Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

So from piecing shit together so far

QB- Milwee (don’t know shit about him but named unanimously by the 995ers)

RB- Drayton (likely to be retained, good)

WR- Keary Colbert (had good receiver classes and talent at USC. Young dude should be a good recruiter)

TE- Jeff Banks (lateral move from Bama can’t be a bad thing)

OL/OC- Kyle Flood (cannot understate how big this would be...holy fuck)

DC/Safeties- Coach Boom or Ash (I think Boom is happening and will be an absolute home run)

DT-Bo Davis (don’t know a lot about him but DL coach in the NFL with college experience)

DE- Tosh Lupoi(bro...the game will be played and recruiting would never be better)

LB- Hutzler (has been fantastic this year working with the LBs and recruiting)

CB- Corey Raymond (if this happens...holy fuck....)

ok so, I’m fully chugging kool aid with this staff...probably unrealistic but god damn...

We’ll really fuck teams up with an extra assistant coach

WR- Keary Colbert (had good receiver classes and talent at USC. Young dude should be a good recruiter)
DC/Safeties- Coach Boom or Ash (I think Boom is happening and will be an absolute home run)
DT-Bo Davis (don’t know a lot about him but DL coach in the NFL with college experience)
DE- Tosh Lupoi(bro...the game will be played and recruiting would never be better)

ok so, I’m fully chugging kool aid with this staff...probably unrealistic but god damn...

Bo was here previously. Did ok but not amazing. Would still be fine bringing him back
  • Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

I'm concerned that Covid19 is once again going to prevent us from having a normal spring practice, and the spring game may not happen. We'll need those practices with the new staff

I don’t think so. Not with us just having a season. The same protocols will be in place for practice. I think it’s absolutely gonna happen

28 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Thank so much for digging these up. Strictly x and o wise, these really aren’t much different than what we have been doing. Most people are running the same stuff when it comes down to it. Ive wished we ran morenci mesh the last few years with the slots we’ve had though. 

How fast you can get your guys to make the right reads and adjustments is the name of the game. Can you have the right pre snap reads/choices in, etc.

I think sark’s track record in being able to deliver the above is his biggest strength. If given top level athletes they obviously can score. It’s the same reason chokelahoma usually looks so much more explosive. Because they have a system and it all fits together.

6 minutes ago, Texas Flood said:

Bo was here previously. Did ok but not amazing. Would still be fine bringing him back

I think he is at his best when he plays the game.  He wasn't allowed to play the game when he was here.  He was substantially more successful prior to and after his time here.  So depends on how good we want to do at recruiting, but given some of the other names being tossed out, I assume he'd be able to potentially have more tools at his disposal this time around....allegedly.

14 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Re: The FootballScoop write-up: I guess I’d really need to know if Sark plans on being the actual “majority”/sole play-caller before having a huge opinion on Kyle Flood as the OC. Underwhelmed might be an understatement on my feelings toward Flood being the actual play-caller.
Seems like a spit-balling article, though, tbh.

I can’t see Sark not being the play caller. Not saying it’s for sure, just that regardless , the OC will in no way have autonomy

10 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

subscribed, not exactly Charlie's first year staff

12 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

I’ve been drinking heavily but isn’t that ten? Where am I over haha

Fyi...  Bo Davis ( Detroit Lions DL)

A 23-year coaching veteran, Davis came to Detroit in 2018 with extensive experience in both the professional and collegiate ranks. Prior to the Lions, he coached the 2017 season at the University of Texas at San Antonio, where he worked with the defensive line. Prior to his stint at UTSA, Davis spent time as a defensive intern with the Jacksonville Jaguars in 2016. He earned his first NFL job with the Miami Dolphins in 2006, spending a season as a defensive line assistant and assistant strength and conditioning coach.  

Davis resigned from Alabama after allegations of recruiting violations the night of the 2016 NFL Draft.   Davis served as Alabama's defensive-line coach from 2007 through 2010 and in the 2014 and 2015 seasons, with three seasons in the same position at Texas between his time with the Crimson Tide program.

Davis spent four seasons with the Crimson Tide from 2007-10 before coaching the defensive line for Mack Brown’s Texas Longhorns for three seasons. His coaching career also includes a season as Nick Saban’s  assistant defensive line coach and assistant strength and conditioning coordinator with the Miami Dolphins in 2006.

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2017/01/bo_davis_speaks_publicly_for_f.html

Edited by LTtxfan

14 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Talking about kick Butch Jones square in the balls if this happens, he was only hired a week or so ago to be his OC

15 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

We picked Bo from Bama and after a DC change Saban hired him back to Bama but then was released and went to NFL.  I think he had some recruiting violations.

16 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I mean, he inherited an 0-12 team and left at 9-4. Using your metrics of W-L, I’d say he did a hell of a job. Not using your metrics, a look at Washington’s draft history and recruiting rankings before and after he arrived offer similar stories of success.

And to be clear, I’m not calling him Nick Saban 2.0. But he did a great job at UW and calling it a failure shows a deep lack of understanding at what that program looked like before he arrived.

He turned 5-7 into 7-5 which I think is about equal to Herman's turnaround of Texas. I don't think that is great and think we should aspire to more especially when you consider that he got in trouble for recruiting violations and was not popular with admin. and showed lack of maturity and poor leadership. If you are excited though, I am excited for you.

• Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, Bevo said:

He turned 5-7 into 7-5 which I think is about equal to Herman's turnaround of Texas. I don't think that is great and think we should aspire to more especially when you consider that he got in trouble for recruiting violations and was not popular with admin. and showed lack of maturity and poor leadership. If you are excited though, I am excited for you.

If you watch his press conference, he pretty much owned up to being 33 and letting it all go to his head. Hopefully he's mellowed out (in a lot of ways).

5 minutes ago, Bevo said:

He turned 0-12 into 5-7 and then 7-5.

I don't remember Texas going 0-12 under Charlie Strong...can you link me to that season?

5 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

We picked Bo from Bama and after a DC change Saban hired him back to Bama but then was released and went to NFL.  I think he had some recruiting violations.

Good article on the 2014 recruiting violation for Bo while coaching at BAMA...

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2017/01/bo_davis_speaks_publicly_for_f.html

24 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

image.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I know this is going to be used a lot to explain a lot - but he was an alcoholic and was showing plenty of signs in Washington that his addiction had gotten the better of him.

I think its incredibly difficult drawing any kind of conclusions about his behavior or maturity based on his time in Washington or USC.

He's 5 years removed from the greatest humiliation of his life at USC and I'm guessing close to 5 years sober.   I think his time in Atlanta and at Alabama is probably a better indicator of his maturity/personality/leadership.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Cashcar said:

he turned 0-12 into 7-5...Washington was 0-12 the season before he took over. They were fucking dogshit.

They lost Jake Locker to a broken hand that year, which was a big part of why they went 0-12. Sark got him back healthy in his first year.

Edited by satyanash

2 minutes ago, Cashcar said:

he turned 0-12 into 7-5...Washington was 0-12 the season before he took over. They were fucking dogshit.

Tyrone Willingham was dogshit and future top 10 QB draft pick Jake Locker was injured week #1, and his backup was DII talent at best.

if you want to fluff up Sark, don’t hang your hat on the Willingham garbage.  His work with QBs post Jake Locker is a starting point.  Keith Price, not even CFL worthy won games under Sark.  Watch the RG3 vs. Keith Price ESPN instant classic Alamo Bowl.

33 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

In GIFs | Tenor

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

That is full on dream casting but yea if that lands holy shit

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Cashcar said:

5-7 the two years before that. Texas' record under Strong was 6-7, 5-7, 5-7 or roughly equivalent to Willingham. CDC said he wanted success at two places as a head coach. I don't think Sark fits the bill. Listen, just because I think that he was a terrible hire doesn't mean you shouldn't be excited. But, to me I think the BMDs didn't learn jack shit and went after the next shiny thing instead of looking at the criteria needed to be successful as a head coach and measuring their interviewees by those criteria.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, MoJames said:

Granted Washington was a solid 11-37 the 4 years prior to Sark, so that 0-12 was a blip on the impressive 11-25 record.

Sorry to beat a dead horse but: Ty Willingham and Mark Emmert are garbage.  Washington is not a 0-12 program unless you put shit people in important positions.  The program didn’t have 0-12 talent on roster.   

4 minutes ago, Bevo said:

5-7 the two years before that. Texas' record under Strong was 6-7, 5-7, 5-7 or roughly equivalent to Willingham. CDC said he wanted success at two places as a head coach. I don't think Sark fits the bill. Listen, just because I think that he was a terrible hire doesn't mean you shouldn't be excited. But, to me I think the BMDs didn't learn jack shit and went after the next shiny thing instead of looking at the criteria needed to be successful as a head coach and measuring their interviewees by those criteria.

This is a stupid take. You keep trying to say willingham and Strong were equivalent but they weren’t. Strong was hammered dogshit. Willingham was aids infected/dumpster fire raging/hammered dogshit. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cashcar said:

you're a fucking idiot...go look up UW's run the few seasons before Sark. 

With the first fired coach in modern Norte Dame history!  Tyrone Willingham was a garbage coach, garbage leader, and lazy.  Tom Herman wins 7+ with those teams.

1 minute ago, Cashcar said:

you're a fucking idiot...go look up UW's run the few seasons before Sark. 

It is fine to call me names, but before you do, please read my post: I posted the records of the Willingham years and the Sark years. So, no need for me to look them up again. If you want to do a comparison, compare Willingham to Strong. Then, compare Sark to Herman. Their transformations of the programs were roughly equivalent.

• Fuck You 1

Just now, Bevo said:

It is fine to call me names, but before you do, please read my post: I posted the records of the Willingham years and the Sark years. So, no need for me to look them up again. If you want to do a comparison, compare Willingham to Strong. Then, compare Sark to Herman. Their transformations of the programs were roughly equivalent.

No they aren’t. Willingham went 0-13 his last year. 11-37 overall. 
strong was “only 5-7” and 16-21. 
Strong

was clearly not as bad as TY. 

• Hook 'Em 1