Official Coach Sark Thread of Dominance—haters back off

SimkinsMan

10 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

That TCU game was fun. The week before, Kevin Mar’s crew let KSU mug Worthy. I guess TCU thought they’d get to do the same. Their plan was to single their shutdown corner, Josh Newton, on him, freeing up the rest of the defense to focus on the rest. That plan didn’t work out like they thought it would. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

The fastest man on earth just said that joining Sark took him to places they never thought possible with all the football world's spotlight on him.

You do realize X is nowhere near the "fastest man on earth", right?

On 2/18/2024 at 10:21 AM, BurntOrange&White said:

It’s fully guaranteed as all major college coaches contracts are. This isn’t that difficult, holy fuck. 

Not all are fully guaranteed.  Elko I think gets something like 75% of his contract if fired early.  So it is partially guaranteed.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Hank Chinaski said:

I mean, he’s probably in the 99.9th percentile, right? 

Well... yeah, if you think there are 8,000,000 people faster than he is. 

EDIT: changed 8,000,000 men to 8,000,000 people to avoid appearance of genderism, just in case one or more of those 8,000,000 identify as female.

EDIT: which probably wouldn't surprise anyone.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Using a unique scenario because of them paying Jimbo 7+ million to not coach isn't a great argument.

Matt Rhule's contract is not fully guaranteed.

Brian Harsin's contract was partially guaranteed.  He received 70% of his remaining contract.

Malzahn received 75% of his remaining contract.

It is actually common for coaches to not get full amount of contract if terminated without cause.

3 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

Matt Rhule's contract is not fully guaranteed.

Brian Harsin's contract was partially guaranteed.  He received 70% of his remaining contract.

Malzahn received 75% of his remaining contract.

It is actually common for coaches to not get full amount of contract if terminated without cause.

So 4-5 coaches out of how many p4? Yeah so common

52 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Well... yeah, if you think there are 8,000,000 people faster than he is. 

EDIT: changed 8,000,000 men to 8,000,000 people to avoid appearance of genderism, just in case one or more of those 8,000,000 identify as female.

EDIT: which probably wouldn't surprise anyone.

Right, we could add some more 9s in there. Probably several more. Point is, relatively speaking, he is firmly in a tiny population of fastest humans.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, Hank Chinaski said:

I mean, he’s probably in the 99.9th percentile, right? 

Sure.  I think my statement was more accurate than what I was responding to.  I suspect there are hundreds of men who could run the 40 faster than X.  Football times just don't match sprinter times.

3 hours ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Right, we could add some more 9s in there. Probably several more. Point is, relatively speaking, he is firmly in a tiny population of fastest humans.

Innumeracy is a major problem, glossed over by people worldwide. It rears its head when we get past the stage of making the next value after "1, 2, 3..." turn out to be "many".

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Sure.  I think my statement was more accurate than what I was responding to.  I suspect there are hundreds of men who could run the 40 faster than X.  Football times just don't match sprinter times.

Hundreds? Ain't no fucking way.

This dude is known for his starting ability, holds the 60m world record, holds the 6th fastest 100m of all time and posted a 4.12 (what looks like an extremely unofficial 4.12, btw).

Sprinters don't train for the 40 the way football players do. I'd be surprised if you could find more than 20 or 25 track athletes that could post a sub 4.2.

Let's keep in mind that you make a lot more money playing football than running track.

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Are all the "OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE WE FULLY GUARANTEED IT LIKE AGGY" people going to come back and admit they were wrong? 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Does anyone else think the buyout is really small? 10M in year one and it decreases quickly. 

On the other side of things, if Sarkisian were to resign or terminate the deal for whatever reason in 2024, he would owe $10 million to UT. That drops to $6 million in 2025, $4 million in 2026, $3 million in 2027, $2 million in 2028 and 2029, and $1 million in 2030

17 minutes ago, hornbri said:

Does anyone else think the buyout is really small? 10M in year one and it decreases quickly. 

Perhaps a sign that CDC is quite confident Sark won’t leave us for another job and that’s his way to expressing it?

2 hours ago, hornbri said:

Yeah that is very surprising. Basically pointless at that level, wouldn't be a problem for any big program. Gives Sark all the leverage in any future negotiations.

Texas always has small buyouts, where have y'all been? It comes from the "if they don't want to be here then we're not making them stay" perspective, which works when you're a place people generally don't want to leave. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Texas always has small buyouts, where have y'all been? It comes from the "if they don't want to be here then we're not making them stay" perspective, which works when you're a place people generally don't want to leave. 

I always assumed Shaka’s buyout for leaving for Marquette was “thank fucking god, just get out”

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, randygilman said:

Someone should tell fake Billy Vegas that, yes, indeed, he is mathing wrong. 

Even if the actual contract details above were posted to rebut Juanny, that waterhead fool would try to respond with some imbecilic blather.

Sorta like that dumbass aggy airhead broad who kept trying to claim on air that aTm was richer than Texas.

Edited by Armybrat

6 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Even if the actual contract details above were posted to rebut Juanny, that waterhead fool would try to respond with some imbecilic blather.

Sorta like that dumbass aggy airhead broad who kept trying to claim on air that aTm was richer than Texas.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, speed817 said:

Aggy education....

Screenshot_20240307-160459.thumb.png.e1aa3c2a18ac3e95306edcaee0e8ea9c.png

For those of you with equally bad math skills, here's the actual math:

Should Sarkisian be let go after the 2024 season without cause, Texas would owe him $54,315,000. 

If let go after the 2025 campaign, Texas would be on the hook for $45,475,000.

Following 2026, his buyout decreases to $36,550,000.

An early termination without cause after the 2027 season would result in a $27,540,000 buyout for Sarkisian.

A parting of ways after 2028 would mean Texas owes Sarkisian $18,445,000.

If Sarkisian and Texas ended their relationship after the 2029 season, Texas would owe $9,265,000.

• 2 weeks later...

I missed the sark contract details, but the deboer contract made me curious. It seems jimbo effectively reset coach comp - agents now know there will always be a dumbass willing to obliterate the market for marginal talent.

Perhaps a sign that CDC is quite confident Sark won’t leave us for another job and that’s his way to expressing it?
What job out there is more attractive than The University of Texas, or even equal at the moment? Sark isn't going anywhere else unless asked to do so by the University of Texas.

Edit- non-NFL coaching job that is.

On 3/3/2024 at 11:28 PM, jimmyjazz said:

You do realize X is nowhere near the "fastest man on earth", right?

He’s the fastest man that ever did something cool with it like play WR at Texas and go kill it at the combine. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 5 weeks later...