Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

30 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Can our big donors get off their fucking asses for like one second and just build an airport in Lafaeytte? What are we even doing here?

IMG_6813.thumb.png.6882697b91226959e5863e722aa45a16.png

Apparently we just need JSX to start flying Lafayette to Austin on Saturday mornings and Austin to Lafayette on Sunday mornings.

IMG_6815.thumb.png.fb3f2b379e4765d949cf3b54723973dc.png

Edited by Napoleon
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Gerry on McKinley: 

Dominick McKinley plans to major in computer science

How does Texas stack up nationally against other finalists … Ohio State, Texas A&M, Oklahoma and LSU?

Texas - No. 8 
Ohio State - No. 24
Texas A&M - No. 41
LSU - No. 105 
Oklahoma - No. 120

Per 2023 rankings …

https://www.usnews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-science-schools/computer-science-rankings

I’m still trying to think of one successful college football player ever that was a computer programmer, other than Knute Rockne.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Gerry on McKinley: 

How does Texas stack up nationally against other finalists … Ohio State, Texas A&M, Oklahoma and LSU?

Texas - No. 8 
Ohio State - No. 24
Texas A&M - No. 41
LSU - No. 105 
Oklahoma - No. 120

Per 2023 rankings …

https://www.usnews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-science-schools/computer-science-rankings

OU Computer Science out here training the AV Support Technicians of tomorrow

• Haha 4

If Gerry said that, he has to mean that "it helps A&M (at the expense of tOSU and OU, not relative to Texas)".
The difference between Lafayette - CS and Lafayette - Austin is only an hour.

I took it as a reason a&m has risen, the reality of Friday night hs football in Lafayette and Saturday college football has put a premium on miles from home.

Gerry on McKinley: 

Texas - No. 8 
Ohio State - No. 24
Texas A&M - No. 41
LSU - No. 105 
Oklahoma - No. 120

Per 2023 rankings …

Uh oh, he can get in to a&m computer “science”, the UT program is ridiculously difficult to get into nowadays, or so I’ve been told.

32 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

I also "planned to major in computer science"

Me too, and went that route for two years. One day I took a look around the room and noticed the students who were left. It hit me; there was no way I was spending the rest of my working life around those goons. I gathered my shit and left in the middle of class.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Me too, and went that route for two years. One day I took a look around the room and noticed the students who were left. It hit me; there was no way I was spending the rest of my working life around those goons. I gathered my shit and left in the middle of class.

you couldn't hack it.  it's hard.  don't be ashamed.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Or what? Like, seriously, what in the fuck have you done to help? You’re not Burnt Ends and I doubt your TOF. So what value have you added that gives you this sense of entitlement? 

Every 5 star recruitment is a fucking knife fight and 5 star DLs also involve hand grenades and automatic weapons. If some idiot program shows up and blows everything out of the market, so be it. But yes, your ire is noted if the work being put it in is for naught because ATM wants to play 11 defensive linemen in their innovative 11-0-0 defensive front. 

marlon-wayans-missile.gif

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Or what? Like, seriously, what in the fuck have you done to help? You’re not Burnt Ends and I doubt your TOF. So what value have you added that gives you this sense of entitlement? 

Every 5 star recruitment is a fucking knife fight and 5 star DLs also involve hand grenades and automatic weapons. If some idiot program shows up and blows everything out of the market, so be it. But yes, your ire is noted if the work being put it in is for naught because ATM wants to play 11 defensive linemen in their innovative 11-0-0 defensive front. 

Any info on 1) why A&M is so hell bent on throwing the money at DL over seemingly all other positions and 2) how in the hell they win some of those recruitments without their depth chart working against them?

4 hours ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

Gerry said that driving distance was becoming more important and that helped a&m. It sounds like it is between Texas and a&m, which sounds like NIL to me.

I assume they're calculating the driving distance of the schools from the new job we're getting McKinley's mom in Austin.

Back on track, we’ve got 16 commits (hopefully 17 by Friday) with 4ish 5 stars we’re going after hard and a handful of other guys. Assuming we don’t get all the 5 stars, how big does this class end up? I have trouble getting to 25, but with no class limit and the portal do we take some fliers and load up? 

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Back on track, we’ve got 16 commits (hopefully 17 by Friday) with 4ish 5 stars we’re going after hard and a handful of other guys. Assuming we don’t get all the 5 stars, how big does this class end up? I have trouble getting to 25, but with no class limit and the portal do we take some fliers and load up? 

We didn’t even know who Warren Roberson and Jelani McDonald were at this point last cycle. There will be new targets pop up. We shouldn’t have any problem taking 23-25.

• Hook 'Em 6

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls