legal fees. The kids are every bit the grifters that their daddy is. It’s the family business. 

4 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Would it surprise you all that much if they were? If not the RMC then some Trump PAC is paying their legal fees. The kids are every bit the grifters that their daddy is. It’s the family business. 

Trump has so many grift vehicles to strip the rubes from there money.  Candy from a baby and wutnot.

28 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

You mean mobsters. It's a fucking mafia family. A shitty one. But it's all the same tactics.

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

You mean mobsters. It's a fucking mafia family. A shitty one. But it's all the same tactics.

You don’t have to be Italian to be a mobster and the Trumps are definitely mobsters. Is there such a thing as disorganized crime? Because using the term organized crime seems a little too kind to describe that family’s operation. But they’re a criminal syndicate as much as any mafia family is. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

I see your point but his ego won’t allow him to just stay in Florida. He will be obsessed with his NY ans NJ properties. Especially if they go into receivership or something similar as a result of a NY civil court defeat.

This is not a normal criminal we are dealing with here. He is the most insecure narcissist I have ever seen. He won’t be able to digest the loss.
  • Hook 'Em 3

I see your point but his ego won’t allow him to just stay in Florida. He will be obsessed with his NY ans NJ properties. Especially if they go into receivership or something similar as a result of a NY civil court defeat.

This is not a normal criminal we are dealing with here. He is the most insecure narcissist I have ever seen. He won’t be able to digest the loss.
He would absolutely stay in Florida surrounded by sycophants and air his grievances with his fake tweet statements.
The man mostly watches TV and bitches wile occasionally yelling at a lawyer to do something. Pure Id.
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Um, Florida has no choice but the extradite him.  Pretty fucking plain in the Constitution. 

Um, Florida has no choice but the extradite him.  Pretty fucking plain in the Constitution. 

Insert any number of laughing gifs.

Because….
Yeah, because they've shown that they're going to follow the Constitution.  The rule of law only applies to the libs.

This. Florida would 100% happily create a constitutional crisis to protect their god. Hell, they hope to have that opportunity - accelerate the inevitable death of the republic and birth of the Trump dictatorship. That’s a WIN for them.

On 1/21/2022 at 1:58 PM, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

it's time to start hanging motherfuckers

If firing squads were allowed I’d prefer that but I’ll settle for hangings. The gallows should be set up in front of the capitol though for maximum effect with the photos. Broadcast around the world.

This is worse than the civil war and the confederacy. This is an attempted coup and revolution based on one egomaniac and a bunch of his dipshits. At least there was a reason the south seceded. This has no reason whatsoever other than protecting one man and is therefore far, far worse. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Because….

This. Florida would 100% happily create a constitutional crisis to protect their god. Hell, they hope to have that opportunity - accelerate the inevitable death of the republic and birth of the Trump dictatorship. That’s a WIN for them.

This will not be an issue. 

10 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

If firing squads were allowed I’d prefer that but I’ll settle for hangings. The gallows should be set up in front of the capitol though for maximum effect with the photos. Broadcast around the world.

This is worse than the civil war and the confederacy. This is an attempted coup and revolution based on one egomaniac and a bunch of his dipshits. At least there was a reason the south seceded. This has no reason whatsoever other than protecting one man and is therefore far, far worse. 

States rights, right?

26 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

States rights, right?

The state rights to own slaves. 

I actually remember the first time I heard that the civil war was a fight over states rights. It came from an aunt who also told me pizza was actually good for you. I was 6 or 7. I totally agreed with the pizza part. Didn’t care about the civil war part at the time. 

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

his body should swing for 7 days 

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

It's fucking nuts right?  Every once in a while I take a step back and have this reaction.  How the fuck did we let this happen?

What amazes me more is that after 4 years of watching what he did as President, people said, “Yeah, this guy is great and we need 4 more years of this”.  

Edited by Beantown Express 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 5

4 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

What amazes me more is that after 4 years of watching what he did as President, people said, “Yeah, this guys is great and we need 4 more years of this”.  

Not only great, but the President ever. Fucking insane 

23 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

What amazes me more is that after 4 years of watching what he did as President, people said, “Yeah, this guy is great and we need 4 more years of this”.  

Spoke to my FIL today (voted dotard in 16, biden in 20) and he doesn't think dotard will get the nomination in 24 and also said there are "crazies on both sides".  This is my fucking concern.  A lot of people think this is over.  We got rid of dotard in 20 and they have gone back to their "normal" world.  They don't pay attention and don't see what the Rs are continuing to do.

This is why we are going to lose.  

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Because….

Texas would too.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

22 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

21 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Your constant pessimism is duly noted. As always.

What you fail to acknowledge, as always, is that trump is not the president anymore. And before he was a nobody who nobody gave a shit. Once he was as the president there was nothing anybody could do. That’s all gone. It’s why he attacked the Capitol to preserve that.

Do you not understand how important that is? You seem like you are very intelligent. You should at least acknowledge that.

E8BE6372-76DE-4CF7-B647-68C23091C85C.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I forget who originally posted it, but I am in favor of these traitors being strapped to the deck or container of a ship traveling the north Atlantic in the winter and pushing them overboard.
  • Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:
5 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

I forget who originally posted it, but I am in favor of these traitors being strapped to the deck or container of a ship traveling the north Atlantic in the winter and pushing them overboard.

Nah. Send them all to a Caribbean resort for life. Except they have to work as waiters. The psychological murder will be complete.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:
5 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

maybe let the navy use it for target practice? or better yet, strafe it a few times with a A-10. See if they can dodge 4000 rounds per minute

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bookman said:

Still can't believe this piece of shit was elected President. It says an awful lot about this country.

In hindsight it really is amazing. Growing up I thought this country was the greatest in the world.

At UT I had a Spanish professor from some Central American country who espoused it wouldn’t last and predicted it would end in our lifetime. I thought he was wrong and argued with him about that...

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Spoke to my FIL today (voted dotard in 16, biden in 20) and he doesn't think dotard will get the nomination in 24 and also said there are "crazies on both sides".  This is my fucking concern.  A lot of people think this is over.  We got rid of dotard in 20 and they have gone back to their "normal" world.  They don't pay attention and don't see what the Rs are continuing to do.

This is why we are going to lose.  

It ain’t over. Far from it.

I knew we were in danger but I foolishly did not see January 6 happening. Luckily the worst didn’t happen but what has happened since is worse. These people must hang and since Biden is the president, it still can happen. 

11 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

In hindsight it really is amazing. Growing up I thought this country was the greatest in the world.

At UT I had a Spanish professor from some Central American country who espoused it wouldn’t last and predicted it would end in our lifetime. I thought he was wrong and argued with him about that...

Back around 2008 or so some loony Russian bureaucrat was going around predicting the US would break up into six or so separate countries.  I figured those articles were clickbait but hell he was probably leading the mind control ops that have sunk this country.  Joke’s on me I guess.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Back around 2008 or so some loony Russian bureaucrat was going around predicting the US would break up into six or so separate countries.  I figured those articles were clickbait but hell he was probably leading the mind control ops that have sunk this country.  Joke’s on me I guess.

Fox News introduced the red state versus blue state dynamic back when bush was the president. This didn’t exist before. When Reagan won the states he won were characterized by the media as blue. At that time color didn't matter, Colors used to not matter.

The reason for that is division. Everyone understands colors and it’s one of the first thing we learn as children. You are now either on the red team or the blue. Not red white and blue. This is all planned. 

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement