Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

12 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

I just on Texas Homer's latest video that dropped today that WR Parker Livingstone ran 22.4 MPH via catapult. What does that translate to in the 40-yard dash time or 100-meter time?

Katfid: "Faster than Jake Oliver and slower than Jake Smith."

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

I just on Texas Homer's latest video that dropped today that WR Parker Livingstone ran 22.4 MPH via catapult. What does that translate to in the 40-yard dash time or 100-meter time?

No one here is doing your work for you, you fat worthless fuckstick. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I wonder if the zulu at the end of his name indicates a connection with that magnificent people. 

spacer.png

I've had dreams where I run with the Zulu impis. Had Europeans not landed or had the Zulus got their start back in the days of Rome, there is no telling how a Zulu empire would have evolved. Profiency at combat seems to, ironically, be a key civilization starter.

I highly recommend The Washing of the Spears which South Africans I have known also recommend.

Sorry. I almost feel like changing my user name to ZuluVicta, but I'm not worthy.

One of my guesses at your name was that you were from the border town of Roma.

• Haha 2

I was reading the Modden decommit responses on IT through my dad’s account earlier. Even though Gerry has been saying the same stuff there that I’ve been saying over here for months, most of the responses are handwringing about the 2024 recruiting class and worrying about “losing” Modden. The subscriber boards - man. 

Best of luck to Modden. I hope he can get more help and fix himself and have a good life. 

• Hook 'Em 3

30 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

My favorite part about the mailbox guy’s arrivals is not how everyone reacts with batshit crazy angry takes wishing his worthless ass ill will, but more the part where he never reacts. Just keeps posting like nothing’s happened. It’s like watching someone perform a bit. Surly Theatre of the Absurd at its finest. 

You've mocked another guy like that recently. 

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

I really, really don't want to hear how Geoff Ketchum defines Super Juice. On the other hand, that has the potential to be a great tweet. 

I gave your mom some super juice last night.Pleasantly Surprised Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Dude is 6-4, fast and can catch. I know he isnt ranked high but that's a good outside WR. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TheContractor said:

Dude is 6-4, fast and can catch. I know he isnt ranked high but that's a good outside WR. 

Casey Cain is slower than shit but had a huge bowl game and would have had a 2 or 3 TDs against ISU if he could catch. Sarkisian can get WRs open via scheme.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

My favorite part about the mailbox guy’s arrivals is not how everyone reacts with batshit crazy angry takes wishing his worthless ass ill will, but more the part where he never reacts. Just keeps posting like nothing’s happened. It’s like watching someone perform a bit. Surly Theatre of the Absurd at its finest. 

I have gotten to a point where I yell "You fat bitch" at my computer screen when he shows up.  So I got that going for me

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I was reading the Modden decommit responses on IT through my dad’s account earlier. Even though Gerry has been saying the same stuff there that I’ve been saying over here for months, most of the responses are handwringing about the 2024 recruiting class and worrying about “losing” Modden. The subscriber boards - man. 

Best of luck to Modden. I hope he can get more help and fix himself and have a good life. 

It it the same thing in the Clark commitment thread. Even though Gerry has explictily said mulitple times Texas is taking 2 backs this cycle, the comments are.

"Are we taking 2 backs?"

"How is this going to affect Gibson?"

I don't think reading comprehension and retention is a real thing on that board.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

CB for Eugene Brooks.  Timing early July, but could happen sooner.  Article below.

image.thumb.png.ee2b55bb83720b2eb3d7d625d40a5d51.png

Spoiler

New Crystal Ball forecast in for Texas

Greg Biggins

Chatsworth (Calif.) Sierra Canyon offensive lineman Eugene Brooks officially visited Oklahoma and Texas over the last two weeks and could be making his decision sooner than later.

We had heard Brooks could be visiting Georgia this weekend but that’s not happening. USC was also involved but at this point, it looks like a Sooner-Longhorn battle.

From talking with some people close to Brooks’ recruitment it sounds like his weeknd visit to Texas made a big impact and the Horns are the team to beat. With no more visits on the docket, I went ahead and put in a Crystal Ball forecast here for Texas.

As for his timeframe for a decision, it sounds like early July is most likely although it won’t surprise if he pulls the trigger sooner than that.

Brooks is one of the top offensive linemen out West and has done a great job of re-shaping his body over the last couple of years. He has lost around 50 pounds since his freshman season and is moving better and is much more fluid.

He’s a naturally strong kid with good feet and is tough to beat with a bull rush or a speed rush. He can play guard and tackle but likely projects as an interior lineman at the next level.

• Hook 'Em 7

7 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Fuck the Nigerians. I hate those guys.

I thought this was an obvious joke in contrast to my post about the Zulus. Four negs tell me I'm way off.

Sincere apologies for offending anyone. 

Particularly:

@USMCHorn @D3zii @celebrityhottub @Sgt Hulk and @TheContractor

I have no such opinion about Nigeria or Nigerians. The Nigerians who have come to play at Texas have all been exemplary Longhorns.

I read your post as you enjoy hate fucking Nigerians  nttawtt

🤣

22 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

I haven't read the sanctions just announced for LSU. Do they include a bowl ban or scholarship reduction? Or is it just the vacated wins and self-imposed bowl ban from 2020?

Looks to be just 3 seasons of vacated wins. Self punishment to check the boxes.

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls