Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

9 minutes ago, Bevo said:

5-7 the two years before that. Texas' record under Strong was 6-7, 5-7, 5-7 or roughly equivalent to Willingham. CDC said he wanted success at two places as a head coach. I don't think Sark fits the bill. Listen, just because I think that he was a terrible hire doesn't mean you shouldn't be excited. But, to me I think the BMDs didn't learn jack shit and went after the next shiny thing instead of looking at the criteria needed to be successful as a head coach and measuring their interviewees by those criteria.

Who did you want this year? Let's say Meyer, Mullen (thank God) and Kelly just weren't happening.

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

No they aren’t. Willingham went 0-13 his last year. 11-37 overall. 
strong was “only 5-7” and 16-21. 
Strong

was clearly not as bad as TY. 

I don't think you are looking at this objectively. Willingham took over a losing program. He turned a 1-10 team into an 0-12 team. Strong took an 8-5 team and turned it into a 5-7 team.

1 minute ago, BoomerSooner2578 said:

You guys are bringing up shit from when he was out-of-control drinking. 

I know I said, "I'll leave", but this is simply too much to ignore. He HAS to be clean, and Mike Stoops is not going to be your DC, and likely not a position coach. Sark was talented when he WAS addicted to / abusing alcohol. I realize that this post will get me AT LEAST fifteen more "fuck you" reactions, but UT would not have hired him is he was not clean and sober. 

Stop thinking about / over-analyzing the alcoholic Sark, and be open to the guy that is clean now.  

I think we are about to fuck around and find out.

image.jpeg.2e844663921bf5113f960cefc3fc9bcb.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BoomerSooner2578 said:

You guys are bringing up shit from when he was out-of-control drinking. 

I know I said, "I'll leave", but this is simply too much to ignore. He HAS to be clean, and Mike Stoops is not going to be your DC, and likely not a position coach. Sark was talented when he WAS addicted to / abusing alcohol. I realize that this post will get me AT LEAST fifteen more "fuck you" reactions, but UT would not have hired him is he was not clean and sober. 

Stop thinking about / over-analyzing the alcoholic Sark, and be open to the guy that is clean now.  

I thought his answer in the presser on his personal issues was honest and prefect. He admitted there were issues and he deals with them every day with meetings and a sponsor, and he's a better person now. Good on him. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I don't think you are looking at this objectively. Willingham took over a losing program. He turned a 1-10 team into an 0-12 team. Strong took an 8-5 team and turned it into a 5-7 team.

Why fluff up Wllingham?  He was garbage who replaced a garbage “interim” coach.  Take away Willingham, that year, and year #1 of Sark and Washington hasn’t had a losing football season since the early/mid 1970’s!

If you want to fluff Sark (and let me help you, not a hater when he isn’t shooting tequila and chasing Joey Lake Union waitresses), he is GREAT with QBs.  Holy fuck was/is he good.  Keith Price ESPN Classic vs. Argee Three good.  

Probably still meets that criteria.

He’s been an OL coach a long time, no doubt. Not a lot of issues with him being the OL coach.
Just not sure how concerns about the guy being an OC were going to be washed away by bringing up the fact he’s coached one NFL draft class at Bama

18 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

Look, I'll give the new coach the benefit of the doubt, but I hope he's changed since this:

maxresdefault.jpg

Holy shit - I didn't remember the name but I definitely remember that picture - pretty sure he was one of the young OC's we were talking about on this board when Strong was looking to replace Watson.

19 minutes ago, Bevo said:

It is fine to call me names, but before you do, please read my post: I posted the records of the Willingham years and the Sark years. So, no need for me to look them up again. If you want to do a comparison, compare Willingham to Strong. Then, compare Sark to Herman. Their transformations of the programs were roughly equivalent.

Herman is willingham now

10 minutes ago, Sundodger said:

No, talent was much, much better than that.  Even drunk Sark could win with it, and he had zero head coaching experience.  Tyrone Willingham was that terrible.

Forget it. The sunshine pumpers have already spun Sark into a great hire 🙄 With impressive speed, I must add.

anyway, I'm sure this has been rehashed but both Mitchell and Overshown seem confident we'll keep Ash + Hutzler so that gives me hope.

• Fuck You 1

Just now, UncleBuck said:

He’s been an OL coach a long time, no doubt. Not a lot of issues with him being the OL coach.
Just not sure how concerns about the guy being an OC were going to be washed away by bringing up the fact he’s coached one NFL draft class at Bama emoji2371.png

He'd be OC because thats what it would take to pay him to leave Alabama.  Sark is the OC.

Flood coached under Schiano at Rutgers - say what you want about Schiano the person, but he can coach and wouldn't allow someone who couldn't coach to hang around very long.

Just now, satyanash said:

Forget it. The sunshine pumpers have already spun Sark into a great hire 🙄 With impressive speed, I must add.

anyway, I'm sure this has been rehashed but both Mitchell and Overshown seem confident we'll keep Ash + Hutzler so that gives me hope.

How does that tweet show confidence they will be retained? Talk about sunshine pumping

• Like 1

1 minute ago, satyanash said:

Can you show me the tweets that show that confidence?  Because the one you just posted talks about those two guys coaching in a parking lot.

2 minutes ago, satyanash said:

It's ok to be happy sometimes

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

How does that tweet show confidence they will be retained? Talk about sunshine pumping

Why would he tweet that if he didn't feel they'd be coming back? Unless you think he's threatening to leave Texas if they aren't, which is a separate matter entirely.

21 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Who did you want this year? Let's say Meyer, Mullen (thank God) and Kelly just weren't happening.

IT mods tonight, according to someone online, said Campbell and Kelly weren’t happening. So it does raise the real question of who, if not Sark. 

Just now, satyanash said:

Why would he tweet that if he didn't feel they'd be coming back? Unless you think he's threatening to leave Texas if they aren't, which is a separate matter entirely.

It's the second thing. They're supporting their coaches, not saying they're back.

• Hook 'Em 3

12 minutes ago, texifornia said:

That is a great question, but I think what you are asking is if the top to choices said no and NFL guys weren't interested in being money whipped then who would I settle for. I think to answer that we have to set up some criteria and weigh them. We want someone who has proven success as a head coach. We want someone who will lead and work his ass off and demand excellence. And we want someone to hire a staff that is the best in the business. We went after someone who will bring in some excitement after losing out on our top choices. So, we as fans are left praying for something good to happen or taking a time out and revisiting the decision at a later date. Most on here seem to be taking the former approach while I am taking the latter. Maybe we will set it up so we aren't stuck with a 15mil buyout in 4 years, but I am all out of faith in our leadership. And I think we handled all this like dogshit.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Yeah I think that’s exactly what he means. Not sure how you can interpret it as Juwan Mitchell saying they are coming back when he doesn’t say that at all. Every tweet from the defensive guys is basically “keep the defensive staff”. It’s not “they are keeping the staff”. These guys didn’t even know Herman was being fired today.

you’re an idiot if you think retaining coach decisions have been made before sark even gets on the ground

Edited by taybo20

Forget it. The sunshine pumpers have already spun Sark into a great hire With impressive speed, I must add.

I’m not sure if anyone thinks he’s a “great” hire, but some of this Washington shit-hyperbole about him some of you sour asses are spouting off is pretty fucking lame.
He did about as well at Washington as could be expected by damn near anyone, especially in his first year. It’s really not even debatable, regardless of what type of bullshit you try to come up with to excuse the previous coach for going 0-12.
He was “ok-good” at USC before derailing his own career because of alcolism. He was a helluva coordinator at Bama. Let’s see what happens here.
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Beer Drinker said:

Lmao that Juwan Mitchell and Jordan Whittington think they get to name 40% of new coaching staff

No shit lol. Considering one can't stay healthy and the other sucks at his position, it looks like they'll be playing in the parking lot. Dumbasses

Edited by Spider2YBanana
  • Rage+1 1