A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

10 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Maybe?

long thread so click through and read his other tweets

That suit was filed for no reason than to tie all of DJT’s Fox News Cinematic Universe threads together into one official looking complaint for the propaganda networks to amplify. As an added bonus, they get the additional conspiracy of a Bad Judge. 

It’s nothing less than using the court system as a disinformation megaphone and is indicative of how our institutions aren’t built to counter actual malign actors who want to destroy and not work within them. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

3 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

The idea that the executive branch cannot review some official executive branch documents created under a past administration because of “executive privilege” is complete bullshit and a fundamental misunderstanding of how democratic power transitions work. It also contains the seeds of a more nefarious narrative: that there is a “legitimate” government (DJT and his political cronies) and an illegitimate “deep state” (federal executive branch officials). 

Every single argument that is being presented boils down to one argument: DJT can do whatever he wants.

The fact that important law people like a federal judge are spending brain power and resources on this shit is not evidence of the majesty of U.S. common law. 

They really need to be sanctioned.  Possibly even more than the election bullshit.  To that end, the final sentence of the order:

(7) I reserve jurisdiction to adjudicate issues pertaining to sanctions.

There's also that overlong "notice of intent to sue" he sent CNN that is similarly a grievance memo.  That James Trusty fucker is the lawyer on that and probably why it hasn't been filed.

Edited by TwiceHorn

Asked about Trump’s claims that he actually won the 2020 election, Cobb said, “I believe former President Trump to be a deeply wounded narcissist, and he is often incapable of acting other than in his perceived self-interest or for revenge.”

’“I think those are the two compelling instincts that guide his actions,” Cobb said.

“He doesn’t believe he lost. I believe that,” he said.

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

This is the biggest breach of national security since Snowden and the legal system will take months of paper fights discussing if Trump has the legal right to be a dictator 

[Twice]Well we have to let him do it, otherwise we don't operate a system of laws anymore[/horn]

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 3

5 hours ago, Captainant said:

[Twice]Well we have to let him do it, otherwise we don't operate a system of laws anymore[/horn]

Not ever what I said.

You, however, cannot seem to tolerate the slightest bit of due process if you're mad enough at the defendant.  That is 100% accurate.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Not ever what I said.

You, however, cannot seem to tolerate the slightest bit of due process if you're mad enough at the defendant.  That is 100% accurate.

Due process isn't abusing the court system with contradictory and counterfactual filings by the defendant, or the courts issuing rulings that are wholly unsupported by law that legitimize those false filings by trumpco. You're acting like we should be taking them seriously and lower the legal system to their level and play calvinball with them, which ain't gonna end well if you like democracy

• Hook 'Em 5

3 hours ago, Captainant said:

Due process isn't abusing the court system with contradictory and counterfactual filings by the defendant, or the courts issuing rulings that are wholly unsupported by law that legitimize those false filings by trumpco. You're acting like we should be taking them seriously and lower the legal system to their level and play calvinball with them, which ain't gonna end well if you like democracy

The fact that this tub of fucking lard is a free man right now should enrage every single one of us….even if you’re a GQPer.

The fucking guy STOLE TOP SECRET DOCUMENTS…STOLE!!!!!

Wake up you IMBECILES! Your fucking grandpappys and pawpaws fought for this type of shit to never happen in America!!!

• Hook 'Em 7

38 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

You're right, it's a good thread!

along the lines of this metaphor - bro do you even know what climate change is? It's very possible that extremely infrequent rain is not an outlier and is just the new normal. I'm sure it'll rain again, but I'd bet it's going to be less frequent and less voluminous as we move more into the future. Yeah, we can do stuff to reduce or maybe even reverse the trend, but it'll take comprehensive and cohesive action.

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

along the lines of this metaphor - bro do you even know what climate change is? It's very possible that extremely infrequent rain is not an outlier and is just the new normal. I'm sure it'll rain again, but I'd bet it's going to be less frequent and less voluminous as we move more into the future. Yeah, we can do stuff to reduce or maybe even reverse the trend, but it'll take comprehensive and cohesive action.

I want Trump arrested as much as anyone.  One day my phone is going to go off with an alert and it will say "Trump taken into custody" and I'll spend the next 24 hours mainlining news and tweets.  It will happen.

DoJ has until January of 2025 to drop the hammer.  Nothing the repubs do between now and then will make a shit.  As I've said earlier, even if the six or seven cases against him don't land him in the slammer he'll run out of money.  The DoJ is coming for his kids, too.  It really is a matter of when, not if.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

FWIW Twicehorn’s take on the SM and other filings here are pretty on par with popehat and a few other legal smarty pants on Twitter. I get being frustrated with the pace of this stuff, but that seems to be the norm for any even mid profile cases. His interpretation isn’t going to mean fuck all to the actual case, so I don’t know what going after Twice is doing for you other than venting your anger at the wrong people. Trump and company are the evil fuck faces. Twice is a longhorn law dog with a unemotional take on things. 

I'm trying to play the long game here.  Giving Trump perhaps a little extra due process now, when the stakes are low means he gets less when the stakes (and the burden of proof) are high.

I'm all for indicting Trump and, more importantly, convicting him.  This will ultimately smooth that path.  I'm sorry if the collective impatience of people around here can't handle that.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Christ you are gifted at reading things into things that aren't really there.  And then venting your outrage on it.

Edited by TwiceHorn

1 minute ago, trauma babe said:

But if he announces for 2024?

It doesn't matter.  That gets him nothing.  Actually, the remote possibility that a person most people realize is a loon being back in the most powerful office in the world is extra motivation to see it never happens. 

Garland might pause for the midterms but that's it.  I've also read Garland never had a case overturned on appeal.  That's the standard.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

MAGA Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

🤣🤣

Also, I think I was peripherally aware of the 65 Project that files bar complaints against MAGA lawyers.  Some pretty good shit. https://the65project.com/

TIL that the "Kraken" lawsuits contained completely fictitious quotations from cases in addition to much of the other known fuckery and bullshittery.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

MAGA Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

🤣🤣

Also, I think I was peripherally aware of the 65 Project that files bar complaints against MAGA lawyers.  Some pretty good shit. https://the65project.com/

TIL that the "Kraken" lawsuits contained completely fictitious quotations from cases in addition to much of the other known fuckery and bullshittery.

Did they think court staff and opposing counsel wouldn’t check their cites?

43 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

It's OK. You can start believing now.  Trump is going down.  

What I can't figure out is why Gaetz isn't in jail yet.

There will always be questions about whether the gubmint can prove an offense beyond a reasonable doubt.  You can never avoid that question, particularly with a divisive figure like Trump and the vagaries of jury selection and jury deliberation.

I just want the gubmint to avoid unforced procedural errors that give him an easy out.  And if that takes a bit more time, fine by me.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

I'm trying to play the long game here.  Giving Trump perhaps a little extra due process now, when the stakes are low means he gets less when the stakes (and the burden of proof) are high.

I'm all for indicting Trump and, more importantly, convicting him.  This will ultimately smooth that path.  I'm sorry if the collective impatience of people around here can't handle that.

It’s almost like a pro se plaintiff - his lawyers are so bad - but the court might bend over backward on process to ensure a fairness but courts rarely if ever bend on the rule of law when it comes to the final outcome.

11 hours ago, Bullneck said:

It doesn't matter.  That gets him nothing.  Actually, the remote possibility that a person most people realize is a loon being back in the most powerful office in the world is extra motivation to see it never happens. 

Garland might pause for the midterms but that's it.  I've also read Garland never had a case overturned on appeal.  That's the standard.

That standard and conviction by a jury of his peers when 30% are Q-mongers. Hopefully they can be kept off the jury. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, troph said:

It’s almost like a pro se plaintiff - his lawyers are so bad - but the court might bend over backward on process to ensure a fairness but courts rarely if ever bend on the rule of law when it comes to the final outcome.

11 hours ago, Bullneck said:

Yep, the initial motion was such a mess that the government's response had to be kind of a blunderbuss, addressing every conceivable legal issue that could be raised by the motion.

That kind of thing doesn't set up for a good ruling from the trial court that gets everything right.

And it takes a strong, experienced, and confident district judge to shut down a plaintiff like Trump, whether they're sympathetic or not.

By narrowing the issue for appeal and stay to the classified documents, it seems Cannon is going to be forced to make a decision that relies on law and not on discretion, and this will be an acid test of whether she's in the bag for Trump or not.

Notable that on the latest filing, lil Lindsey Halligan is not on the signature line and dufus Evan Corcoran is at the bottom.  

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

I've listened to that several times over the years and I only just noticed he begins the interview the sentence, "Well, it was an amazing phone call."  So he's been completely unhinged from reality for at least 21 years.  I get his ego forces him to talk about how his building is now the tallest in downtown Manhattan, he can't help himself.  But when I think of 9/11, even the morning it happened when my manager was the phone with our offices in at 3WTC...a word that I've never would have thought to use would be "amazing."  

And the "everybody's been calling it the Second Tallest, now it's the tallest" is bullshit.  First off, I think even that idiot can count to two.  As in two world trade enter towers, making 40 Wall Street 3rd.  And in all my years of family and business in new York, I never once heard anybody refer to that buildings as "The Second Tallest."  I've heard/read it called 40 Wall, the Trump Building, or most often---the Manhattan/Chase-Manhattan Building.  

And what a classy, patriotic move by Trump to bring up any of this shit during footage of thousands of New Yorkers being crushed and burning to death.  Obviously we know he was watching cable news at the time.  Not even a perfunctory, "I'm checking to make sure all the people in our building down there are safe and accounted for."  Nope, not this fucking guy...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

When trumps lawyers are aware the he’s continuing to break the law in a new manner, doesn’t that nullify attorney-client privilege? Or at least it would seem they would be ceasing to be his lawyer and instead be co-conspirators and thereby the privilege is gone.

There's a legal doctrine called the "MAGA-attorney-client privilege" that would apply. It's a common law doctrine that is only applicable when the judge was appointed by Trump.

Pick your adventure ….

1 minute ago, Bookman said:

There's a legal doctrine called the "MAGA-attorney-client privilege" that would apply. It's a common law doctrine that is only applicable when the judge was appointed by Trump.

the queen passed this legal doctrine, in secret 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Underdog said:

I’ll say it again, Trump was behind the 9/11 attacks in some fashion. Was already deep in Saudi pockets. 

This may be a stretch even though I wouldn't put it past his lack of ethics.  But he has the planning and tactical prowess of under-developed toddler participating the marshmallow deferred gratification study.  

Plus 9/11 would only the second worst airplane-related disaster Trump was associated with after Trump Shuttle in the early 90's.  Both Northwest and U.S. Airways both competed to work with Citi's workout group to get the "airline" outta the weeds and on the way to at least not hemorrhaging cash quarter over quarter.  And for two years, he fucked completely viable deals to relieve him of almost all his debt, maintain airline assets, and transfer it off Citi's balance sheet (not to mention some pubic goodwill within the industry for years to come should he want to take another crack at the industry).  

I mean, there are dozens.  literally dozens of business deals and market verticals that Trump has left worse than when he found them.  The guy could fuck up a cup of coffee.  It's an uncanny gift that his track record is this shitty but he remains seen as a billionaire.  

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement