Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

49 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

If your version of being funny is running the same tired jokes into the ground then you aren't really funny. This board would be a lot better if some of you stopped trying to be comedians.

Curious as to why you're being so catty?  Not all of us can be 100% laser focused on recruiting, nor can we spin a great yarn to to herd everyone's attention.  

I suggest quit mewling over spilled milk and maybe get a little nap in this afternoon.  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, SarkAfterDark said:

If your version of being funny is running the same tired jokes into the ground then you aren't really funny. This board would be a lot better if some of you stopped trying to be comedians.

I don't get it.

• Haha 5

(More than the perfunctory still-in-contact article - "Davis says he “for sure” intends to be at DKR this fall for a game".)

Texas A&M commit Myles Davis still in contact with Longhorns

Hank South (Horns 247)

Spoiler

Texas A&M commit Myles Davis still in contact with Longhorns

Hank South (Horns 247)

Four-star safety Myles Davis committed to Texas A&M last month, but that hasn’t kept the Longhorns staff from maintaining pursuit of the Converse Judson standout.

“Coach Gideon, I just talked to him yesterday,” Davis told Horns247. “He’s just checking in on me seeing how I’m doing.”

Davis says he “for sure” intends to be at DKR this fall for a game. He hasn’t decided which one he’ll attend yet, though.

“They were top two, for sure,” Davis said of what keeps him interested in Texas. “It was a hard decision and one I still think about sometimes, but I have no regrets at all.

“Coach Gideon is really a good coach and being coached by him is no drop off from the standard I’m held at now. He means business and I like that.”

Davis still feels comfortable with his commitment to the Aggies. He says besides Texas and Texas A&M, he has no other visits planned this fall. TCU and USC might get one, but he has to see how things shake out.

“I am locked in all the way,” he said of his pledge to the Aggies. “I feel very comfortable with my commitment. A&M was were my heart was at and still is from the first day I stepped on that campus. And Coach BGA, I just related to him easier than any coach.”

Asked which school is putting the most pressure on the Aggies …

“Texas,” Davis replied.

At 6-foot-1, 185 pounds, Davis is ranked the No. 33 safety and the No. 310 overall prospect in the country, per the 247Sports Composite Rankings.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

For real....that would be more beneficial than endowing an athletic director.

Wonder if NIL was even considered by these Folger folks. 

$10 mil to the One Fund would've been useful and assume "non-salaried strategic use" does not mean NIL bags...or does it?

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls