Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

9 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Why would he tweet that if he didn't feel they'd be coming back? Unless you think he's threatening to leave Texas if they aren't, which is a separate matter entirely.

Haven’t followed Juwan Mitchell’s time here real closely, have ya?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Agent 13 said:

I would think any recruiter belittling addiction would be immediately put into the dick file for a recruit's parents. 

telling a recruits parents that Sark could fall off the wagon and get fired any day is the problem there.

He'd be OC because thats what it would take to pay him to leave Alabama.  Sark is the OC.
Flood coached under Schiano at Rutgers - say what you want about Schiano the person, but he can coach and wouldn't allow someone who couldn't coach to hang around very long.

No prob at all with Flood being the OL coach, just curious about what all the OC tag would intel for him, and it seems to be the popular opinion he would not actually be calling plays, which would make me feel a lot better.

24 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

He’s been an OL coach a long time, no doubt. Not a lot of issues with him being the OL coach.
Just not sure how concerns about the guy being an OC were going to be washed away by bringing up the fact he’s coached one NFL draft class at Bama emoji2371.png

I was saying he’s probably put an entire nfl offensive line into the league in 2 years at Bama.  Probably not true, and a little sarcastic, but probably not far from the truth either.

24 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Forget it. The sunshine pumpers have already spun Sark into a great hire 🙄 With impressive speed, I must add.

anyway, I'm sure this has been rehashed but both Mitchell and Overshown seem confident we'll keep Ash + Hutzler so that gives me hope.

If he plays next year at Texas I'd be surprised

35 minutes ago, BoomerSooner2578 said:

You guys are bringing up shit from when he was out-of-control drinking. 

I know I said, "I'll leave", but this is simply too much to ignore. He HAS to be clean, and Mike Stoops is not going to be your DC, and likely not a position coach. Sark was talented when he WAS addicted to / abusing alcohol. I realize that this post will get me AT LEAST fifteen more "fuck you" reactions, but UT would not have hired him if he was not clean and sober. 

Stop thinking about / over-analyzing the alcoholic Sark, and be open to the guy that is clean now.  

Spoken like a true alcoholic. Jk

• Like 1

No prob at all with Flood being the OL coach, just curious about what all the OC tag would intel for him, and it seems to be the popular opinion he would not actually be calling plays, which would make me feel a lot better.

The right to pay him more money. Same thing with AHC titles.

14 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

No shit lol. Considering one can't stay healthy and the other sucks at his position, it looks like they'll be playing in the parking lot. Dumbasses

Ideally Mitchell is in the parking lot and not the field and Whitt goes to a yoga studio and builds some flexibility vs lifting with his brother in the off season.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I was saying he’s probably put an entire nfl offensive line into the league in 2 years at Bama.  Probably not true, and a little sarcastic, but probably not far from the truth either.

Check up-thread a bit. There is an entire starting lineup of AL OL in the NFL .  In fact , a few weeks ago, when Tua started, there was a starter, from Bama,  at all 22 positions that Sunday.

Edited by jdhorn92

4 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

entail?

Just now, BradInATX said:
2 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:
Check up-thread a bit. There is an entire starting lineup of AL OL in the NFL .  In fact , a few weeks ago, when Tua started, there was a starter at all 22 positions that Sunday.  

That's impressive. Let's hire Nick Saban.

Haha. We tried, we tried. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BradInATX said:
2 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:
Check up-thread a bit. There is an entire starting lineup of AL OL in the NFL .  In fact , a few weeks ago, when Tua started, there was a starter at all 22 positions that Sunday.  

That's impressive. Let's hire Nick Saban.

image.jpeg.e5d4842801b9581ec023cc98679eaa88.jpeg

2 hours ago, theaveragejon said:

My CFB viewing has declined rapidly as years of Texas football mediocrity has set in. Really only tuning in to watch Texas games. Because I hate myself. I think the the Bama game yesterday was the first one I watched this year. And on top of that I was not really paying attention to the system and style offense that Bama was running.

With that said, this was just a long winded question, what kind of offense does Sark run. Thanks, i'll hang up and listen. 

When he doesn’t have Bammers Heisman Finalist QB throw to the likely Heisman winning WR, he hands the ball to Bammers all time leading rusher.  

2 hours ago, theaveragejon said:

My CFB viewing has declined rapidly as years of Texas football mediocrity has set in. Really only tuning in to watch Texas games. Because I hate myself. I think the the Bama game yesterday was the first one I watched this year. And on top of that I was not really paying attention to the system and style offense that Bama was running.

With that said, this was just a long winded question, what kind of offense does Sark run. Thanks, i'll hang up and listen. 

He seems to prefer the pro style spread in base formation, but he is quite multiple when playcalling calls for it. What he likes to do is be aggressive in leveraging the defense for big plays. He does this mostly by establishing the run game and then attacking deep where he gets one on one matchups where the defender is on the wrong side of the route . Sark wants to score and he wants to score a lot. That is very simple but he’s also got the talent and players to make almost every call work right now

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, RollLeft said:
Nick Saban and Bama didn't feel it was a problem.  

That's because they got to tell parents their kids were playing for Nick Saban. Sark was a replaceable cog in an unstoppable machine that prints NFL players.

An unstoppable machine that personally picked and entrusted Sark with its players and offense to continue that NFL tradition.

2 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Haven't found an article that does a good job of breaking down his philosophy yet - but I did like this quote, and I expect Bijan will as well:

“Well I think it starts in running the football,” Sarkisian said Saturday when asked about his offensive philosophy. “In my opinion, every year I’ve called plays in college football I’ve always had a 1,000-yard rusher.”

Thought I read that Herman never had one as a head coach. I’m too lazy to look it up. 

2 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

He seems to prefer the pro style spread in base formation, but he is quite multiple when playcalling calls for it. What he likes to do is be aggressive in leveraging the defense for big plays. He does this mostly by establishing the run game and then attacking deep where he gets one on one matchups where the defender is on the wrong side of the route . Sark wants to score and he wants to score a lot. That is very simple but he’s also got the talent and players to make almost every call work right now

Oh thank god, I thought we would get an offensive coordinator that didn’t want to score or score a lot. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Forget it. The sunshine pumpers have already spun Sark into a great hire With impressive speed, I must add.
anyway, I'm sure this has been rehashed but both Mitchell and Overshown seem confident we'll keep Ash + Hutzler so that gives me hope.

That doesn’t read as Mitchell being confident we keep Ash and Hutzler. That’s him saying he’s going where they go.

1 minute ago, RollLeft said:
An unstoppable machine that personally picked and entrusted Sark with its players and offense to continue that NFL tradition.

Replace Lane Kiffin with Sark and tell me the difference between the two statements.

The order

• Like 2

Why would he tweet that if he didn't feel they'd be coming back? Unless you think he's threatening to leave Texas if they aren't, which is a separate matter entirely.

I don’t know how you could read that any other way given that’s exactly what it says

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Oh thank god, I thought we would get an offensive coordinator that didn’t want to score or score a lot. 

You only need to win by 1.  Or whatever our dipshit offensive genius fired last coach said.  I think the guy is trying to say Sark won’t turtle.

Sigh. You said he did as good a job as anyone. That is laughable. He had three 7-6 seasons in a row. His nickname was literally “7-Win Steve” like “Turtle Tom”. 

Yah, my opinion is he did about as well as could be expected by just about anyone. It’s Washington.
  • Hook 'Em 1