Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

The live of this is hilarious, terrible lighting, the guy yelling questions at him, the mic being kind of muffled sounding.

image.thumb.png.01c057d4c3660700b1a4e3a09bd885b8.png

I mean, it's Daingerfield, live streaming video probably only got there two weeks ago.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I mean, it's Daingerfield, live streaming video probably only got there two weeks ago.

Two weeks ago? Shit man. I can tell you haven't ever been to Dfield. They got internet like two hours ago. Why do you think he had to push back the commitment time?

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, NoName said:

Two weeks ago? Shit man. I can tell you haven't ever been to Dfield. They got internet like two hours ago. Why do you think he had to push back the commitment time?

And it’s probably satellite internet at that 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Yeah that sucks...

giphy.gif

25 minutes ago, BERT said:

Still one of the most awesome things I’ve ever seen

I didn’t know this until I saw it a while back, but that’s Calvin Murray hitting. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Interesting comment from Cooper Pategna.

(The guy's a National Rec Analyst at 247 now, but has been the Rec Coordinator at Michigan, Director of Player Personnel at Washington, and Rec Co-ord at Oregon.)

And then lots of praise for Sark/Texas recruiting from Josh Pate.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

So, Vegas says 9.5 wins with a game against alabama at their house. I am guessing Vegas thinks this is a loss? That’s a lot of stress on sark there. He better win the others easily. He will get a short pass next year maybe but if he fucks up this year there may be changes. Probably not though, we should hit 9 wins at worst.

28 minutes ago, markstanco said:

So, Vegas says 9.5 wins with a game against alabama at their house. I am guessing Vegas thinks this is a loss? That’s a lot of stress on sark there. He better win the others easily. He will get a short pass next year maybe but if he fucks up this year there may be changes. Probably not though, we should hit 9 wins at worst.

If Quinn is something resembling an NFL QB we should win every other game by double digits.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Getafix said:

Interesting comment from Cooper Pategna.

(The guy's a National Rec Analyst at 247 now, but has been the Rec Coordinator at Michigan, Director of Player Personnel at Washington, and Rec Co-ord at Oregon.)

And then lots of praise for Sark/Texas recruiting from Josh Pate.

Just say it aloud. Austin is the most bad ass SEC city because Vandy sucks at football, and NIL. The SEC let a wolf in the henhouse. Let’s Go!

• Hook 'Em 8

7 hours ago, markstanco said:

They're looking at broad probabilities. So if they think we have a 30% chance of winning that one and a relatively high but but not 100% chance of winning the rest (I am not about to attempt this math), you end up with averaging out to 9ish. And then Texas always gets a lot of action, so make it a little higher.

Here's KFord's season infographic that neatly illustrates the idea:

DB6DA80C-8671-4D5F-8E4A-936C7CA69344.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls