Tom Herman Fired as UT Football Coach

texifornia

7 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Love it. Herman has been fired for like 4 hours. WHY NO NEW COACH? NO PLAN. DOOMED!!!!

But Texas fans would also have been fine with firing him on December 12 and waiting a month bc “we can haz Urban maybe?”

Theres no winning with Texas fans. 

Well there is more than one of us and we have different opinions. That makes it hard to win with all of us all of the time.

6 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

This sucks?  Herman is gone, which is good.  I have no clue on Sark but hopefully we’ve done our homework.  If not rinse and repeat in three years.

Yep. Make the best hire we can and see where it goes. All you can do.

This is a fucking mess.   Sark did well at Alabama because saban did all the hard work....allowing Sark to work with polished, disciplined, elite athletes.  Coaches fail at bog schools because the gravity of the schools are tremendous.  

Fortunately, UT is positioned on a limestone* base

* I expect to be corrected. That was just a guess

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Tim Brando can continue to go fuck himself

National Sports Media before season: “this is finally Texas’ year to make a playoff push!”

National Sports Media after disappointing season resulting in a coaching change: “Texas fans have such unrealistic expectations. What a toxic culture! No way any coach will succeed there!”

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, GTX Horn said:

National Sports Media before season: “this is finally Texas’ year to make a playoff push!”

National Sports Media after disappointing season resulting in a coaching change: “Texas fans have such unrealistic expectations. What a toxic culture! No way any coach will succeed there!”

Watching ESPN right now and this asshat is saying UT didn’t give Strong or Herman enough time to recruit and build their programs.  What a fucking joke.

• Hook 'Em 1

Watching ESPN right now and this asshat is saying UT didn’t give Strong or Herman enough time to recruit and build their programs.  What a fucking joke.
I saw it too. It was the "talk show" setup, with one asshat saying it's a good move and the other asshat saying it's a bad one.

6 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Can somebody please package up all of Brando's anti-Texas Twitter dumbassery and send it to CDC?  CDC needs to thrown a little weight around and keep Brando off of any future UT games.

The fucking guy will always try to claim being unbiased calling our games, too. Him and Tillman can get fucked

3 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Galloway’s point lost all credibility when he mentioned Strong.

10 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Can somebody please package up all of Brando's anti-Texas Twitter dumbassery and send it to CDC?  CDC needs to thrown a little weight around and keep Brando off of any future UT games.

CDC is on twitter enough I doubt he needs help with that.  If he does he'll have an intern do it.

1 minute ago, Mikey4 said:
3 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I saw it too. It was the "talk show" setup, with one asshat saying it's a good move and the other asshat saying it's a bad one.

Saw it too and it is infuriating to watch these clowns not even mention the coaching record against OU/OSU/TCU and then talk about how he is good in bowls. Morons

If Sark is in fact hired,  I don't know if he will a a good coach,  don't know if he will lock up the State of Texas  recruiting or not.

But I do know there won't be a drop of kool-aid in the Laga4 house until he beats OU,  wins a Big 12 Championship and gets in the CFP all in the same year.

Edited by Laga4
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Rockethorn1978 said:

Well when no announcement by your ad is made you let all the twitter morons make up whatever they want. Has there even been a official release that your coach was fired or has it all been handled by the B team Austin media? 

The school confirmed Tom was fired 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Well when no announcement by your ad is made you let all the twitter morons make up whatever they want. Has there even been a official release that your coach was fired or has it all been handled by the B team Austin media? 

The story broke because UT put out a press release. CDC put out a statement as well. Calm down.

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

This is a fucking mess.   Sark did well at Alabama because saban did all the hard work....allowing Sark to work with polished, disciplined, elite athletes.  Coaches fail at bog schools because the gravity of the schools are tremendous.   Networking, recruiting, position coaches, politics, donor drama.  

He catches heat from a donor al Alabama, saban makes a phone call and it goes away.    Not so as the big man in charge.  It’s constant, unrelenting, pressure that most can’t handle week after week.  Tom, with weeks off, can put together a good bowl game plan.   Bit during the season the fuck yes mount as the pace is daunting.  

This is the correct answer.  Being a HC isn't so much about X's and O's but what you just said and some schools are more high pressure than others.  Saban has basically told the boosters there to fuck off as long as he wins.  The Bama Club of Memphis or whoever the fuck can deal.  The pressure to win is immense, though.  There is no personal latitude like Mack had.

Sark failed spectacularly at one of the most high maintenance booster schools in college sports and now he's going to another?  This will end very badly.

I’d be happy if Ash stayed...I’ve seen improvement almost every week from our defense and they certainly look more confident than they did before he arrived. With a proper off-season I have faith our defense continues to improve toward the top of the conference. 

Does anyone have credible information regarding whether the playcalling and rhythms of our offense was a result of TH continuing to meddle? Or was this Yurcich’s offense all season?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

This is the correct answer.  Being a HC isn't so much about X's and O's but what you just said and some schools are more high pressure than others.  Saban has basically told the boosters there to fuck off as long as he wins.  The Bama Club of Memphis or whoever the fuck can deal.  The pressure to win is immense, though.  There is no personal latitude like Mack had.

Sark failed spectacularly at one of the most high maintenance booster schools in college sports and now he's going to another?  This will end very badly.

I'm wondering if the thought was "well, we got a lot of shit for firing Mack.  Then even more shit for firing Charlie.  We're going to get a lot of shit for firing Herman right after the 7-3 and two straight blowout wins.  So let's mix in a redemption story to soften things.  Plus that history will allow us to quickly move on if he implodes without getting shit the next time."

14 minutes ago, Laga4 said:

If Sark is in fact hired,  I don't know if he will a a good coach,  don't know if he will lock up the State of Texas  recruiting or not.

But I do know there won't be a drop of kool-aid in the Laga4 house until he beats OU,  wins a Big 12 Championship and gets in the CFP all in the same year.

image.jpeg.d89f361222a5ca01f98449d389f95a0a.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 3