A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

27 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

This guy. Has on his account header 2 Timothy 1:7; I use the King James Version: "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

But I'm guessing Mr. Miller uses the New International Version or something similar: "For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline." However, whoosh goes the verse over Mr. Miller's head.

18 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

treason.jpg

It's extra funny because he really does have the worst fucking lawyers as George Bluth famously said.  

Seriously, you have to try really hard to deal in New York commercial real estate for 50 years, with some modicum of notoriety, and not accidentally meet 1 or 2 competent attorneys.  This guy is just fucking amazing.  

3 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Pardons, they are a comin.  I will honestly be shocked if he doesn’t resign and have pence pardon him. He might just be stupid enough to think he can get away with pardoning himself, but why risk it when you have a guaranteed pardon in pence?

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

This is where it shows that he doesn’t have some plan or that he is a rational decently smart person on any level. His ideas are devoid of any critical thought. Just like his supporters. He’s a fucking idiot savant for grift. He’s a fucking abject moron in every other arena. 

This all makes me think there is no plan, and that he's not concerned about a pardon.

He should be busting his ass off, making sure Republicans show up on Tuesday.   Instead, he's casting as much doubt as he can on the election.  He needs Mitch to keep control of the Senate, because a Democrat-controlled Senate could, in theory, investigate him and everything he's done during his time in the WH.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, aggie08 said:

You guys are dreaming. It's the same reason Jerry Sandusky will never kill himself; warped minds like this will never give you anything that resembles guilt, remorse, admission of wrongdoing, or, in Trump's case, losing. Their brains won't allow them to. They're right; we're all wrong. He won't resign, try to get a pardon, or go quietly.

Sweet, eight pound baby Jesus.  I hope you are right.  If he is dumb enough to not get a pardon on the way out the door or he tries to self pardon, he is more stupid than I think he is, and I think he is very stupid. 

Trump lawyer Cleta Mitchell has a storied past 

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2013/04/meet-cleta-mitchell-the-conservative-movements-anti-gay-eminence-grise/274629/

Even amidst all this social activism, according to a lawyer who is a close friend of Mitchell's and fought for the ERA with her, Mitchell "never talked" to her about gay issues while she was in the legislature. And yet it was work to keep gay-rights groups out of events like CPAC has come to define her public image -- though Mitchell says "no one cares" about this aspect of her career -- rather than any of her prior social activism. It has also led GOProud's Chris Barron to once call her "a nasty bigot," and LaSalvia to accuse her of "personal animosity towards gay people."

Mitchell hasn't spoken at any length as to why she suddenly seemed to be a champion of these issues as of late -- and what brought her to the Beltway wasn't social issues or even fiscal issues but term limits (she was made head of the Term Limits Legal Institute in 1991) and most of her work since has focused on areas other than social policy. But her stance is ironic in light of her past.

Namely, her first husband was gay.

Mitchell married Duane Draper, who she met in the city of Norman in her home state of Oklahoma. In 1980, Draper moved to Massachusetts to take a teaching fellowship at Harvard's Kennedy School of Government. The couple divorced two years later in July 1982 on grounds of "incompatibility." (Mitchell's friend from the Oklahoma legislature, after hesitating, said she didn't feel comfortable discussing whether Draper's sexuality was a reason for the divorce.)

In 1988, Draper became director of the Massachusetts AIDS policy office. His interest wasn't just academic or humanitarian -- he himself contracted the disease. By the time he died of AIDS in 1991, Draper was living as an openly gay man. From his hospital bed, he told the Boston Globe that his support for AIDS victims and gay rights were two elements of a single mission to make life easier for "all AIDS people, especially gay men uncertain of how families, friends, and co-workers will take [their diagnosis]." 

In 1984, Mitchell (nee Deatherage) married Dale Mitchell -- son of all-star left-fielder Dale Mitchell, who was the final strikeout in Don Larsen's 1956 World Series perfect game. As The Oklahoman noted at the time, Cleta Deatherage took her husband's last name, and in return he switched parties from Republican to Democrat -- even though she said after her retirement that she was finished with politics. But she couldn't resist the pull of elected office, and mounted an unsuccessful campaign for lieutenant governor in 1986.

Around the same time, the FBI began investigating Dale Mitchell for banking malpractice.In late 1992, he was convicted of five felony counts of conspiracy to defraud, misapplying bank funds and making false statements to banks and ordered to pay $3 million in restitution--something that his wife says convinced her that government had grown too big.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

"The ballot boxes were stuffed! They were stuffed like no one has ever seen before!". Real quote. 

Obviously, I believe you.  But can you cite a link so I can rub it in to a few extra stupid people I know this year?  Thanks.

Quick question:

does Trump and his law team believe that in a hypothetical conversation between himself, his lawyers, and say a couple of FBI agents, the entire conversation is protected by attorney- client privilege because he and his attorney are there?

if so, let’s nobody disabuse him of the notion, ok?

Edited by Pato del Muerto

9 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I know better, as I've read plenty of Trump speech transcripts etc before, but every single time I am reminded of how much like an eighth grade locker room boastful teen his speaking habits resemble. My late father had a high school education but was much more eloquent in his patterns despite growing up fatherless in poverty. I may sound like a snob to say it, but if one is going to compare oneself to Lincoln, at least know that Lincoln could parse a phrase that didn't sound so...well.. hurr durr.

• Hook 'Em 1

First days of this nightmare I thought maybe the press was reporting his conversations word-for-word and maybe with prior presidents they kind of cleaned up the quotes a bit to take out some uhhh, errr, double-speaks, etc.  About a week later I threw that idea out the window and chalked it up to him being a complete fucking dumbass.

Just now, Mrs Whiggins said:

Did someone already post about DC's mayor? Asking citizens to stay home for the next few days and away from the Trump rally stuff in the capitol to avoid mayhem and unrest.

If the Proud Boys want to fuck around and find out, start some shit with the real OG's in DC.  Those dudes don't play.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Also:

Plenty of Republicans in that group, and to me, this kind of represents the divide that could open up in the GOP.

Those Republican Secretaries of Defense that signed off on that letter, they are your traditional Republicans - the kinds of Republicans that were in the trenches for decades, and will still be around when the smoke clears from whatever is currently happening.  I think a lot more long-time Republicans fall into this category (even those that voted Trump 2020), than people realize.   This lot includes Mitch, it includes Thune, the Lincoln Project, the Georgia Governor, the Georgia SOS, etc.  and they want those Georgia seats. Trump is going to tear these Republicans down, because they didn't have his back and are fine with Biden winning, and he doesn't care if they lose the Senate.

We could end up with a third party - we've already got a shitton of Trump supporters saying "fuck the GOP, let's burn it down, this is the party of Trump".  These were people that were not a part of your traditional GOP.  They didn't necessarily put in decades of work in the trenches, doing shit jobs, etc., they were able to hitch their wagon to Trump, and ride it to success (think of all of the idiot "influencers" on the right), and they don't want to let go of that.  And then you have Cruz and the other Senators, and Louie Gohmert and friends, and they've hitched their wagons to Trump for whatever reason - either they were scared of being primaried in the future, or like Cruz, perhaps afraid that somebody like Hawley was taking attention away from him, or they think they can fill that void that Trump is going to be leaving.  Mitch cannot be happy with Cruz and Co. trying to cause this shitstorm on the verge of Georgia,, and if Hawley, Cruz, etc. are unwilling to back down when Mitch calls them out on conference calls and the like, what happens when Mitch sees to it that they have shitty committee assignments?  Because either Mitch brings them to heel, or he sidelines them.  Are they willing to tell Mitch to fuck off?  Do they chase the twitter/Parler/Facebook crowd that is happy with leaving the GOP?

I'm rambling again, but that Secretary of Defense thing jumped out at me - these are not people that are chasing Trumpanzees around, trying to win them over, but Cruz and his ilk are.  There's got to be a schism that develops.

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Plenty of Republicans in that group, and to me, this kind of represents the divide that could open up in the GOP.

Those Republican Secretaries of Defense that signed off on that letter, they are your traditional Republicans - the kinds of Republicans that were in the trenches for decades, and will still be around when the smoke clears from whatever is currently happening.  I think a lot more long-time Republicans fall into this category (even those that voted Trump 2020), than people realize.   This lot includes Mitch, it includes Thune, the Lincoln Project, the Georgia Governor, the Georgia SOS, etc.  and they want those Georgia seats. Trump is going to tear these Republicans down, because they didn't have his back and are fine with Biden winning, and he doesn't care if they lose the Senate.

We could end up with a third party - we've already got a shitton of Trump supporters saying "fuck the GOP, let's burn it down, this is the party of Trump".  These were people that were not a part of your traditional GOP.  They didn't necessarily put in decades of work in the trenches, doing shit jobs, etc., they were able to hitch their wagon to Trump, and ride it to success (think of all of the idiot "influencers" on the right), and they don't want to let go of that.  And then you have Cruz and the other Senators, and Louie Gohmert and friends, and they've hitched their wagons to Trump for whatever reason - either they were scared of being primaried in the future, or like Cruz, perhaps afraid that somebody like Hawley was taking attention away from him, or they think they can fill that void that Trump is going to be leaving.  Mitch cannot be happy with Cruz and Co. trying to cause this shitstorm on the verge of Georgia,, and if Hawley, Cruz, etc. are unwilling to back down when Mitch calls them out on conference calls and the like, what happens when Mitch sees to it that they have shitty committee assignments?  Because either Mitch brings them to heel, or he sidelines them.  Are they willing to tell Mitch to fuck off?  Do they chase the twitter/Parler/Facebook crowd that is happy with leaving the GOP?

I'm rambling again, but that Secretary of Defense thing jumped out at me - these are not people that are chasing Trumpanzees around, trying to win them over, but Cruz and his ilk are.  There's got to be a schism that develops.

Add to that Mitch's age. He knows he's not living forever but he wants to; so where does that leave him as he's faced with this schism? He appears to be leaning towards pulling his rank, but where does Kevin McCarthy figure into this?

4 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Add to that Mitch's age. He knows he's not living forever but he wants to; so where does that leave him as he's faced with this schism? He appears to be leaning towards pulling his rank, but where does Kevin McCarthy figure into this?

Either way, I don't see Mitch tolerating it - if he caves and acts like nothing happened with those 12 or 13 Senators, one of them will challenge him for his position in the not-too-distant future.

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

I don't think that georgia Republicans can do anything about the senate race. 

That Trump rally in Dalton tomorrow night is going to be interesting, though. It's in Marjorie Taylor Greene's district so it's sure to be a hoot. I hope it's peaceful.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
@atomheartbevo for the quicker response.

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

It's extra funny because he really does have the worst fucking lawyers as George Bluth famously said.  

Seriously, you have to try really hard to deal in New York commercial real estate for 50 years, with some modicum of notoriety, and not accidentally meet 1 or 2 competent attorneys.  This guy is just fucking amazing.  

image.gif.67af4c9c6d9824448ca99e1b85d599cb.gif

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

I wonder how much eyerolls and mouthed WTFs Brad and his lawyer shared during the call? I bet a million at least. 

That is what I started thinking about as well. I really wonder what they were doing while listening to him ramble

• immamac changed the title to A story about a pathetic man's downfall
  • Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement