Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

23 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

It was more about if he chose our NIL route or the LSU cash route but carry on brother!

Everyone knew exactly what you meant. And amazingly it’s like you didn’t read or understand my post. 

18 minutes ago, Park Gothic said:

It would have cost you $0 not to post this

If I have to suffer existentially, everyone else is going to do some form of suffering with me. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

My sources are saying it’s 50.5 49.5 a coin flip right now 

SMU is a player

I get the weight of heads vs tails making a 50.5 to 49.5 difference. But if SMU is a player, then I don't get how you can flip a coin to get an answer.

Just now, Bevo said:

I get the weight of heads vs tails making a 50.5 to 49.5 difference. But if SMU is a player, then I don't get how you can flip a coin to get an answer.

If the money comes in they think will come in it could delay the decision timeline. Some Texas rangers money involved 

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

If you guys want a laugh, Tigerdroppings has a thread that initially thought the CJ Vogel TFB update was him switching from Texas to LSU.  It starts out great for them, then when somebody tells them the truth shit goes downhill.

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/lsu-recruiting/update-on-collin-simmons-good-news-for-lsu/109252867/

streaming will ferrell GIF

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Some Horns 247 staff comments in the thread following the article above.

Standish echoing the sentiments.

image.thumb.png.3930bb585105de8259fc9dacd9418534.png

Scruggs doubling down.

image.thumb.png.b3a6fff248a002f42fa590c8e179b5c5.png

Roach roaching.

image.thumb.png.bfeefa2e20d76e26fc4b270eaf655e53.png

Lordy lordy ... the goodness could spill over to McKinley.

image.thumb.png.652a292bcc964156c1dd9af431c23254.png

In as much as one can be from prognostications, I'm gruntled.  

Are you all gruntled?

kermit-lotion.gif.282ecda72cb84c9da089c6400907d633.gif

• Haha 6

Some Ryan Wingo info

Hank South (Horns 247)

Spoiler

Some Ryan Wingo info

Hank South

Traded messages with 5-star WR Ryan Wingo (he's a busy guy right now with fall camp) and got some info to pass along:

-- He *does* plan to attend a game in Austin this fall but says he doesn't know which one just yet. Steve Wiltfong reported that it could be the Wyoming game. That's probably safe to circle as the tentative date right now.

-- I asked him about the relationship he's building with WR coach Chris Jackson ...

"Having the chance to play for Coach Jackson is basically like practicing like a pro because he’s been in the league for so long. He’s got that experience with all top WRs."

-- He reaffirmed plans to announce a commitment on Dec. 20, so there's still a ways to go.

-- There was a Mizzou Crystal Ball placed by 247's Allen Trieu this week. Wingo did not name any favorites or say any one team is standing out. Of note, Wiltfong is still on Texas with his Crystal Ball. He noted in a recent story we posted on Horns247 that it's going to be a battle with Mizzou to the end.

-- Texas looks like it's still doing what it needs to do in this recruitment and getting him back on campus will be big this fall.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

SIAP, but what is John Jancek's previous coaching resume that someone thinks he's a better developer than PK?  His track record/draft picks at UW speak for itself, not to mention the noticeable devolopment/improvement of the defense last year.

He appears to be a journeyman coach who has a few stops in the SEC.  Nothing screams recruiting wizard or developer extraordinaire.  He's not young or hip.  If he's been a building block of a great team I missed it.

7 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

No one wrote that, it was a stupid fucking poster on a livestreem that asked the question and said diversity, and now we've delved down this fucking rabbit hole based on something someone heard about Ferris Buellar at 31 fucking flavors last night. This was the original quote that got this started, I know becuase I went back 5 pages and did a control F for fucking Diversity.

So now we've gone from talking about diversity, and if it's an issue, to blaming some phantom 995er for writing and legitimizing it, when it was a stupid fucking knob on a livestream the likely equivalent of Spider2yBanana and now the rest of us are dealing with this pile of horseshit. I've seen 5 year olds fuck up a game of telephone less than this shit, and there's a goddamn digital fucking record here. 

This is about as classic Surly as it gets, and I hate every single one of you. 

Well fuck you, too

Edited by Waterboarder
  • Haha 1

This may not be a new issue as it could have been happening with bag money for years, but I’d be interested to know what the thinking at various schools is on what to do with resources committed to a recruit become available because that recruit chooses another school. 

Especially with a summer verbal. 

do you hold on and keep fighting for a while longer?  How long?  Do you pivot and try to get in on or close another recruitment or multiple recruitments if the resources can be split?  Are the resources guaranteed or were they contingent on that particular recruit?

pretty high stakes strategy game. 

20 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

Pete K is our edge coach. Do we need a dedicated EDGE coach? Someone to pair with Bo Davis on the recruiting trail? Would we have to give up another coach to do that? If so, who would be the best to give up in order to bring in Demarcus ware or something??

Kwiatkowski and Davis is a GD buddy cop movie. How much diversity do you people need?

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

Pete K is our edge coach. Do we need a dedicated EDGE coach? Someone to pair with Bo Davis on the recruiting trail? Would we have to give up another coach to do that? If so, who would be the best to give up in order to bring in Demarcus ware or something??

Stupidity Are You Stupid GIF

• Haha 3

I was thinking earlier today that the odds of CS's 3 choices were analogous to a roulette wheel. On the roulette wheel Texas could be black, LSU could be red, but Miami would definitely be the green double zero. It rarely lands on that green space, but that is how the house gets their advantage and it always hits at the worst time.

• Rage+1 1

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls